CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale returns to the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is a fairly logical move, depending on the fee involved.

No way is Ramsdale worth anything near £22m..... he's a decent keeper granted but if being relegated in a side that shipped 65 goals puts a £22m price tag on your head the world is officially fucked.

£10m tops IMO with a decent sell on clause and an extra couple of million if he is capped for England whilst playing for us.....in fact, chuck Bournemouth £25m for Rambo and Brooks and they have got a fantastic deal...

He's going to be around £15m idve thought, apparently we've also bid that for an unproven in the prem Turkish keeper too!?? And look at Verrips, he was a good keeper in Belgium, can't even make our bench.........I know which I'd rather have.

We’ll have a ‘discount’ of sorts with Ramsdale though, the sell on fee from when we sold him.

I'm pretty sure I read we had a 20% sell-on fee. So if the figure The Sun gives (15x what Bournemouth paid for him), with the discount we'd be paying £12 million. I imagine that's around the amount we're looking to spend on a keeper if we need to replace Henderson. FWIW, easy to lob criticism at The Sun but Tom Barclay (the journo) is a decent writer and fairly well-sourced on the south coast, so there's likely some truth to this.

Reactions: CW7
I'm pretty sure I read we had a 20% sell-on fee. So if the figure The Sun gives (15x what Bournemouth paid for him), with the discount we'd be paying £12 million. I imagine that's around the amount we're looking to spend on a keeper if we need to replace Henderson. FWIW, easy to lob criticism at The Sun but Tom Barclay (the journo) is a decent writer and fairly well-sourced on the south coast, so there's likely some truth to this.
Yep, we would

Can still see, as clear as a bell, the bollock he dropped at the Lane in first half injury time. We were 1-0 down and he was responsible for gifting us Billy’s equaliser. God knows what would have happened if he hadn’t been such a show off, especially after how they’d time wasted and feigned injury from minute one!

I am not convinced by Ramsdale. No doubt he is young and will get better, but every game I have watched he has been a bit of a train wreck.

It would be interesting to understand the influence of our GK coaches on Hendo and can they develop a Ramsdale to be better in areas like decision making.

I wonder if we would be talking about Ramsdale if he wasn't one of our own?

He was probably Bournemouth's player of the year, they may need to sell, he's young, English and plays in a position we need to address. It's not like we're only being linked just because he used to play for us. He's also being linked with Spurs.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent keeper but I wonder if there would be the same clamor about signing him had he not been at the club previously.

Yes, I can see he's improved over recent years, will improve further, is a good age and is of course a Blade but IMHO he's nowhere near Henderson's level and would be a big downgrade if he were to sign.

Personally, I'd prefer other options if Henderson is not a viable option - Forster and Gunn being two before any international options are considered

Ramsdale has had some good games this year, and I have often read how he’s kept the score down in a few games.
Don’t think he’s great with the ball at his feet, and given we don’t trust Hendo with the ball either means he perhaps won’t be exposed to his faults as often and make the mistakes as much.
As a shot stopper he’s supposed to be excellent and though perhaps not in a par with Hendo he is also not going to command the sort of fees and wages either.
So for what he may cost us he might be a very good option....regardless of whether he’s been with us before or not.
Other positives....
1. he’s only going to get better given his age.
2. Being our player he’s an asset, opposed to Hendo who isn’t.
3. Frees a loan spot for an outfield player To make a big difference to the goal threat.
4. Knows the club, the manager, and being English and Northern will fit right back in (opposed to a foreign player and the risk that carries leaving family etc)

If we can get him it’s low risk. I am confident the coaching staff will improve him and get the best from him.

A bit more from SSN

19:05

BLADES' RAMSDALE BID REJECTED
Bournemouth
have rejected a bid in excess of £12m from Sheffield United for goalkeeper and Player of the Year Aaron Ramsdale.
The former England U21 international joined Bournemouth from the Blades three years ago for £1m and was the club’s stand-out performer despite their relegation to the Championship.
The news suggests that England keeper Dean Henderson’s stay in South Yorkshire is at an end after two successful loan spells at Bramall Lane.
Henderson is presently in negotiations over a new contract at Old Trafford but was expected to re-join Chris Wilder’s side in time for the new season.
Bournemouth believe Ramsdale is at a similar stage in his career to Jordan Pickford when he joined Everton in 2017 for an initial £25m.
Meanwhile tonight’s developments will spark a frenzy of activity from clubs keen to take Henderson on loan.

18:54

BREAKING NEWS
Bournemouth reject bid in excess of £12million from Sheffield United for goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale.

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited by this. Ramsdale has looked a bang average EPL keeper whenever I've seen him. A decent keeper but nowt special.

Quite an interesting approach that we might be able to get some of our players back due to Bournemouth getting relegated.

Back
Top Bottom