Bad substitution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When you have pace up front with Burke and Brewster you need the passing range of Ollie Norwood in CDM, Berge was too cautious today, played safe short predictable passes that someone from the academy could have come on and done.

When he plays he’s got to be more dynamic, carry the ball, cause a bit of uncertainty amongst the opposition, draw players out of position and create space for others to exploit. Today was more like a game of chess than a game of football and about as interesting to watch, tbh? The Berge who played against Leeds, was not the Berge I watched today

Last years success was built on an original but unconventional approach, using fast paced overloads and catching the opposition off guard. Now our style of play seems to be almost identical to every other team in the Premiership and so the quality in each respective squad has a far greater influence on the final result.
Berge carrys the ball out of midfield which draws players out of position. Mcgoldrick draws to deep which then fills that hole an leaves us light up top. With two pacey strikers berge carrying it out we'll create alot more an have more options for our overlaps.

I'm gonna disagree respectfully, look at his head when he has the ball. Your told to look up at 6 Yr old
Solid player, excellent at holding the ball, Finds decent passes to bring team mates in as well

Interesting that lots of folks wanted Didsy off when he is our only scorer of the season and was running and harrying defenders loads in the 2nd half. Ref was having words with him for kicking lumps out of their blokes.

McBurnie was awful. I've still no idea why we have Billy in the squad. Burke did ok and luiz should have walked.
Let's hope Brewster fulfils the fee.

Interesting that lots of folks wanted Didsy off when he is our only scorer of the season and was running and harrying defenders loads in the 2nd half. Ref was having words with him for kicking lumps out of their blokes.

McBurnie was awful. I've still no idea why we have Billy in the squad. Burke did ok and luiz should have walked.
Let's hope Brewster fulfils the fee.
The fee is irrelevant to us non paying fans.

One good shot from McBernie is more than Burke has offered in the last two games .

Your post might have more credibility if you could maybe spell his name correctly? But anyway, contrary to your opinion, I reckon I offered as much as ‘McBurnie’ did today and I didn’t move off my settee all match.

Absolute shite, no passion, no hunger, no fucking interest. If anyone should be on performance related salary its that lad, we’d have the kop posts removed before Christmas 🤬🤬🤬

Which one did you get?, I have had a couple of theirs (Highland and Speyside I think) not bad for cheap, single malts.

I always get the Glen Marnoch Islay which is normally £17.49. A Glen Marnoch distillery doesn’t actually exist, it is Aldi’s brand, and the Islay is Caol Ila at about half price.

Today was a triumph and a disaster. I was told that it is not going to be available any more (!) but they were selling it off at £16.49 - so I bought their last 6 bottles!!

After 8 competitive defeats in succession I need it!

Berge carrys the ball out of midfield which draws players out of position. Mcgoldrick draws to deep which then fills that hole an leaves us light up top. With two pacey strikers berge carrying it out we'll create alot more an have more options for our overlaps.

That’s my point he didn’t carry the ball, well only about five strides and then he passed it about fifteen yards to someone and stood still or walked. Last week against Leeds he did carry the ball and looked great, today well, I could have done what he did.

What are these ‘overlaps’ you speak of?

Football is a very simple game. You have one striker that can come short, hold the ball and win things aerially and one that can stretch the game. The only revolution in this is the false nine formation, but you need a team of extremely technical players to pull it off. Man City couldn't pull it off with Sterling as the "false nine" yesterday, but Pep could with Messi. Any variation of three up up top has pace at the sides. United looked their best when Moose was in the team first half of last season, and have looked a hell of a lot better when Burke has been in the team this. The balance of the team is better. You simply have to have a threat in the channels and over the top or teams at this level will simply step up the pitch 5-10 yards and congest the passing lanes. The sub was a rare tactical error from Wilder unless a) Burke was blowing or B) he was injured. Burke's reaction to his substitution indicates it was neither. Burke also helps our pressing game which was much better today.

I always get the Glen Marnoch Islay which is normally £17.49. A Glen Marnoch distillery doesn’t actually exist, it is Aldi’s brand, and the Islay is Caol Ila at about half price.

Today was a triumph and a disaster. I was told that it is not going to be available any more (!) but they were selling it off at £16.49 - so I bought their last 6 bottles!!

After 8 competitive defeats in succession I need it!

Wow, never knew it was Caol Ila (or made by them), I've got a bottle of that in!

Wow, never knew it was Caol Ila (or made by them), I've got a bottle of that in!

It is NAS of course, but I have found it to be very consistent over the years.

I would drink Lagavulin by choice, but the Aldi Islay at less than half the price meant that I have kept Lagavulin for my birthday and Christmas!

Once I’ve drunk the last 6 from today I’ll be searching for another every day peaty now!

I'm gonna disagree respectfully, look at his head when he has the ball. Your told to look up at 6 Yr old

in fairness to him even with his head down i think his link up play is decent. Tends to find a man most the time despite chasing lost causes.

Back
Top Bottom