Are we really going to struggle?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liverpool blade

Reaction score
I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

He who laughs last, laughs loudest and all that.

Perhaps you could point out to the thick Lancastrian twat that we still have a manager.

Theirs is currently chatting away with the Mackems, oh dear!

Coming from a Preston fan?

A team who weren't as good as us, spent very little after promotion yet survived comfortably?

I'm currently on holiday in Austria and wore my blades shirt. I met a Preston fan who basically said that we'd be relegated just after xmas!!. He said it's because we've joined the big boys league and haven't splashed the cash!!. I laughed at his opinion as he sounded just like a typical Wendy fan!!!. I told him that we have a bloody good manager who has got the best out of his players!!. Thoughts anyone?. Utb

Should have told him to get fucked. Last time they won anything it was in fucking sepia.

Must hurt them that the car crash that is Blackpool are still a bigger club than they are ;)

I'm currently on holiday on the moon. No Preston fans here...yet.
index.php

We are going up stronger than we imagined possible just 12 months ago.

Preston went up weaker than us but had a sensible, experienced manage and so have we and oh, we are a bigger club!!

Mid-table with an upturn towards the end of the season.

We've just been promoted from a league that we proved we were far too good for and dismantled many a club in there. Where's the evidence to say we'll go straight back down?

We've just been promoted from a league that we proved we were far too good for and dismantled many a club in there. Where's the evidence to say we'll go straight back down?

It seems Preston's version of Inspector Fucking Poirot has found plenty of evidence. Nice that he got a plane to Austria, most of his lot usually just point at them.

You should have got his name and address , and then had a lumpy bet with him.

You should have got his name and address , and then had a lumpy bet with him.
I'm not so sure that he had an actual address as such!!. I got the impression that he lived under a rock somewhere?. Being able to talk was a major step forward for him!!. I do feel sorry for those less fortunate than ourselves!!. Screw that!! No I fucking don't!

We have a mid table team with top 6 heart. I anticipate no problems the Championship is so Billy big bollocks now that there will always be 3 "Big Teams" who are in such dire straits that they will be the ones who go down I call a Bottom 3 of Burton,Bolton and Forest

I've never looked forward to a new season as next season.
There's only 1990 when we returned to div 1 with Bassett and 2007 when we went up to the PL with Warnock that raises a similar level of excitement and expectation. That's the reason why I've bought my first season ticket since being out of the PL.

Logic suggests we should easily stay up, probably mid table
But Wilder does seem to have the Midas touch, eveything he touches turns to gold.
Even if we reached the playoffs with Wilder I'd expect us to win.
If we had a penalty shoot out against the Germans, with Wilder in charge I'd expect us to win.

So although I expect us to finish comfortable mid table it wouldn't surprise me if we are the Huddersfield of next season and get close or even into the playoffs.

We are a club on the march
Wilder has brought back a "feel good" factor that's even bigger than what Warnock achieved.

I really feel sorry for the pessimist and the doom and gloom brigade who had to go into hiding.
Because there was virtually nothing to complain about last season, up there with the best season I've seen us play in the 40+ years I've been watching the Blades.

We didn't just win matches but we dominated and played some fantastic football.
I've never been so relaxed watching the Blades. Even when we went 1-0 down I knew we'd come back.

PS: Agree with have too many players with great potential, so we don't know 100% how they'll cope in the higher league but remember we do have a contingency fund to strengthen or buy whoever in Jan18 once Wilder knows where the weaknesses are. We'll be fine.

All I know is that we will be able to tell definitively after 1 game and if we're struggling booing, loud moaning or silence are the only possible remedies.

Oooh goody, we haven't had the opportunity for a good boo for nearly a year now! Wouldn't surprise me if half of our fans have got withdrawal symptoms.

Oooh goody, we haven't had the opportunity for a good boo for nearly a year now! Wouldn't surprise me if half of our fans have got withdrawal symptoms.
Personally, I can't wait to shout 'fucking hell Billy, tha couldn't hit a cow's arse wi' a shovel, sort it aht Wilder'.

Back
Top Bottom