Baldock Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A scan is usually to check if something is more serious than it is – it’s not a guarantee that it is more serious, and you don’t need to be talking about football to be aware of that. For all we know if it comes back as fine that might be a green light for him to be back in training next week.
True.

A scan is usually to show up soft tissue injuries as well, as these cannot be detected by x-ray. So we're possibly talking suspected ligament damage or maybe a hamstring. It could be fairly minor, depends on whether there's a tear and if so, how big a tear. I don't think he'll be out long, just judging by the way he left the field. He'd obviously pulled or torn something, but he was able to walk off without too much trouble.

The bigger question though is will he get back into the side? I thought Cranie was superb the other night - he doesn't have Baldock's pace and attacking prowess down the flank, but he was very composed, very good on the ball, very good with his timing in tackles and looked like he'd been playing there all season. Even if Baldock's fit I'd let Cranie keep the shirt after that performance.

Thought the same, and I don’t think stamina will be an issue - solid pros like Cranie usually put in the work.

I'm sure he does, but he's barely played all season so there's a chance his match fitness could be lacking.

A scan is usually to check if something is more serious than it is – it’s not a guarantee that it is more serious, and you don’t need to be talking about football to be aware of that. For all we know if it comes back as fine that might be a green light for him to be back in training next week.
I didn’t say it was a guarantee that it’s more serious but you only have a scan if you’re unsure of something, in other words they must be unsure of something.

He’ll have tried to run on it and something may seem amiss, that’s why they’ll be having it, you wouldn’t have a scan after someone has jogged on it and the strain or knock feels like it’s getting better.

That’s bollocks and you know it pinchers.

Come on, get it out there, what is your problem with Fleck?

If you was of a male loving person which you well could be for all I know then you’d happily let Coutts shaft you up the shitpipe but Fleck would get it up his arris from your one and only sausage roll, why is there that much difference regards the two, all the time, when you post on here?

I like Fleck a lot mate, but in my view he’s been poor this season. I’ve said many times why I believe that. Slow of thought and reaction, giving the ball away, often in dangerous areas, leaves half the pitch for opponents to run into. Shooting of Montgomery standards. No gear change. He can do so much better. I would, without a doubt, play Kieran Dowell in his place alongside Norwood.

I’m interested in promotion, not which players achieve it. No agenda at all. I’m sure Fleck will play today. I hope he has a blinder.

True.

A scan is usually to show up soft tissue injuries as well, as these cannot be detected by x-ray. So we're possibly talking suspected ligament damage or maybe a hamstring. It could be fairly minor, depends on whether there's a tear and if so, how big a tear. I don't think he'll be out long, just judging by the way he left the field. He'd obviously pulled or torn something, but he was able to walk off without too much trouble.

The bigger question though is will he get back into the side? I thought Cranie was superb the other night - he doesn't have Baldock's pace and attacking prowess down the flank, but he was very composed, very good on the ball, very good with his timing in tackles and looked like he'd been playing there all season. Even if Baldock's fit I'd let Cranie keep the shirt after that performance.

Baldock will be back as soon as he’s fit and rightly so. He has played really well since his return. His energy up and down the flank is a major asset.

I’m afraid not. He was truly awful for a succession of games prior to being, rightly and inevitably, left out. It looked like a settled state of affairs. I’ll be much happier to see Crainie in the line-up than Freeman. I see no need to involve him at all. We did rather well in the second half against Boro. That should be the starting point.
And scored after a minute today. Love it

And scored after a minute today. Love it

This doesn’t prove Pinchy wrong though. He simply stated that Wilder was right to drop him for Baldock after he had 4-5 stinkers in a row. We conceded a good few goals from Freeman being knackered and poor defensively (Derby & Forest away) prior to Baldock coming in and shoring things up.

We all know Freeman has the better output going forward, but his fitness isn’t anywhere near Baldock’s and when he tires he can be defensively suspect. It was great to see him back today and doing what he does best, but he wasn’t challenged at what he does worst.

This doesn’t prove 7Pinchy wrong though. He simply stated that Wilder was right to drop him for Baldock after he had 4-5 stinkers in a row. We conceded a good few goals from Freeman being knackered and poor defensively (Derby & Forest away) prior to Baldock coming in and shoring things up.

We all know Freeman has the better output going forward, but his fitness isn’t anywhere near Baldock’s and when he tires he can be defensively suspect. It was great to see him back today and doing what he does best, but he wasn’t challenged at what he does worst.
Looked fit enough to run Reading ragged today . Don't get this dissing our players lark . All players have off days . Norwoods had some stinkers as had Duffy and Fleck .
Singling players out for stick is non productive and being a twat to the club . Don't get what they are out to achieve except scuppering the clubs togetherness

He was not dropped he was injured by the way

This doesn’t prove Pinchy wrong though. He simply stated that Wilder was right to drop him for Baldock after he had 4-5 stinkers in a row. We conceded a good few goals from Freeman being knackered and poor defensively (Derby & Forest away) prior to Baldock coming in and shoring things up.

Pinchy also made the argument that Freeman wasn’t mobile enough, which was proven to be completely wrong about 30 seconds into the game when he got into the oppositions 6 yard box to slide in the first goal.

Looked fit enough to run Reading ragged today . Don't get this dissing our players lark . All players have off days . Norwoods had some stinkers as had Duffy and Fleck .
Singling players out for stick is non productive and being a twat to the club . Don't get what they are out to achieve except scuppering the clubs togetherness

He was not dropped he was injured by the way

He was dropped. Wilder wanted to drop him at Brentford but couldn’t because Baldock was ill. The next game, when Baldock was fit, he dropped him.

Pinchy also made the argument that Freeman wasn’t mobile enough, which was proven to be completely wrong about 30 seconds into the game when he got into the oppositions 6 yard box to slide in the first goal.

He’s not as mobile, or fit as Baldock. This I would agree with to be honest. He had started to tire badly in the final 30 minutes of games prior to him being dropped and he became prone to lapses. In his defence, he was still returning from a bad injury last season.

His qualities in the final third are also not in question. They’re unmatched by any of our other wing backs. He scores goals, makes good runs and finds players with his crosses.

If we could merge the two players we’d have a very good premier league wing back.

He’s not as mobile, or fit as Baldock. This I would agree with to be honest. He had started to tire badly in the final 30 minutes of games prior to him being dropped and he became prone to lapses. In his defence, he was still returning from a bad injury last season.

His qualities in the final third are also not in question. They’re unmatched by any of our other wing backs. He scores goals, makes good runs and finds players with his crosses.

If we could merge the two players we’d have a very good premier league wing back.
Ultimately, if we could merge all our wingbacks attributes together we’d have the best wingback in the country.

That wasn’t the point being made. Pinchy was making the argument that Freeman wasn’t mobile, there were no comparisons with other players.

I’d agree he isn’t as fit or mobile as Baldock but there aren’t many in the team who are. The biggest difference between the two for me is that Freeman goes that extra 10-15 yards further, he attacks the box, whereas Baldock doesn’t. That’s how Freeman gets a lot of his goals, like today.

Freeman good for a few games but then his form tails off ..a cliff

Ultimately, if we could merge all our wingbacks attributes together we’d have the best wingback in the country.

Haha, you’re right it was a bit of a boring point that I made.

A more interesting discussion would be - which of Baldock and Freeman has the most potential?

In other words, is it easier for Freeman to develop Baldock’s strengths (engine, pace, defensive positioning), or for Baldock to develop Freeman’s strengths (final third strengths - runs, delivery, goalscoring...).

Haha, you’re right it was a bit of a boring point that I made.

A more interesting discussion would be - which of Baldock and Freeman has the most potential?

In other words, is it easier for Freeman to develop Baldock’s strengths (engine, pace, defensive positioning), or for Baldock to develop Freeman’s strengths (final third strengths - runs, delivery, goalscoring...).

Baldock last few games has been better at shooting and putting balls in for me, so I think his ceiling is higher.

Personally I think Baldock could play in the Premier League if he kicks on a bit.

Fleck is one-paced. He has the same acceleration as Montgomery. None.

I fear you may have taken your eye off the ball during your renowned playing career at the highest level, given your unfortunate but obvious eyesight problems.

Isn’t Chris Morgan a qualified coach as well?

Who mentioned the highest level?

You really don’t understand football. You certainly don’t know as much about it as me and most others on here. Perhaps you should just stick to bullying younger posters, everybody finds their own level in the end. In terms of football knowledge, Pele knows, you are the Monty of the forum but without the likability. Dearly me, only in S2.

Who mentioned the highest level?

You really don’t understand football. You certainly don’t know as much about it as me and most others on here. Perhaps you should just stick to bullying younger posters, everybody finds their own level in the end. In terms of football knowledge, Pele knows, you are the Monty of the forum but without the likability. Dearly me, only in S2.

I leave you standing, mate. Uncomfortable truth.

Classic Freeman. All but forgotten and written off then comes back into the team and scores within 40 seconds. I had to laugh.

We could really do with another one of his 10-15 game stints.

I hope, and think that his substitution was just precautionary. He was walking OK and it might have been pre planned for 75 minutes anyway.

Classic Freeman. All but forgotten and written off then comes back into the team and scores within 40 seconds. I had to laugh.

I hope, and think that his substitution was just precautionary. He was walking OK and it might have been pre planned for 75 minutes anyway.

You could tell from his goal celebration that his teammates hate him. And did you notice he was blowing out his arse as he jogged back for the restart? Seemed to put a bit of timber on between the restart and the point he was subbed, and then looked disinterested as he went off the pitch.

We didn't all write him off Ricky ;)

Agree that his substitution looked like a matter of caution rather than necessity, think the combination of him tiring and then getting clattered meant it wasn't worth risking him.

Wilder mentioned in his post match that he reckons Baldock will be back for WBA, so selection headache ahead!

Surprised Freeman didn’t have his own thread. Considering he’s been out of the side since October/November with little to no u23 side he was my mom yesterday. There is no reason for him to be the furthest player forward to slide in after 40 seconds. That’s what he offers which is different to Baldock. We even have different tactics at wing backs too

Back
Top Bottom