CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale returns to the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Noticeably shaky in Bournemouth’s win yesterday. One cross where he went to punch he completely missed the ball and got the player. Another soft cross he hesitated on, decided to then come for it, got nowhere near and Villa scored. By all accounts he’s had a decent season, but was a bit concerned by what looked like a lack of command of his area – no doubt he’ll have a blinder at the Lane next game.
I thought the same, but you have to consider the state of Bournemouth's defence. I wouldn't say Henderson actually commands his box but you could argue he doesn't have to when he's playing behind Bash, Egan and O'Connell.

Whilst you cant dispute that Henderson is a good keeper, I think many Premier League keepers stats would be equally impressive, if they were lucky enough to be playing behind our defence. 😉

Ideally we loan him every year until we can buy him.

If we bought him now he would be our entire budget (would still do it). But it means we wouldn’t be signing anyone Else.

If we loan him we could go and get another 1-2 players. So our squad would indeed be stronger.

Henderson has the second best save percentage in the league behind Allisson.
Ramsdale features well in that list too.

When it comes to coming and collecting Hendo doesn’t come for a lot, and I suggest that’s because the direction is to let the defenders deal with it unless it’s a clear route to claim it.
If Rammers (Wilders words) were to play for us he may look a lot less shaky.
Interesting Wilder is still in regular contact with him too...if Bournemouth go down I could see us deffo going in for him and Hendo not coming back.

Noticed Wilder was straight over to Ramsdale at FT. Obviously likes him.

I don't view Ramsdale as being even close to Henderson in quality, just don't see what some others claim to.
On that performance no, but he must be ok in others considering his reviews. Seemed weak at controlling his area however somebody else highlighted with our defence you don't necessarily need to.

On that performance no, but he must be ok in others considering his reviews. Seemed weak at controlling his area however somebody else highlighted with our defence you don't necessarily need to.

He seems far more raw and far, far less established than Hendo. Hendo is England's next no.1 IMO.

He seems far more raw and far, far less established than Hendo. Hendo is England's next no.1 IMO.
I agree, I think if we lose him we are realistically not going to have someone as good. Ramsdale is one we could work with.

I thought he was being a bit of an arse yesterday actually.

Time wasting in the first half was coming close to the joke of Angus Gunn for Norwich a couple of years back - but not quite as bad.

Granted he would've been told to do that by their staff so not really his fault but still.

He was generously applauding Dean Henderson when he made that wonder save in the second half

I agree he's a way behind Henderson - he had improved and I can see the logic in signing him over summer if Bournemouth go down but only as cover/competition for Henderson (assuming he'll return) and a more capable option for the Man Utd games. I'd be nervous going into the season with him as first choice.

Btw - a great weekend for Henderson. Pickford makes yet another howler and he has a stormer :) Was Southgate at the game?

Wilder said on the Colin Murray podcast that he texts him as he was sold on his wedding day. Obviously a connection there so I wouldn't write off an approach should they go down.

We could do a lot worse if we can't get Hendo back next year.

Think I've said on one of the other threads but if we can't get Hendo back then we're all going to have to accept that whoever we do get will be a downgrade, at least in the short term.

If Hendo goes back hes the perfect replacement. Theres a.number of pundits on the radio saying Ramsdale should be in the England squad

Henderson is hands down the best English keeper out there. If we can't get him back (I maintain there was a buy out obligation for £20m in his loan deal, read out in court) then we should go for Rammers. Similar to Deano but for me not as good (yet).

Also for those talking about wages it was said that we are paying 100% of Deano's wages during this loan spell.

Thought he looked genuinely chuffed to get a nice reception when he came over to the Kop to start the second half. Think he’s one of the ex players that comes back to watch on occasion and was definitely showing support on social media last season. Also as mentioned, he seems to have a genuine rapport with Wilder and presumably worked with Darren Ward when he was here who seems to have a great relationship with all the keepers. He’s also a young lad from up here living in Bournemouth. Now I know its a nice, affluent area, but mainly with retired codgers so its hardly party central- its not like he’s got into living the London high life. Could easily see somebody in their early 20s not settling there.

All of the above are small things, but if the stars align (Henderson doesn't come back; Bournemouth go down/sign another GK, etc) I could see this being a goer.

We all know Wilder values the character of his players and Ramsdale certainly seems to tick that box, at least.

If Hendo goes back hes the perfect replacement. Theres a.number of pundits on the radio saying Ramsdale should be in the England squad
Going back to when he was in our development ! I said then he had the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers in our history.Eddie Howe spotted him and took him for a snip when we needed the money to boost our squad.It was spent frugally by Wilder and helped us on our way,
would be nice to have him back but he wont be cheap even taking off our sell on discount.

Thought he looked genuinely chuffed to get a nice reception when he came over to the Kop to start the second half. Think he’s one of the ex players that comes back to watch on occasion and was definitely showing support on social media last season. Also as mentioned, he seems to have a genuine rapport with Wilder and presumably worked with Darren Ward when he was here who seems to have a great relationship with all the keepers. He’s also a young lad from up here living in Bournemouth. Now I know its a nice, affluent area, but mainly with retired codgers so its hardly party central- its not like he’s got into living the London high life. Could easily see somebody in their early 20s not settling there.

All of the above are small things, but if the stars align (Henderson doesn't come back; Bournemouth go down/sign another GK, etc) I could see this being a goer.

We all know Wilder values the character of his players and Ramsdale certainly seems to tick that box, at least.
Bournemouth has changed a lot over the last 20 years due to the growth of the university. It’s quite a popular destination for stag nights.

Bournemouth has changed a lot over the last 20 years due to the growth of the university. It’s quite a popular destination for stag nights.
Ah- Not been for about 25 years. I assume every single person who was there then has now died of old age, so I guess they had to replace them somehow!

Ah- Not been for about 25 years. I assume every single person who was there then has now died of old age, so I guess they had to replace them somehow!
You’re not far wrong. My mate had some old neighbours and last time I was down there he mentioned something about the old people next door. I said ‘are they still alive?’ and his answer was ‘not them, they died, this is another couple’, like it’s a conveyor belt.

Don't blame him for celebrating their goal but could've clapped south stand who applauded him at end...

He was also having quite a lot of interaction with the kop during the game, until one or two decided to start being twats with him and he stopped.
Seemed a nice kid and was genuinely touched with the reception he got.
If we can’t get Hendo and Ramsdale is available then we should look at it. It because he’s a Blade or a product of our academy but because he’s a damn good prospect and already an established Premier league keeper, and a year younger then Hendo incidentally.

Last edited:
EDIT: That should be; It's not because he's a Blade (obviously).🤪

Back
Top Bottom