Ante Budimir

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Am not suggesting they would but its hardly a problem thats been created overnight is it? Were we not the third or fourth lowest scorers last season. Surely that should have been flagged up by February. Been plenty of time to act. I'd consider it more important than the two Derby lads tbh.

Mousset has been in/out for whatever reason and McBurnie hardly been a Brian Deane has he (who scored 13 goals in his first season in the top flight).

The problem is the prince has already splashed out money for Mcburnie, Moose, Robinson, Freeman as attacking options.

1 game into last season, CWAK decided that the formation they were going to use Robinson and Freeman for was not suitable so made purchasing them completely pointless and Mcburnie and Moose aren't exactly setting the world alight.

No wonder he's reluctant to free up some more.

We've signed some quality defensive minded players over the years, but we really need to stop throwing good money after bad at bit part strikers.

Quality strikers cost more than defenders its just the way it is and we need to accept it, signing this Croatian fella stinks of desperation and further wasting of limited funds.

How old were Clarke, Wright, Duffy, Donaldson, McGoldrick, Stearman, and Jagielka when we signed them?
Yet only Didzy has been part of our premier league campaign and now is starting to become more injury prone.

Too true. Look like Brewster's not coming and we arse around looking for as 'Surralan' once said Carlos Kickaball.

The lack of bringing in forward fire power is the one thing CWAK should be answerable for, since it was plainly obvious last season that scoring goals was a problem. Not been addressed yet apart from losing £7m on a forward not up to it and 'acquiring' a replacement whose track record is not brilliant.
For the uninitiated prey tell how we have lost £7 million on a forward not up to it?

The longer the saga for the Liverpool guy goes on the more I am convinced it ain't going to happen .As said before scoring goals has been a problem for us for a long time now .We are not mega rich so I would have thought we should have concentrated on getting a goal scorer rather than the guys from Forest even though they were good value for money and i do not mean to have a dig at them,they look very good players but our main problem for months has been in the center forward position.Income has been hit with fans not being allowed so at this moment in time surely we should have sorted this issue first rather than adding more defenders to a defence that has been our main strength. Do not like to question CW management he usually ends up being right just hope he is this time.

The problem is the prince has already splashed out money for Mcburnie, Moose, Robinson, Freeman as attacking options.

1 game into last season, CWAK decided that the formation they were going to use Robinson and Freeman for was not suitable so made purchasing them completely pointless and Mcburnie and Moose aren't exactly setting the world alight.

We've signed some quality defensive minded players over the years, but we really need to stop throwing good money after bad at bit part strikers.

Quality strikers cost more than defenders its just the way it is and we need to accept it, signing this Croatian fella stinks of desperation and further wasting of limited funds.
Just read he has had six clubs in seven years wow.!!!!

Agent touting him about I reckon. He's not the type of striker we need or want, we have target men and hold up players already. He doesn't score many too and he's 29. Brewster and Balogun are examples of the type we want - young, quick, technically good and relatively skilful who can give us an injection of individual quality at the top of the pitch.

Totally agree. Looks decent but the goals he scored are from very good service, something we desperately need to improve on - particularly this season. I think McBurnie would have scored the vast majority of the goals in that clip. As you say, we need someone with raw pace and the ability to play off McBurnie or possibly McGoldrick's link play. Someone like Adam Armstrong who I've mentioned today and earlier this pre-season as many others have.

Last edited:
Yet only Didzy has been part of our premier league campaign and now is starting to become more injury prone.

But with the exception of Jags, the rest did play regularly for the level we signed them at. I think the problem is finding someone with the amount of experience at this level, equivalent to those signings with their League One or Championship experience would cost a fortune.

I don’t think Wilder is against getting older, experienced players, the problem is experienced top division players in their late 20s are probably the most expensive ones you can buy.

Resale value pales into insignificance when you compare it to the possible prize money for sustained Premier League status.

Totally agree. Looks decent but the goals he scored are from very good service, something we desperately need to improve on - particularly this season. I think McBurnie would have scored the vast majority of the goals in that clip. As you say, we need someone with raw pace and the ability to play off McBurnie or possibly McGoldrick's link play. Someone like Adam Armstrong who I've mentioned today and earlier this pre-season as many others have.
Pace is not necessary as our game is based on energy levels and so nullifies most of the risk. Its the intelligent strikers who realise they wont be scoring goals if they make a 5 overloading a wing to cross to the one remaining striker, and instinctively know where to make the space in the box. Budimir looks technically proficient and knows where to be with La Liga defences - which seems a far better credential then some 20yr old scouse championship player or an Arsenal never has been.

The Croat isn't very good, I have it on excellent authority from a Mallorca fan.

I personally think most strikers would suffer at United lately, the attacking, expansive style where chances were being created, but missed, has disappeared, and now we have a long ball up to McBurnies head that he can't do anything with other than flick it on..........to nobody.
And that's only with the one in twenty that he actually gets his head to.

Our previous attempts in the Premier League were based on this style, a style which always eventually rears it's ugly head at our club because when average players lose a bit of confidence that's all they have left.

The club can't be arsed to sign one or two players of sufficient quality, it never has, it always prefers to take the scatter gun approach of "If you buy 10 workhorses one or two of them might turn out to be average". I mean what more do they have to be

An approach that's never ended well for us.

The Croat isn't very good, I have it on excellent authority from a Mallorca fan.

I personally think most strikers would suffer at United lately, the attacking, expansive style where chances were being created, but missed, has disappeared, and now we have a long ball up to McBurnies head that he can't do anything with other than flick it on..........to nobody.
And that's only with the one in twenty that he actually gets his head to.

Our previous attempts in the Premier League were based on this style, a style which always eventually rears it's ugly head at our club because when average players lose a bit of confidence that's all they have left.

The club can't be arsed to sign one or two players of sufficient quality, it never has, it always prefers to take the scatter gun approach of "If you buy 10 workhorses one or two of them might turn out to be average". I mean what more do they have to be

An approach that's never ended well for us.
That's it JJB, keep your spirits up!

Ultimately we have to sign somebody, and we will sign somebody...quite excited to see who it's going to be. I'm hoping for a total left field signing that no one has mentioned before. Hoards of Utd fans scouring grainy YouTube footage of the Swiss second division!

That's it JJB, keep your spirits up!

Ultimately we have to sign somebody, and we will sign somebody...quite excited to see who it's going to be. I'm hoping for a total left field signing that no one has mentioned before. Hoards of Utd fans scouring grainy YouTube footage of the Swiss second division!
If we are shopping in the second division of Switzerland it has to be Andi Zeqiri for me

As you say, we need someone with raw pace and the ability to play off McBurnie or possibly McGoldrick's link play. Someone like Adam Armstrong who I've mentioned today and earlier this pre-season as many others have.
Armstrong is someone I've thought of as a good option too. Goes under the radar because he doesn't have a great goal scoring record and seems to have been around a while but he's still a young player, just 23. He fits the bill in terms of the morph of striker we need and he's an intelligent player. If he's to stay at Blackburn I reckon this will be his breakthrough season where he scores 20+ and then he's 15-20M all of a sudden. 17 goals in 27 games in all comps since the start of the year is pretty good.

He is one of about 30 players we could go for if primary targets stay out of reach

Armstrong is someone I've thought of as a good option too. Goes under the radar because he doesn't have a great goal scoring record and seems to have been around a while but he's still a young player, just 23. He fits the bill in terms of the morph of striker we need and he's an intelligent player. If he's to stay at Blackburn I reckon this will be his breakthrough season where he scores 20+ and then he's 15-20M all of a sudden. 17 goals in 27 games in all comps since the start of the year is pretty good.
I was right. 11 goals in 10 so far and will easily hit 20+. Knew it was his time.

Back
Top Bottom