Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 17th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dele Alli has been banned for a game for taking the piss re: coronavirus, I'm surprised Grealish hasn't considering he broke lockdown and then went for a spot of drink driving.

It was also a bad racial joke too not just about the virus.

I’m like a kid at Christmas waiting for this.

Yes I know it won’t be the same not being there or even watching it in the box with nobody in the ground but it’s better than nothing at all.

Villa to huff and puff but we will take control of the game and see it out comfortably.

Score and scores 2 0 Blades, Sharp 17 Baldock 43

Attendance 0

It was also a bad racial joke too not just about the virus.

Yeah I've just read about it, I thought it was the thing from February, but it wasn't. Think he was lucky to get a 1 match ban to be honest for this one.

weather.png

Not looking promising for the outside projector

I see from the recent Premier League statement that players can "take a knee" before or during matches. So if someone is about to take a quick free kick, the opposition can go down on one knee to delay it? Sounds a bit daft to me.

I see from the recent Premier League statement that players can "take a knee" before or during matches. So if someone is about to take a quick free kick, the opposition can go down on one knee to delay it? Sounds a bit daft to me.

Does it say the game has to stop to allow them to do so?

Bit of a risky strategy if the ref blows for play to continue.

Can't wait for this , what'sapp message last night and Daughters footy training starts again next Weds at 18.00, quick reply stating Daughter needs a lift :)

Yeah its a good sign my son's coach has sent out a message saying they are going to do social distance training splitting the team into two seperate groups - back on a Sunday TBC. FA Grassroots have issued guidelines for coaches to follow.

On topic - Wed is not coming quick enough.

It's a massive game for Villa and I would expect them to come out all guns blazing. The first goal will be critical!!

Don't forget they also have mcginn back, past few days media having a melt down because he is back. Don't get how special he is. Fleck a much better player

It means for goal celebrations

I think we are going to play these, and Newcastle off the park. In any case, I am just delighted that we are back and it's fantastic that we are the first match up. Billions will be drooling over this game.

I think we are going to play these, and Newcastle off the park. In any case, I am just delighted that we are back and it's fantastic that we are the first match up. Billions will be drooling over this game.
Did Bash ever imagine that he would be watched by billions around the world?
Bloody fantastic!

I’m like a kid at Christmas waiting for this.

Yes I know it won’t be the same not being there or even watching it in the box with nobody in the ground but it’s better than nothing at all.

Villa to huff and puff but we will take control of the game and see it out comfortably.

Score and scores 2 0 Blades, Sharp 17 Baldock 43

Attendance 0
thats a point... can we do the attendance prediction thread for a cash prize? i’ll go first - 0

I'd like some advice please. I don't have Sky sports, but my son (Esteemed Forgeblade) does, so I have the chance to watch the game at his place. The problem is, over many years of watching the Blades on and off at his place on Sky, I have never seen us win. This has got beyond a joke, especially with last season's game at Villa Park. I like to think I'm not superstitious but..............
Shall I go and risk what seems like the inevitable, or not go and potentially break my Sky duck????

I'd like some advice please. I don't have Sky sports, but my son (Esteemed Forgeblade) does, so I have the chance to watch the game at his place. The problem is, over many years of watching the Blades on and off at his place on Sky, I have never seen us win. This has got beyond a joke, especially with last season's game at Villa Park. I like to think I'm not superstitious but..............
Shall I go and risk what seems like the inevitable, or not go and potentially break my Sky duck????
Don't risk it. We need to win

Family first. Meet your son for the match.
Blades win regardless.

I understand your dilemma as I too have my match day superstitions but putting my logical head on the players will have no idea if you're watching or not so whatever you decide it won't actually affect the result.

Hope this helps but if you watch and we don't win then you'll have to live with it on your conscience for ever 😂

Thanks for the advice but it's still not easy! I would like to watch it with my son - he lives by himself and hasn't had the easiest time in lockdown.
If I do this and it doesn't go how we all hope it will, I hope you'll not be too hard on me!!😊

I think the Billions from the edge of the city have already had their illustrious leader provide them with alternative entertainment mate. So we are probably going to attract only a few hundred thousand 😃

Watching.jpg

Wonder if the players will be travelling to Villa Park by coach on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning?

I've been wondering for a while who it was and I'm sure that outing yourself has come as a great relief - it must have been a heavy burden to bear . :)

My advice would be to drop a case of his favourite tipple on his doorstep about an hour before kick off then fuck off home and watch it on a live stream , whilst enjoying a FaceTime link with your son and heir .

Win / win for you , him and all your fellow Blades .

Tickets arrived, where we drinking before the game :):)

Attachments

• B08E1E97-F059-4A8A-AD36-E9013153AF6D.jpeg
    B08E1E97-F059-4A8A-AD36-E9013153AF6D.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 42

It's not you and your son mate. I used to watch all our Sky games at my mate David's house. After a spate of poor results culminating in the 3-3 at Villa i concluded it must be me watching at David's that caused it. I decided to get my priorities right and cut him completely out of my life, we've been doing OK on Sky ever since!

Unusually, David doesn't follow any domestic side but is an obsessive Scotland fan and follows the Scottish national side with more passion than any football fan I've ever met. He can't understand what I'm complaining about given the dross his side consistently serves up. He says that Fleck, Mcburnie etc are brilliant players for their domestic clubs but there's a terrible moment when they put on their Scotland shirts before an international, remember that they're Scotsmen and proceed to play like Scotsmen...

Back
Top Bottom