Baldock Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shit. Can't afford Baldock to be out for any period of time. No doubt he'll miss WBA and Wednesday as well. It's one area I wish we addressed in January.

Shit. Can't afford Baldock to be out for any period of time. No doubt he'll miss WBA and Wednesday as well. It's one area I wish we addressed in January.

Why do you think he will miss West Brom and Wednesday games?

A like for the last line. We do need to strengthen both WB positions to be honest, unless Freeman comes back firing and Johnson steps up. Not sure on either.

In the short term though I am encouraged by Cranie and Bash can also do a very good job there, minus George's pace of course.

Surely Freeman just slots back in, I see no problem.
I see it as a massive problem. His form the last time he had a run in the team was abysmal at best, since he got dropped he's not even been making the match day squad and has been omitted from a few U23 matches. Doesn't bode well.

The problem is we have no idea what state Freeman's in. Not for the first time.

Why do you think he will miss West Brom and Wednesday games?

It's just happened before. 'Misses out v ____' doesn't just mean he'll miss that game. They're always tight lipped about injuries. Baldock's had these kind of injuries (calf?) before and been out for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Seems like a minor knock but never is. When he hobbled off the other night I expected him to be out for a while. Hope I'm wrong.

The problem is we have no idea what state Freeman's in. Not for the first time.

It's just happened before. 'Misses out v ____' doesn't just mean he'll miss that game. They're always tight lipped about injuries. Baldock's had these kind of injuries (calf?) before and been out for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Seems like a minor knock but never is. When he hobbled off the other night I expected him to be out for a while. Hope I'm wrong.
Think we can safely say that if Freeman isn't in the squad tomorrow then his days are definitely numbered.

Part of me wonders whether Freeman will slot back in. He seems to be stuck in the doghouse. This would be his chance to get out of it though, you'd think.

Also, for what it's worth, a bloke on twitter bumped into Baldock and his mrs in a restaurant last night. Of course he interrupted their Valentine's Day to ask for a picture. George told him he was having a scan today (presumably we have the results from that scan back, hence being ruled out) but the guy said he seemed to be walking around fine.

If JOC is back we may see Dowell at RWB

I don’t think Wilder would play a left-footer there unless a last resort. It would go against his approach to keeping balance with the personnel in the formation – that’s why you’ve at the like of Stevens and Lafferty in the past forced to switch to the left-sided midfield and defence roles. It’ll most likely be Cranie if Freeman is frozen out.

Part of me wonders whether Freeman will slot back in. He seems to be stuck in the doghouse. This would be his chance to get out of it though, you'd think.

Also, for what it's worth, a bloke on twitter bumped into Baldock and his mrs in a restaurant last night. Of course he interrupted their Valentine's Day to ask for a picture. George told him he was having a scan today (presumably we have the results from that scan back, hence being ruled out) but the guy said he seemed to be walking around fine.

Doubt it always takes days to get results

I'd play safe and play the same team as v Boro, I can't see why we wouldn't, they did well enough and Boro are a better side than Reading.
Why risk JOC if we don't need too, I'd rather have him able to play the rest of the season for the sake of a game or 2.

Freeman has disappeared.

Baldock was rarely on the bench when Freeman had the shirt. Reason being if anything happens to our right wing-back we have Bash to step in. Same with Cranie the other night.

We also have many behind closed doors games to keep our fringe players match fit, that is why we rarely see Coutts, Johnson, Moore etc in the U23s. I'll be surprised if Freeman does not slot straight back in on Saturday.

Because... Ricky.

Little-kids-Over-Reaction.gif

I imagine if Cranie plays Duffy will get the nod over Dowell as he’s more natural down sghe right side and will help our balance

Back
Top Bottom