Att Sean Thornton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just didn't see the point of a new thread for something that could've been dealt with either with a PM or with a reminder on the original thread.

I and others use this forum a lot and like many others use the 'New Posts' function, seems that there are lots of unnecessary threads (see forum rules) which could either be in another thread or handled elsewhere.

So why kick up a fuss? Not sure i have, i've asked what the point was.

What do i gain? Hopefully a cleaner and better forum.

As for your bet, i have no interest in it.

Hope that helps ;)

Do you also enjoy watching paint dry and reading 50 year old cricket almanacs?

The forum used to be loads better before this forum police shite. Massive threads are lame and more difficult to get an overview of than even the most crowded threads page.

Do you also enjoy watching paint dry and reading 50 year old cricket almanacs?

The forum used to be loads better before this forum police shite. Massive threads are lame and more difficult to get an overview of than even the most crowded threads page.
Not strictly true. If people follow the rules rather than starting threads like there’s no tomorrow, as per the instructions of the people who actually run this place, then it’s generally a smoother process. I get what you mean about massive threads to a certain extent, but it’s had years of being run exceptionally well and most posters stick to the rules. Multiple threads on the same subject are, frankly, a right pain in the arse, plus they get lumped together by the admins anyway.

Not strictly true. If people follow the rules rather than starting threads like there’s no tomorrow, as per the instructions of the people who actually run this place, then it’s generally a smoother process. I get what you mean about massive threads to a certain extent, but it’s had years of being run exceptionally well and most posters stick to the rules. Multiple threads on the same subject are, frankly, a right pain in the arse, plus they get lumped together by the admins anyway.

That doesn’t mean it’s open season on anyone that might start a thread deemed unnecessary though.

I once offered a £10 bet to the butcher that he couldn't reach the meats on the top shelf. He refused, saying that the steaks were too high.

I've got no beef with that but if the butcher had longer arms, he'd have made mincemeat of you.

A rare joke, so well done!

Last edited:
Maybe he's out at his second job at D-TAXI??

Whilst I get your point, it does seem in recent weeks that those complaining of ‘unnecessary threads’ are themselves guilty of spamming said threads with unnecessary posts. And those that are doing it most often (not you) are doing it in a twatish way more often than not. In my humble opinion of course.
Absolutely spot on they just want to pick a fight

Koz.

Certain folks have great difficulty accepting when yours truly calls it right.

Again.

UTB

Not at all mate, two men called it, one won, and now a few pennies go to a really worthwhile cause, jobs a good 'un.

Oh, and we all benefit, cos Billy fired us back to Prem. And Leon's still very much valued around these parts. Happy times.

Has there been no reply?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom