Bad substitution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RecordBreakers

Reaction score
Wilder has fucked us bringing mcburnie on. Gives us no outlet to stretch arsenal which invites them on to us. Mcburnie I'm not blaming for the goal but him coming on has changed the whole shape and completion of the team/game hence we concede.

It was taking Burke off that was the problem mcgoldrick doing nothing and stays on the pitch. Speed and a lad to win the ball is simple football yet we don't do it for some reason. I don't see why it's so hard to see mcburnie and Burke would benerfit off playing along side one another. Mcgoldrick is nothing but a passenger he can't score to save his life and thats the reason why we have 0 goal threat.

Yes because when Burke he stretches the game mcburnie comes on we have nobody to stretch the game an become very narrow thats why they've just scored to quick goals weve gone to narrow. Im not blaming mcburnie its wilders fault plain an simple, bad bad sub decisions.

Wilder has fucked us bringing mcburnie on. Gives us no outlet to stretch arsenal which invites them on to us. Mcburnie I'm not blaming for the goal but him coming on has changed the whole shape and completion of the team/game hence we concede.
This. Absolutely this.

Burke slightly less cheesed off then me for getting hooked !!

UTB

We are, and have been.for years, a painfully slow side. Especially in this company; all top flight teams have power and pace.

And I think Wilder is aware of it given how often he mentions it in interviews. The problem is that what little bit of it we have in the squad, we don't put it on the pitch or leave it on the pitch.

Simple to see Mcgoldrick should have come off for mcburnie let mcburnie knock balls on for Burke to run onto and then get into the box its really not that hard. Wilders subs and lineups have been questionable this season simply put.

It was taking Burke off that was the problem mcgoldrick doing nothing and stays on the pitch. Speed and a lad to win the ball is simple football yet we don't do it for some reason. I don't see why it's so hard to see mcburnie and Burke would benerfit off playing along side one another. Mcgoldrick is nothing but a passenger he can't score to save his life and thats the reason why we have 0 goal threat.
Lovely player if your score for fun, Burke put one across mcgoldrick still stood on halfway line

We are, and have been.for years, a painfully slow side. Especially in this company; all top flight teams have power and pace.

And I think Wilder is aware of it given how often he mentions it in interviews. The problem is that what little bit of it we have in the squad, we don't put it on the pitch or leave it on the pitch.
If hes aware then why take Burke an Osborne off?

Lovely player if your score for fun, Burke put one across mcgoldrick still stood on halfway line

Lovely player in lower leagues where he can pull the strings. Not good enough to pull the strings in the Prem and no goal threat at all his finishing is probably the worst at the club i'd put money on him to miss a one on one not score it and that's the problem. You can afford to carry bad finishers in the prem and that's what we are doing. Mcgoldrick must have some thing over wilder. No way he should still be on this pitch and while I type this we make another sub and its bash that's dragged off and mcgoldrick is still on the pitch.

Wilder’s biggest fault is his stubbornness. I reckon there are four players starting who aren’t good enough, but he’s going to persist with them to try and prove a point.

Well, quite. And this is why many of us believe that substitutions are Wilder's Achilles heel.
True, brings Billy on yo give it the BIG "I'll always go for it" so why make the fuck ups with subs earlier?? Baffling

I shouted "No" at the screen when I saw it was Burke being pulled off. He gave us an outlet and stretched the game in our favour when the ball was played to him. Once he'd gone, it allowed Arsenal to relax at the back (as they werent going to get stretched) and low and behold a few minutes later they scored.

Poor decision from Chris.

Bringing McBurnie on is always a worry. Doesn't even break a sweat half of the time. Looks lazy, is lazy. Not a fan. I'd have kept Burke on, thought he was doing fine, no idea why Wilder made that change, at that time.

So this has to be the least contested thread that I have ever read on here. Does anybody on here think that taking Burke off was the right decision?

I was so disgusted that I walked out and down to Aldi to get a bottle of Scotch.

Now that was a good decision!

I wouldn't have taken burke off but get why Mcgoldrick stayed on. Especially once sharp was also on. His creative play is our main outlet.

Back
Top Bottom