Barnsley Game Attendance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm looking forward to their top boys swaggering up from the station singing "Sheffield's a shit hole I want to go home". The irony always makes me chuckle.
Few in the Howard pre match then...........

Barnsley not really a big attraction to be honest

Barnsley not really a big attraction to be honest

Probably the crummiest fixture out of the first six. I think the club have taken a calculated punt on charging top whack for this game on the assumption it would have little effect on the gate, i.e. a pretty decent away following plus the SUFC diehards.

Why don't we give Barnsley more tickets if we aren't going to no where near sell out ourselves? It seems daft business sense to me and we're losing serious money from it. Bonkers really!
They can't sell their current allocation can they?

They can't sell their current allocation can they?

Barnsley officially sold all their 2,200 ticket allocation this morning.
If we gave them the upper tier they'd probably sell another 100 or so, so not really worth bothering.

Derby County is another matter though, they sold all their 2,300 with a few days last week, didn't get anywhere near general sale
And I've no doubt they could have brought another 2 or 3,000.

Looks like the Brentford attendance will be beaten.:eek:

Don't see how.

Looking at the web site which shows current sales, home ticket sales seem well down compared to Brentford.
Against Brentford the South stand and Westfield corner stand were officially sold out with even the John Street stand almost sold out.

Tomorrow no stands are sold out with plenty of room in the Kop wings and BLUT.

I reckon with an estimated 3K decrease in home fans and a 1K increase in away fans compared to the Brentford match, there should be around 25K tomorrow.

We've sold almost as many for the Derby County game already with a full week to go, that game is looking like it's going to be easily the biggest crowd of the season so far.

Last edited:
I think we'll hit 26k all season
With the exception of Burton all the other games will see more away fans than Brentford game.

Don't see how.

Looking at the web site which shows current sales, home ticket sales seem well down compared to Brentford.
Against Brentford the South stand and Westfield corner stand were officially sold out with even the John Street stand almost sold out.

Tomorrow no stands are sold out with plenty of room in the Kop wings and BLUT.

I reckon with an estimated 3K decrease in home fans and a 1K increase in away fans compared to the Brentford match, there should be around 25K tomorrow.

We've sold almost as many for the Derby County game already with a full week to go, that game is looking like it's going to be easily the biggest crowd of the season so far.

As of now we have sold 24k then barnsleys on top of that so at least 27k tomorrow

Suspect 24k included Barnsley. Our gates traditionally take a very big dip on early and Sunday kick offs with a few exceptions. 27k would be an excellent and surprising gate for us if true

chipbuttyblade,

I guessed it might be that "official update" post on the other thread saying we've already sold 24K, so with 2.2K from Barnsley and and a few hundred last minute sales Friday night and pay on the day, it's gauranteeed to be 27K.

However there's no link and I can't see anything official from the club and as I say you can see a stadium plan of current ticket sales and it shows we've sold less compared to Brentford in EVERY stand.

Agree with the poster above, it seems more feasible that the " 24K official sales to date" figure was the total including Barnsley fans, so should end up around 25K but what do I know, I'm just estimating.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom