Assombalonga and Braitwaite ?

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill' started by blademark, Dec 5, 2018.

to hide all adverts

1. YES Blade

YES Blade Well-Known Member

If he was scoring goals:

1. He’d be worth £15m still and be out our price range.
    2. Boro wouldn’t even consider selling him.

We might splash out £5m-£7m on a striker. For that money you don’t get proven Championship quality, so it’s more about identifying players with ability, potential and will improve under Wilder and our system.

FriethBlade likes this.

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. JackSUFC

JackSUFC Member

3. Blade56

Blade56 It's an agenda not an opinion

Good point, he might want some

sheff_blade90, The Crab and Ricky like this.
  4. WisewBlade89

WisewBlade89 Member

5ish mill and if he stays fit he’d be a bargain and would guarantee 20 goals a season . He’s got everything we want pace power goals :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    It’ll never happen tho cause blades :(

5. From the pig end

From the pig end Well-Known Member

Anyone know what kind of wages he's on?
    You'd think a £15m signing would demand around £30-£40k a week.

6. Ricky

Ricky .

Will be in that region.

We were apparently willing to pay Hogan's 35k p/w though, so I imagine any deal for Assombalonga would be on a similar loan basis. I think we'd have to pay a sizeable fee as well though.

7. sheff_blade90

sheff_blade90 Well-Known Member

YES BladeYES Blade you make some good points & it all about hopefully improving. but we shouldn't be taking risks with that amount of money.

but I said it then & proved to be correct he was never worth 15m. it was only Middlesbrough desperation that sold it for that. as it was basically forest saying he isnt for sale so forget it. Middlesborough asking how much & forest as joke never expecting them it to be taken seriously threw out 15m. Middlesbrough surprised everyone by saying yes

8. From the pig end

I know what the fans expect and want has sod all to do with it but I've just looked on their forum, they want to sell rather than loan and the figure they are expecting still is quite frankly ridiculous.
    If it comes down to wages, or even just a loan fee we will obviously just get gazumped by at least 4 or 5 clubs.

9. Fulwood Blade

Fulwood Blade Well-Known Member

A lot of our fans are still thinking OLD school when it comes to todays football.

Clubs are now into the third year of the new FFP rules and this JTW is an opportunity to straighten their books in terms of expenditure and wages - or the chairmen have to convert this expenditure into equity in the clubs.

There could be numerous players dumped and bargains to be had - CW said 9-11 clubs were up against FFP at start of season, so some are going to have to resolve that situation.

I keep hearing the piggies saying that Reach is on his way in the JTW for £15m - well, he's only on his way if some daft, idiotic chairman agrees to pay £15m when they know the pigs are up against FFP. What is he going to be worth at season end when the pigs are in effect fucked as said Chansiri. Anyway, since his outbursts of generally fluky (sorry, sensational) goals he's settled into the mediocrity that he actually is. Same applies to the forest fairy - hardly pulled up many trees in the past couple of seasons. Some might say injuries, buying clubs will want some sort of guarantees he isn't semi crocked.

UTB

10. Mouth of the South

Mouth of the South Active Member

You make a good point FB but Utd's business in the JTW will equally depend on how much is made available to CW. Given the ongoing legal battle between the owners, it certainly won't be a fortune. It will also be dependent on how much of the season's budget remains and what the proportion of the Brooks proceeds (or more accurately, the borrowing against them) aren't going to cover the club's operating costs (losses). That is unless additional funds will be generated by selling one of the bigger assets (e.g. JOC).

A total stab in the dark with certainly no ITK knowledge underpinning it, but I'd imagine CW will have £2-3m to spend. Fingers crossed it will be more as I don't think that will be enough to give the squad the boost it needs to give it any more than a chance of making the play-offs

Darthblade likes this.
  11. From the pig end

I thought Derby were up against FFP and they signed all my bleeding targets pre season.

12. Sean Thornton

Sean Thornton Well-Known Member

Surely the rules are about adjusted losses over a three year period. Transferring loans to equity won't affect that at all.

13. boo radley

boo radley Well-Known Member

Have you got 5m?

14. Broomhall Blade

Broomhall Blade Active Member

Old Fernando is injured again and out for 6-8 weeks apparently, so they will be lucky to sell him in January.

15. Gin&Juice

Gin&Juice Member

Boro want Braithwaite out, player also wants out. If that’s the case not sure about Brit.

16. FriethBlade

FriethBlade Active Member

What do you think...but then again I don't own the club do I ? If you think 5m is a lot in championship terms these days you want to get out the house a bit more often. I suppose you think Father Christmas is going to bring Wilder a proven striker for 2m all nicely wrapped up with a bow on his head ?

This window is absolutely crucial, the board either backs Wilder with the Brooks money that Wilder says hasnt been touched or they accept McGoldrick will continue to convert one in five chances and risk losing Wilder in the summer

17. boo radley

boo radley Well-Known Member

Do you need the Dentist.
    And yes after being ill I need to get out of the house more.