Atleast it's the Euros next summer!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Programs 1 quid", doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Seems a decent way to spend Sunday. Check out some decent football for next to nowt.

There is a cup final double header at the Lane on Sunday, wit the Meadowhall & Bud Evans Sheffield District Sunday Football League holding two games on the hallowed turf.

The first is at 11am, the U18s League Cup Final between Hallam Wisewood Black and Sheffield FC Black, a continuation of the oldest inter-club fixture in the world, first played in 1860.

Then at 3.30pm, the U21 League Cup Final will get underway with Nether Green taking on Eckington, with the fixture the last at this age group for both finalists before they move into open-age adult football from next season.
Admission to either or both games is pay on the gate, £5 adults and £2 concessions.

There will also be a souvenir programme available to purchase for £1.

Cmon Nether Green
I'm surprised that there isn't more Eckington support on here. Ultimately, Nether Green is a tiny district and club compared to Eckington. Where is the Blue and yellow support?

I'm surprised that there isn't more Eckington support on here. Ultimately, Nether Green is a tiny district and club compared to Eckington. Where is the Blue and yellow support?
Allus had a soft spot for the nether regions. Besides being born there :)

Ok well I'll stick up for Eckington then. I made a concerted effort to get away from what was then, a mining village full of neanderthals, but I spent a big part of my childhood there and have some fond memories. I go back occasionally and thank the Lord that I don't have to live there anymore. Nethergreen supporters should be aware, that if Nethergreen win, the Eckington supporters will bash you up. If Eckington win, the Eckington supporters will bash you up even more. And if it's a draw, the Eckington supporters will bash you up in the replay. Bashing people up is an essential pre-requisite to coming from Eckington. It is a sort of art-form. I hope they are as good at football as they are bashing people up.

Women’s World Cup in France.

I’ll be there for 3 weeks

Agree, there’s the woman’s World Cup.

I’ve noticed how the BBC and Talksport Radio are contantly trying to big up and promote women’s football.
I’m sat on the fence regards this..on one hand it’s good to promote the women but on another hand it’s grossly unfair to put so much effort into this women’s game and when other minority sports hardly ever get any publicity.

The non league seems to have more interest with bigger gates but you don’t have a special non league show on tv.
I’m always a bit uncomfortable when the media try to brainwash people into what to think and what to like.
However I suppose that’s what Sky Sports did with the men’s game.

When I was young men’s football was mainly for the working class, posh people hated it as it had a bad hooligan reputation.
Years later.....Sky have made it trendy to like football and follow a PL team, people are even willing to pay big ticket prices.

Ok well I'll stick up for Eckington then. I made a concerted effort to get away from what was then, a mining village full of neanderthals, but I spent a big part of my childhood there and have some fond memories. I go back occasionally and thank the Lord that I don't have to live there anymore. Nethergreen supporters should be aware, that if Nethergreen win, the Eckington supporters will bash you up. If Eckington win, the Eckington supporters will bash you up even more. And if it's a draw, the Eckington supporters will bash you up in the replay. Bashing people up is an essential pre-requisite to coming from Eckington. It is a sort of art-form. I hope they are as good at football as they are bashing people up.
I bet they are glad you "stuck up for them"

To be fair, I've been to Eckington many times to watch my lad play and they have been "hard but fair", which is what I expect tomorrow

Agree, there’s the woman’s World Cup.

I’ve noticed how the BBC and Talksport Radio are contantly trying to big up and promote women’s football.
I’m sat on the fence regards this..on one hand it’s good to promote the women but on another hand it’s grossly unfair to put so much effort into this women’s game and when other minority sports hardly ever get any publicity.

The non league seems to have more interest with bigger gates but you don’t have a special non league show on tv.
I’m always a bit uncomfortable when the media try to brainwash people into what to think and what to like.
However I suppose that’s what Sky Sports did with the men’s game.

When I was young men’s football was mainly for the working class, posh people hated it as it had a bad hooligan reputation.
Years later.....Sky have made it trendy to like football and follow a PL team, people are even willing to pay big ticket prices.

Good point about non-league and other minority sports. The fact that the Director of Sport at the BBC is a woman could have something to do with effort being put into the women's game?

Good point about non-league and other minority sports. The fact that the Director of Sport at the BBC is a woman could have something to do with effort being put into the women's game?
Or the favourable viewing figures last time, the fact that the BBC can’t afford much men’s football and women being 50% of their audience?

Or the favourable viewing figures last time, the fact that the BBC can’t afford much men’s football and women being 50% of their audience?

I bet there will be more women complaining that Eastenders isn't on when France v South Korea women is on bbc 1 prime time in a few weeks time than watching.

potential of Republic of Ireland v northern ireland at the Aviva stadium for place at euro 2020. what could go wrong

Back
Top Bottom