Baldock, Stevens, Basham and Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
If all start this Sunday's match then it will be our third time in history to have four or more Ever Presents in a league season.

The other two seasons were;

1952-53 Ted Burgin, Fred Furniss, Joe Shaw, Alf Ringstead and Derek Hawksworth

1974-75 Jim Brown, Alan Woodward, Tony Currie and Tony Field.

Alan Woodward was our player in history that has been an Ever Present the most times; 1968-69, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1973-74 and 1974-75

Currie, Woodward and Brown great players but can't believe Tony Fields was an ever present. What was our back up like?

What a stat - and can’t see a reason why any of them wouldn’t be in the starting XI, unless any of them are carrying a knock.
Which I don’t think they are.

Currie, Woodward and Brown great players but can't believe Tony Fields was an ever present. What was our back up like?
David Bradford 22 + 4
John Flynn 18
Steve Cammack 7 + 6
Terry Garbett 5 + 4
Garry Jones 3
Steve Faulkner 3
Terry Nicholl 2 + 3
Steve Goulding 2
Ian MacKenzie 0 + 1
Gary France 0 + 1

Technically Baldock is our only ever-present this season. The others have all been subbed off in at least one match.

It would be a really incredible achievement from George, especially considering a lot of people thought he wouldn’t make the step up to the Premier League. He would be one of only 7 outfield players across the league to have played every minute this season.

My memory is failing I think.
I have always thought that the famous defence of Hodgkinson Coldwell Shaw Richardson Shaw Summers played all the games in one season.
Am I wrong ?

If all start this Sunday's match then it will be our third time in history to have four or more Ever Presents in a league season.

The other two seasons were;

1952-53 Ted Burgin, Fred Furniss, Joe Shaw, Alf Ringstead and Derek Hawksworth

1974-75 Jim Brown, Alan Woodward, Tony Currie and Tony Field.

Alan Woodward was our player in history that has been an Ever Present the most times; 1968-69, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1973-74 and 1974-75
Silent, can you tell me how many times Cec Coldwell was ever present please? I know one season he played 41 games, but forego his chance to play all 42, to allow a young Len Badger to play in a home match one Friday night towards the end of the season, against Leyton Orient, if I remember correctly.

Technically Baldock is our only ever-present this season. The others have all been subbed off in at least one match.

It would be a really incredible achievement from George, especially considering a lot of people thought he wouldn’t make the step up to the Premier League. He would be one of only 7 outfield players across the league to have played every minute this season.

Which given he’s spent some time injured in both of his previous seasons, is quite a big surprise – not something I was expecting.

Which given he’s spent some time injured in both of his previous seasons, is quite a big surprise – not something I was expecting.

Freeman has played some minutes this season. Who did he get subbed on for? I can’t remember as all games seem to have merged into one since lockdown. I assumed it was Baldock but I believe when you say not

Freeman has played some minutes this season. Who did he get subbed on for? I can’t remember as all games seem to have merged into one since lockdown. I assumed it was Baldock but I believe when you say not

He was put into some sort of weird midfieldish role I think? He came on for the last few mins for McBurnie at Newcastle.

My memory is failing I think.
I have always thought that the famous defence of Hodgkinson Coldwell Shaw Richardson Shaw Summers played all the games in one season.
Am I wrong ?
Silent, can you tell me how many times Cec Coldwell was ever present please? I know one season he played 41 games, but forego his chance to play all 42, to allow a young Len Badger to play in a home match one Friday night towards the end of the season, against Leyton Orient, if I remember correctly.
20200724_184156.jpg

3 times. Yes, Coldwell made 41 league appearances (Graham Shaw too) in the 1962-63 season when Len Badger and Bernard Shaw made their debuts in the 2-0 win against Leyton Orient (our 38th league game that season)

3 times. Yes, Coldwell made 41 league appearances (Graham Shaw too) in the 1962-63 season when Len Badger and Bernard Shaw made their debuts in the 2-0 win against Leyton Orient (our 38th league game that season)
I'd forgotten Graham Shaw had made way for his brother in that match. It must have been a great gesture to allow the youngsters to make their debuts, both for appearance money and for the kudos of being ever-present for a season.

Came on for Baldock in the Arsenal cup tie

I'd forgotten Graham Shaw had made way for his brother in that match. It must have been a great gesture to allow the youngsters to make their debuts, both for appearance money and for the kudos of being ever-present for a season.
They both looked class, especially Badger. It felt like the beginning of the end of an era, but with optimism for the future. The transition took time.

Since 2012

2016-17 Billy Sharp played in all 46 but 2 of them were sub appearances

2017-18 Jack O'Connell 46, Chris Basham 45 + 1

2018-19 Dean Henderson 46

Basham was not ever present in 2017-8. He missed the Forest home game

Norwood’s record is particularly impressive. He has played in every single league game since we signed him. That’s 80 consecutive league games.

Back
Top Bottom