Are we in line for another windfall?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
  • Sheffield United could be in line for a cash windfall if Manchester United complete a £50m move for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The Sun reports that the Red Devils are interested in signing the Everton striker after missing out on Erling Braut Haaland. Haaland has joined Borussia Dortmund in a £17.1m (BBC) deal after they met his release clause at Red Bull Salzburg.

Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer held talks with the 19-year-old and his father, Alf-Inge. Yet an agreement was not made and now they are looking at alternatives.

Calvert-Lewin is high on their wish list because he is young, English and can develop further. The 22-year-old is also in good form with ten goals in all competitions this season. He has eight Premier League strikes in his last 14 matches

Imagine missing out on the hottest striker in Europe for 17mil to sign Dominic Calvert Lewin for 50 million points. 50. Million. Points. DCL. Calvert Lewis. Dominic. DOMINIC CALVERT LEWIS. 50. Billion. Pounds. Dominatrix. Calvin. LEWIS. DLC. what the fuck.

Have to laugh at the outrageous ‘English Tax’ on players. He only started scoring goals the other month, suddenly he’s valued at £50m. Haaland who’s three years younger and has been banging them in the Champions League goes for £17m.

Why haven't manure gone for the best midfielder outside the prem, Barry bojanglesbollocknut's....

Oh hang on a mo....nurse beer please ...

That would be a ridiculous fee if it happens. He's not even a bad player. I just have no idea why Man U would spend such outrageous sums on mid-table players and then be wondering why they aren't winning trophies.

I dont know why some of out fans constantly ridicule DCL, hes got a similar amount of goals this season as Moose and McBurnie combined.

Some of us thought the 1m we sold him for was absolute peanuts at the time and I get the argument we needed the money etc but one of the good things about being in the premiership and under new ownership is the days of.giving our youngsters away are long since gone.

A number of fans were very hard on DCL during his time here.
They obviously hadn't watched him in the development teams.
Ok he didnt pull any trees up but the agility and athleticism shone through ,very niev and didnt do himself justice at lot of that was down to his immaturity and a team under Adkins that malfunctioned all season.
He's not the most gifted technically but has talent which needed time to develop,
Everton dont pay good money for a player who hasn't got potential, he's realising that now and the best of luck to him apart from when he plays against the Blades.

Tbf to DCL he came through at United at a time when everything was falling apart. He played under Wilder at Northampton and was fantastic, albeit at a lower level.

I think when someone is offering as much as Everton did for someone who is so unproven as a player I think it’s a no brainer for United to move him on. Especially as he wasn’t going to be a regular starter.

If anything his resent resurgence in form goes to prove he is a confidence player. I think Ferguson and Ancelotti have given him that over recent games and is flourishing. Marco Silva hardly seemed the type to instil confidence in a young player did he?

Personally think he’d be back to square one if he went to Man U. He’s just finally finding his scoring boots. He’d be better off having a good run until the end of the season and then see where he is.

Back
Top Bottom