Away 3rd August

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only doubt I have is they have a match booked in on the 3rd against Troyes no stadium as been confirmed for that one so I’m assuming that will be their u21 squad

I have my route to Reims squared away, will have to re-think options for Le Havre.

The Carrier Bag Firm are an experienced International Pan European mob. We've been on holiday to Reims three times & done all the learn about Champagne, go down a cellar, question whether electronic riddling is the way forward & pile in to the Product.
Reims is not pronounced Reams, nor Reems, it is pronounced just how the new French fella said it.

The Carrier Bag Firm are an experienced International Pan European mob. We've been on holiday to Reims three times & done all the learn about Champagne, go down a cellar, question whether electronic riddling is the way forward & pile in to the Product.
Reims is not pronounced Reams, nor Reems, it is pronounced just how the new French fella said it.

When I've heard locals pronounce it, it sounds like 'ramps' to my uneducated northern lugs.

Another European Cup finalist to add to the list of clubs.

That's today's topical quiz question, with no prizes I may add!

How many European Cup / Cup Winners Cup / UEFA Cup finalists have Sheffield United played?

I have just been informed by the CBF...

In other news, I say Paris rather than Paree. That's just how I've decided to live my life.

People who try to use the local prononciation for cities are a bit pretentious in my opinion. Most European cities have perfectly good British names. Milano is Milan, Fiorenze is Florence, and Munchen is Munich. Cote de Ivoire is Ivory Coast. The British pronounce the "c" in Barcelona as an "s", not a sound that implies you are about to gob on the pavement.

The worst is Copenhagen. People try to be clever by pronouncing it "Kopenhaagen" - but that's the German pronounciation, not the Danish one.

The OP seems to be saying we're playing at. Stade de Reims rather than against Reims themselves...

Edit: or maybe not. Didn't realise the team were actually called Stade de Reims...

Last edited:
bugger, I have my route all planned from Lake Garda to Pisa, which RC confirmed 2 weeks ago......

Back
Top Bottom