Are our players good at football yet?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SteveBlade

Reaction score
Just wondering, are they any good at football yet or are we still just getting by on incredible management, momentum and effort?

Just reading a few Villa comments about them having a better squad than us, and how ours is full of League One/Championship players.

I've been watching us outplay teams consistently for a few years now, but it appears we still don't have anyone who's actually good at football.

I'm very upset about this, just imagine how good we could be if we had a few players with real Premier League pedigree, like Shane Long and Danny Welbeck.

Our players came from lower divisions.

Their players came from europe, must be better than ours.

They have always been good footballers. Now they have great management. Together makes very good footballers.

Our players came from lower divisions.

Their players came from europe, must be better than ours.

Belgian league is the best league in the world right?

Club Brugge must have loads of Champions Leagues and stuff. Oh wait.

They also have a championship team by their own standards, since the players they kept had been at that level for years, they bought Mings, El Ghazi and Hause who played in the Championship last season, Jota and Konsa same.

The only difference is the selling clubs had their pants down so they spent PL fees.

Belgian league is the best league in the world right?

Club Brugge must have loads of Champions Leagues and stuff. Oh wait.

They also have a championship team by their own standards, since the players they kept had been at that level for years, they bought Mings, El Ghazi and Hause who played in the Championship last season, Jota and Konsa same.

The only difference is the selling clubs had their pants down so they spent PL fees.
I hope this isnt a whoosh moment.

I was taking the piss.

What you have to consider is haircuts and socks. Real Premier league players spend time and big money on their hair. Southampton have some of the best haircuts in the league, so it makes perfect sense that although they're shite, they're actually far better than us.

The second one is socks. Premier league socks must cover the majority of the leg, the less thigh showing the better. Invariably our boys wear 3rd division socks, thus we can't compete in the Prem.

Our management needs to take a long hard look at what's available out there and replace our failing squad immediately.

What you have to consider is haircuts and socks. Real Premier league players spend time and big money on their hair. Southampton have some of the best haircuts in the league, so it makes perfect sense that although they're shite, they're actually far better than us.

The second one is socks. Premier league socks must cover the majority of the leg, the less thigh showing the better. Invariably our boys wear 3rd division socks, thus we can't compete in the Prem.

Our management needs to take a long hard look at what's available out there and replace our failing squad immediately.

And gloves. Our players are shit cos they don't wear them.

A lot of idiots seem to think that just because a player was only a good Championship player a year ago, they can't be a good PL player now.

A lot of idiots seem to think that just because a player was only a good Championship player a year ago, they can't be a good PL player now.

Been saying this for ages when I see fans say "their players were in League One a few seasons ago!". That doesn't mean they are League One players forever.

Look at the recent England squads and how many came from the lower leagues

Deli Ali,
James Madison
Tyrone Mings
John Stones
Kieran Trippier
Harry Maguire
Kyle Walker
Jamie Vardy
Adam Oxlade-Chamberlin
Danny Rose
Callum Wilson
Joe Gomez
Nick Pope
James Tarkowski
Tom Heaton

Nobody referres to them as lower league players

Been saying this for ages when I see fans say "their players were in League One a few seasons ago!". That doesn't mean they are League One players forever.

Look at the recent England squads and how many came from the lower leagues

Deli Ali,
James Madison
Tyrone Mings
John Stones
Kieran Trippier
Harry Maguire
Kyle Walker
Jamie Vardy
Adam Oxlade-Chamberlin
Danny Rose
Callum Wilson
Joe Gomez
Nick Pope
James Tarkowski
Tom Heaton

Nobody referres to them as lower league players
"They are lower league players" now they have!!

The Blades are challenging the Status quo where everyone blindly worships the money god and fans are as ignorant as the pudits.
I read a report in a newspaper suggesting that Bash played“an unlikely back heel”in the Villa victory so it looks like the predjudice will take some time to shift
but slowly even the biggest cockwombles are having to begrudgingly admit that we have more going for us than discipline and momentum.

There are plus sides to having a pub team though,especially when we give teams with ‘better players’ a football lesson and the managers and fans find excuses
it gives me a nice warm glow inside.
U.T.B

Sssh ! Keep the quality of our players hidden in plain sight. We don't want anyone to realize how good they are + start putting in bids. We need to pedal the myth that they are just overperforming L1 lads who aren't worth buying.

According to the bbc's own Garth Crooks we are still basic. He said this AFTER we went to 5th after beating Villa. I now admire his stubbornness.

It's also an insult to our scouting system. We identified players who were better than the level they were playing at and with the addition of good coaching, organisation and hard work they've gone out and proved it. Week in and week out for 3 and a half years.

If we had drawn names at random from a hat of League 1 journeymen we wouldn't be here now. At the same time the players not capable of making the step up have slipped down the pecking order or left (eg Jake Wright, Lafferty & Stearman). The players have been so good that it's hard to identify replacements out there who are better than what we have. In the Summer I saw a quote from Knilly saying how hard it was to get decent competition for Basham because they couldn't find anybody doing everything he does. I thought that Couttsy's injury set us back a long way. Looking at our performances just before his injury we were starting to look capable of going straight up. It took us until the next Summer before we were able to steal Norwood as his replacement and until the back end of last year to get the system up and running. This season adding Lundstram into the team, changing shape to a flat 3 saw us initially find it more difficult to create enough chances. As the weeks have gone by though we're growing into it by the game, and barring setbacks from injury we'll only continue to get better.

Just wondering, are they any good at football yet or are we still just getting by on incredible management, momentum and effort?

Just reading a few Villa comments about them having a better squad than us, and how ours is full of League One/Championship players.

I've been watching us outplay teams consistently for a few years now, but it appears we still don't have anyone who's actually good at football.

I'm very upset about this, just imagine how good we could be if we had a few players with real Premier League pedigree, like Shane Long and Danny Welbeck.
Please 😂😂

According to the bbc's own Garth Crooks we are still basic. He said this AFTER we went to 5th after beating Villa. I now admire his stubbornness.
if we’re so basic why do so many other pundits want to watch us every week?/

Exactly this, all it would take is for Southgate to select one of our players for a callup and then opposition fans would be saying that they should sign him ASAP,, even tho 10 mins before the callup they would have been saying that same player would never make their teams starting lineup.

if we’re so basic why do so many other pundits want to watch us every week?/
TBF, I saw a BBC radio 5 live video with Jenas and some other ex pro taking the piss out of Garth Crooks for his ridiculous comments.

Reactions: NAP
6th in the Premier League now, we've just beaten Chelsea 3-0, completely out playing them.

Are any of our players any good yet?

We’ve still got pundits like Souness saying, on paper, not a single player from our team would get in the Chelsea side. That means among other things he’s picking Kepa over Henderson, Christenson over Egan and Azpilicueta over Stevens. So no, still shite apparently.

Just unliked this so I could like it again. Big lols

Back
Top Bottom