Assombalonga and Braitwaite ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought Derby were up against FFP and they signed all my bleeding targets pre season.

A lot of our fans are still thinking OLD school when it comes to todays football.

Clubs are now into the third year of the new FFP rules and this JTW is an opportunity to straighten their books in terms of expenditure and wages - or the chairmen have to convert this expenditure into equity in the clubs.

There could be numerous players dumped and bargains to be had - CW said 9-11 clubs were up against FFP at start of season, so some are going to have to resolve that situation.

I keep hearing the piggies saying that Reach is on his way in the JTW for £15m - well, he's only on his way if some daft, idiotic chairman agrees to pay £15m when they know the pigs are up against FFP. What is he going to be worth at season end when the pigs are in effect fucked as said Chansiri. Anyway, since his outbursts of generally fluky (sorry, sensational) goals he's settled into the mediocrity that he actually is. Same applies to the forest fairy - hardly pulled up many trees in the past couple of seasons. Some might say injuries, buying clubs will want some sort of guarantees he isn't semi crocked.

UTB

Surely the rules are about adjusted losses over a three year period. Transferring loans to equity won't affect that at all.

I'd have him for 5m. Who do people think we r going to get for that kind of.money ? Obviously he'd be a risk but he's got the pace and unpredictability we need up front.

He's got s.proven pedigree at this level and although he not pulled up any trees this season what striker does under Pullis ?
Have you got 5m?

A lot of our fans are still thinking OLD school when it comes to todays football.

Clubs are now into the third year of the new FFP rules and this JTW is an opportunity to straighten their books in terms of expenditure and wages - or the chairmen have to convert this expenditure into equity in the clubs.

There could be numerous players dumped and bargains to be had - CW said 9-11 clubs were up against FFP at start of season, so some are going to have to resolve that situation.

I keep hearing the piggies saying that Reach is on his way in the JTW for £15m - well, he's only on his way if some daft, idiotic chairman agrees to pay £15m when they know the pigs are up against FFP. What is he going to be worth at season end when the pigs are in effect fucked as said Chansiri. Anyway, since his outbursts of generally fluky (sorry, sensational) goals he's settled into the mediocrity that he actually is. Same applies to the forest fairy - hardly pulled up many trees in the past couple of seasons. Some might say injuries, buying clubs will want some sort of guarantees he isn't semi crocked.

UTB

Old Fernando is injured again and out for 6-8 weeks apparently, so they will be lucky to sell him in January.

Boro want Braithwaite out, player also wants out. If that’s the case not sure about Brit.

Have you got 5m?
What do you think...but then again I don't own the club do I ? If you think 5m is a lot in championship terms these days you want to get out the house a bit more often. I suppose you think Father Christmas is going to bring Wilder a proven striker for 2m all nicely wrapped up with a bow on his head ?

This window is absolutely crucial, the board either backs Wilder with the Brooks money that Wilder says hasnt been touched or they accept McGoldrick will continue to convert one in five chances and risk losing Wilder in the summer

What do you think...but then again I don't own the club do I ? If you think 5m is a lot in championship terms these days you want to get out the house a bit more often. I suppose you think Father Christmas is going to bring Wilder a proven striker for 2m all nicely wrapped up with a bow on his head ?

This window is absolutely crucial, the board either backs Wilder with the Brooks money that Wilder says hasnt been touched or they accept McGoldrick will continue to convert one in five chances and risk losing Wilder in the summer
Do you need the Dentist.
And yes after being ill I need to get out of the house more.

16 goals for a shite Boro side. He could've got 25+ in our style.

Can he make the step up?
Was thinking that, if he can score that many for Boro whilst being out of favor then he’s clearly a good player. I wouldn’t pay anywhere near the 15m though. If they wanted him off the books last year they will be desperate this season without the parachute payments.

16 goals for a shite Boro side. He could've got 25+ in our style.

Can he make the step up?

Is Pulis staying?

Depends whether their Chairman Gibson sticks with Pulis - 49 goals scored in 46 games - boring boring football.

As for the player - a new manager wouldn't want to immediately ditch their leading scorer.

UTB

Is Pulis staying?

Depends whether their Chairman Gibson sticks with Pulis - 49 goals scored in 46 games - boring boring football.

As for the player - a new manager wouldn't want to immediately ditch their leading scorer.

UTB
but when a premier league big boy comes knocking, you can't say no..

but when a premier league big boy comes knocking, you can't say no..

BIG BOYS - love it ;)

point taken, but what would he cost? Boro paid £15m 2 years ago and they would want a big chunk of that back, especially as we have SKY money.

What do we have to spend? Our release list suggests 8,9,10 players coming in? Collectively they aren't going to be cheap to put a PL squad (shaping!) together. If we have any expensive signings, they have to be in the staring line up come August.

It's going to be a long summer, but also an interesting one seeing how CW/AK want to shape the new squad.

UTB

Wouldn't surprise me if we went for him but I wouldn't expect us to pay huge money - nothing close to what Boro paid.

He does have the attributes for PL level. He's fast and powerful, can receive the ball well with his back to goal and spin in behind defences, making good runs and making his own chances.

But he really has to be more clinical. Even in that legendary defensive Boro team he should have had at least 20 goals.

Probably just lazy end of season journalism....we were linked in January and it's probably nothing more than that!

We said we wanted pace... I'd be happy with this. Him and McBurnie and we'll have allsorts of different attributes in the armory.

I think Maupay and Adams might be a bit too much for us with the amount of money we have to spent along with how much we actually have to do.

This is my worry. Strikers cost a lot of money.

Waghorn, Bamford etc. How much did they leave for last summer? Jordan Rhodes cost 10m ffs.

Maupay, Adams and Britt are all £12m minimum

I share your concern - Champ clubs are not going to gift us players at stupidly low prices.

If we end up with average, we'll play poorly and struggle. Wolves had quality where they needed it, we aren't going up with that type of quality nor have access to Jorge Mendes, but we still need to find some of it from somewhere and within our budget.

Forwards are a gamble. I'd go and try and buy Bowen at Hull. He can play just off the front, but he can create goals himself and has pace. 12 months on his contract left but only 22 so fits CW's criteria and we can add value to Bowen as he would start most games for me.

What I am impressed with at United now, is we keep ALL our cards very close to our chest - we might be putting up smoke and mirrors whilst doing deals now for players that we didn't know are available.

On a slightly different way - Norwich were interested in Hendo last season - we also have to make sure we are not out-trumped by other clubs who may be interested. That would be a disaster to lose the GK we are all expecting to bring in on loan again.

UTB

The good thing about our "budget" which is rumoured to be £30m is that Steve Bettis said that that isn't a fixed limit, they can adjust if need be

Assomablonga 15m biggest waste of money ive seen in a transfer in long time. doubt theyd take a 1/3rd of it & he hardly been pulling up trees. Last season he was outscored by Leon Clarke & Ryan sessesgon who started the season as a left back. This season billy Sharp has double his total god sake even lucas jauo has more goals

Avoid this overrated flop by all costs

wow I was really vehemently against him then :D

now well he would be like every other player if wilder wants him. he has my full support but Middlesboro cost 15m & 15m no but 6m maybe. as we wouldnt be buying proven it would be purely buying potential

Not for me.
He’s been shit in the championship do not a gamble I want going into a very tough season one level higher.

Assombalonga rumours are picking up a lot of pace this morning.

It would make a lot of sense, if we can avoid getting ripped off. He'll want to test himself, but isn't proven. He'll be a younger one to continue to improve (at 26), he'll be hungry.

He's British, strong, fast, eye for goal, would suit our system, can hold up the ball well, and can run in behind - and isn't going up with his current side.

Back
Top Bottom