Bad substitution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

‘David Luiz sat back and with a wry smile, changed into his slippers and lit himself a big King Edward, as he looked across to the bench to see McBurnie coming on to replace Ollie Burke, for he knew, that for today his work was done’ ☹

😂 True story!

That's not enough to keep him on IMO
I dunno, I’d argue it cost us a goal at least. We also have no other forward to stretch a defence with Moose and Brewster unavailable. I agree he was offering little else but then again who was today?

What happened to attacking like last season? I’d rather go down with a fight than that pathetic whimper, embarrassing. When we did try going forward we rocked them back on their heels and could have made a game of it. Sitting back and parking the bus is not the blades way, poor show Wilder!

Thing that puzzles me is that when he brings Billy on ( or why even), he plays him as a left winger. He is never in the box for any chances that might occur.

It was taking Burke off that was the problem mcgoldrick doing nothing and stays on the pitch. Speed and a lad to win the ball is simple football yet we don't do it for some reason. I don't see why it's so hard to see mcburnie and Burke would benerfit off playing along side one another. Mcgoldrick is nothing but a passenger he can't score to save his life and thats the reason why we have 0 goal threat.
Agree totally re Burke, but without Didsy we are utterly abysmal in the attacking third. What a goal. And I would have written that irrespective of the brilliant goal.

One good shot from McBernie is more than Burke has offered in the last two games .

Burke offers an outlet in behind, he harries defenders and should have gotten Luiz sent off today.
Hes had a couple of threatening runs and whilst he is no Messi and feel he should be offering more threat when on the ball, he helps us win the ball back with his pressure.

Compare that to Mcburnie who ambles round like he is playing in the park, loses the ball, and has one pot shot from 25 yards.

Im going to buck the trend and say i rate mcburnie. Hes good when we go long (which i hate) but his hold up play and game on the floor is impressive. He needa to shoot more though.

Berge and McBurnie, not their fault what we payed for them but definitely not game changers . One always takes the easy option, the other has no link between his brain and his feet . Oh for a Woodward, Morris, Hodges who could beat a man. Not got one on the books at the moment.

Agree totally re Burke, but without Didsy we are utterly abysmal in the attacking third. What a goal. And I would have written that irrespective of the brilliant goal.

I disagree all together its obvious off your comments you are a fan of mcgoldrick but he doesn't offer anything other than a couple of fancy touches. He is a striker that is neither a striker nor a midfielder he looks lost most of the game. We didn't have a shot first half and when ever we got upfront he was miles off play and no where to be seen. He can't keep up with the play or his movement isn't good enough to get space for a shot. He scored a good goal fair enough but that was after the game was finished. Burke was punning there defence back once he come off they knew there was no pace upfront and the defence then pushed up to midfield because they had nothing to worry about. Burke should have stopped on.

Berge and McBurnie, not their fault what we payed for them but definitely not game changers . One always takes the easy option, the other has no link between his brain and his feet . Oh for a Woodward, Morris, Hodges who could beat a man. Not got one on the books at the moment.

Berge can be but we're wasting him in the middle.

I know that's why we signed him, but by a stroke of luck he found himself on the right and I think that could be his perfect position, allows him to use his strength, passing range, and vision to create chances.

I watched him for Norway as a CDM and thought he was unspectacular too.

Have to get Norwood back in and let Sander play on the right.

I know Didz scored but he should have gone off not Burke. We took all the pace off in Osborn and Burke, the defence never had a chance.

I've always been a big fan of mcburnies but this season he looks like he did at the start of last season, just ambling round like he's coming back.from injury in an u23 game

Wilder has fucked us bringing mcburnie on. Gives us no outlet to stretch arsenal which invites them on to us. Mcburnie I'm not blaming for the goal but him coming on has changed the whole shape and completion of the team/game hence we concede.
I don't think it's the totally obviously worst substitution ever made in a football match ever, Man City did that about 20 to 30 years ago. George Weah cousin or brother or something. At least they took him off

So this has to be the least contested thread that I have ever read on here. Does anybody on here think that taking Burke off was the right decision?

I was so disgusted that I walked out and down to Aldi to get a bottle of Scotch.

Now that was a good decision!

Which one did you get?, I have had a couple of theirs (Highland and Speyside I think) not bad for cheap, single malts.

Can't understand the burke love, to run you bollocks off is a given he has not threatened a goal in three games I really hope he finds skill and a goal threat to go along with his work ethic . I put him behind Sharp Mcbernie and Mcgoldrick he also not surprisingly looked tired when he came off .

Burke really put a shift in today, harrying, hassling and getting in the face of the Arsenal defence, non-stop. Mcburnie looked lethargic from the off.

Wilder’s biggest fault is his stubbornness. I reckon there are four players starting who aren’t good enough, but he’s going to persist with them to try and prove a point.
100% - it was the same when he refused to play Duffy and Sharp when our form fell off a cliff, second half of our first year back in the Championship. The more exasperated we became they weren’t playing, the more he stubborn he became. I think the same thing is happening with Lunny. Most others would drop him, but I’ll show them...

When you have pace up front with Burke and Brewster you need the passing range of Ollie Norwood in CDM, Berge was too cautious today, played safe short predictable passes that someone from the academy could have come on and done.

When he plays he’s got to be more dynamic, carry the ball, cause a bit of uncertainty amongst the opposition, draw players out of position and create space for others to exploit. Today was more like a game of chess than a game of football and about as interesting to watch, tbh? The Berge who played against Leeds, was not the Berge I watched today

Last years success was built on an original but unconventional approach, using fast paced overloads and catching the opposition off guard. Now our style of play seems to be almost identical to every other team in the Premiership and so the quality in each respective squad has a far greater influence on the final result.

Wilder has fucked us bringing mcburnie on. Gives us no outlet to stretch arsenal which invites them on to us. Mcburnie I'm not blaming for the goal but him coming on has changed the whole shape and completion of the team/game hence we concede.
One of our best players at the end of last season, surprised he’s to blame

Slightly less abysmal...

100% - it was the same when he refused to play Duffy and Sharp when our form fell off a cliff, second half of our first year back in the Championship. The more exasperated we became they weren’t playing, the more he stubborn he became. I think the same thing is happening with Lunny. Most others would drop him, but I’ll show them...
One of Wilders biggest strengths is his ability to not panic, trust the system and not let bad results always drive his decisions

he knows when to adapt too and he will

One of Wilders biggest strengths is his ability to not panic, trust the system and not let bad results always drive his decisions

he knows when to adapt too and he will
Well today he failed

Im going to buck the trend and say i rate mcburnie. Hes good when we go long (which i hate) but his hold up play and game on the floor is impressive. He needa to shoot more though.
I'm gonna disagree respectfully, look at his head when he has the ball. Your told to look up at 6 Yr old

Back
Top Bottom