Aston villa becoming a pain.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dean Smith must have an enormous hard-on for Wilder....he must ache to be like Chris, act like Chris, and still he cannot grasp what makes it possible to become a top 10 team on such a relatively meagre budget?

Stop being a pale imitation of Wilder you sad impersonation of a manager.

We will know for sure when Dean Smith has started wearing an Adidas gilet regularly and is ordering crates of Peroni.

Hmm, I trying to think what happened the last time Villa apparently "snatched" our target. It was at least a week ago but I'm sure there was something around them spunking over the odds and then we land a largely comparable signing for less than half what they paid within a couple of days.

Last edited:
Dean Smith must have an enormous hard-on for Wilder....he must ache to be like Chris, act like Chris, and still he cannot grasp what makes it possible to become a top 10 team on such a relatively meagre budget?

Stop being a pale imitation of Wilder you sad impersonation of a manager.
Well it makes you wonder . I think this is the forth time in as many weeks Smith has jumped in AFTER Wilder .s interest in players has become public but never before .

Well it makes you wonder . I think this is the forth time in as many weeks Smith has jumped in AFTER Wilder .s interest in players has become public but never before .

Is Villa's owner (an American I believe) content to spend seemingly endless amounts of money to repeat last season's dire finish? Not a single ounce of originality from Smith, and even if he protests, there's coincidence (which this isn't), and then there's a complete lack of shame in stealing from others on such a regular basis.

Have they twigged on that Wilder is ace at spotting talent?
Thankfully Smith can't sign Wilder and isn't a patch on him, so no amounting of signing our targets is going to make Villa better than United.

I don't think Villa needed scouts to discover Rhian Brewster to be fair.

If Villa only look to sign players other clubs wish to buy they have no system to play to. Therefore should finish in lower or even lowest positions.
I can't be doing with Smith, surely must have been the cheap option. Terry I liked as a player, for his attitude as he had minimum skill but he ain't the brightest bulb in the room.
Surely when buying a player, in the transfer market, basic requirement must be that the player fits your system and is as skilled as present members or superior.

At least 5 Premier League clubs have been linked with Brewster, it's not like we've found some unknown gem from the lower leagues.

At least 5 Premier League clubs have been linked with Brewster, it's not like we've found some unknown gem from the lower leagues.
Or actually confirmed a real interest. Brewster on loan wasn't a fix for our gaps at the top of the pitch, he only made sense on a perm because we would develop him into what we need but that will take time.

If Villa only look to sign players other clubs wish to buy they have no system to play to. Therefore should finish in lower or even lowest positions.
I can't be doing with Smith, surely must have been the cheap option. Terry I liked as a player, for his attitude as he had minimum skill but he ain't the brightest bulb in the room.
Surely when buying a player, in the transfer market, basic requirement must be that the player fits your system and is as skilled as present members or superior.

A little clarity might help.....it's not so much that a manager, in this case Villa's manager, should pursue another club's player, but it is an altogether different proposition when, in a relatively short space of time, the reported targets of this club are then pounced on by Villa's manager so shamelessly. You might call this coincidence, but that's so far off the mark when Wilder's targets are then pursued by Smith. In other fields this would be called plagiarism, but in footballing terms this amounts to theft on a grand scale. No hard work necessary, just follow another manager's lead and you know they'll be a safe bet in terms of quality.

It might be easier, as well as cheaper, to invite Smith over to Sheffield for an afternoon where he listens to Wilder and his team, learning how to spot players and how to identify relevant talent.

A little clarity might help.....it's not so much that a manager, in this case Villa's manager, should pursue another club's player, but it is an altogether different proposition when, in a relatively short space of time, the reported targets of this club are then pounced on by Villa's manager so shamelessly. You might call this coincidence, but that's so far off the mark when Wilder's targets are then pursued by Smith. In other fields this would be called plagiarism, but in footballing terms this amounts to theft on a grand scale. No hard work necessary, just follow another manager's lead and you know they'll be a safe bet in terms of quality.

It might be easier, as well as cheaper, to invite Smith over to Sheffield for an afternoon where he listens to Wilder and his team, learning how to spot players, how to identify relevant talent, and how a Wybourn Kiss can sometimes cause offence.

Fixed that for you, Alf....😁

It might be easier, as well as cheaper, to invite Smith over to Sheffield for an afternoon where he listens to Wilder and his team, learning how to spot players and how to identify relevant talent.
I admit my last sentence should have been the first but I believe you misunderstood what I said because I don't understand what your on about. That's fact.

Last edited:
These were Villa signings last summer - all very average players.

They had to do something to address their shit performances from last season.

Considering WHO they've bought this season - there's still no guarantee, Smith and his coaches can make the new lot play any better than they did last season.

Sometimes it's the coaches not the players........we've had our fair share before CWAK

UTB

villa.JPG

Good thing I'm happy to offer corrections.....it's 'you're', your choice of word makes no sense. That's a fact too ;)
Must have made some sense for someone to correct my mistake.;)
Always willing to learn.:)

Wonder who.wilders talking about here

We’ve got a clear plan and identification of what we need and we’re still going through that process. We’re not just signing players because other people are in for them, we’re signing these players because they fit into what we are about.

Every time the Blades start looking at a player up pop those cheating bastards trying to hi jack our targets .Well these targets should remember that they should be in the Championship and not the prem.If they had not got footballs answer to Tom Daley or played by the rules they would have been down just after Xmas even though they spent the same amount of money as the national debt.
It's called "Bad management", but we knew that about the cheating tossers last season.

I have just read they are about to pay up to 33 million for Watkins .33 mill for a championship player is barmy when you look at the fees being payed for proven premier players this is stupid.It is not sour grapes this is just idiotic.Now other clubs will be paying 10 mill for div 1 players at this rate.Will love to see them fall flat on their face like last year .

so far AV just added Cash as significant, lots of talk little action so far.

Gone to thrill her.

Bra-fucking-vo 👏🏻

This, absolutely this. It's the shameless nature of it all. It's like they don't know what they're doing and can't spot a good player, so they use someone else's expertise and unashamedly throw their chequebook at it.

These were Villa signings last summer - all very average players.

They had to do something to address their shit performances from last season.

Considering WHO they've bought this season - there's still no guarantee, Smith and his coaches can make the new lot play any better than they did last season.

Sometimes it's the coaches not the players........we've had our fair share before CWAK

UTB

View attachment 90852

And therein is a really good point, it shows that they really, really can't spot a player. They sign dross and spend A LOT in the process of doing so. The majority of that list were ineffective to average in a side that some how stayed up.

Van Aken......

That name will always remind me of......................

"Well, Duffy has got there for Sheffield United - Inside and Outside he goes - That's a stunning goal - How on earth did he manage that - extraordinary stuff - Well that's how to answer back, and then some"

Those words need preserving on a poster/montage at the new training ground building on the wall when players walk in -That moment has quite possibly changed Sheffield football for hopefully a long long time.

UTB

That name will always remind me of......................

"Well, Duffy has got there for Sheffield United - Inside and Outside he goes - That's a stunning goal - How on earth did he manage that - extraordinary stuff - Well that's how to answer back, and then some"

Those words need preserving on a poster/montage at the new training ground building on the wall when players walk in -That moment has quite possibly changed Sheffield football for hopefully a long long time.

UTB
It seemed to have been his Don Givens moment as he never recovered from having been turned inside out by Duffy and went on a season long loan. However now back in the Pork squad.

Back
Top Bottom