Another Ched thread.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
Putting my neck on the line starting this thread as passions are split over him but let's try and focus on JUST football ability for this thread.
Can anyone actually see him being anything other than a bit part player this season? I know we've not started or seen him so far but with his injuries and recent games at the lowly Chesterfield and then a big gap in competitive football before Chesterfield I just think he's got a very long way to come to break into the starting 11 or even be a first choice sub. Hopefully he's close to peak fitness and can play a part by proving himself to Wilder like we all hope he is doing, but at this current time I can only see him coming on for 5 mins a game if he's lucky.

Does anyone genuinely think he'll be in the starting 11 within the first 10 games ?

yes, I can see it, to quote Macmillan and Wife " events dear boy, events...."

someone will get injured or sent off, Evans goes on a scoring spree as sub and can't be left out ..... ought'll happen

Think you might be right....unfortunately

Now I'm only going on evidence from certain Facebook groups but some people ACTUALLY expect him to be scoring 15+ this season, now we'd all love him or anyone to get 15+ but in the real world it's highly unlikely!

To have all that time out, then come back and be injured and then have to make a step up to a division you've never really performed in, well.

Doesn't look likely for Ched.

If Chris gets him firing it will be one of the best pieces of management ever.

Imho highly unlikely he'll be a major contributor but it's a cheap gamble.

Chezzy mate at work says he looked really good in short spells last season but didn't look capable of being a threat for even an hour. Also regularly picking up niggles.

All consistent with someone out of the game for so long really. I've always thought any success for him now would be at a lower level.

He needs time to get up to speed though and we'll see.

Well, let me remind everybody that the season he tore league 1 a new one, it took him about 10 games to get going then, remember Phillips was doing the damage before Evans stepped forward, so it's as likely he'll be ok as not.

I agree that he will be a squad player but I never saw him as either guaranteed starter or the 20+ goalscorer that some are convinced he will be. Wilder took a punt on him and it might work out, might not.

I don't see him scoring many but I have a funny feeling he is going to score a big, big goal at some point this season; a last minute winner v the Pigs or a Cup game against a big PL team, something like that.

time will tell, but to play devils advocate....
Rooney is 31 - but is on the decline as he's played the number games of someone 5 years older due to breaking into 1st team football so young. Ched in playing years is about 2-3 years younger than his age, due to time out... Could it work in his/our favour?
keepers have a longer career because of the less toll taken on the body.
let's try to be positive here, novel idea i know!

Putting my neck on the line starting this thread as passions are split over him but let's try and focus on JUST football ability for this thread.
Can anyone actually see him being anything other than a bit part player this season? I know we've not started or seen him so far but with his injuries and recent games at the lowly Chesterfield and then a big gap in competitive football before Chesterfield I just think he's got a very long way to come to break into the starting 11 or even be a first choice sub. Hopefully he's close to peak fitness and can play a part by proving himself to Wilder like we all hope he is doing, but at this current time I can only see him coming on for 5 mins a game if he's lucky.

Does anyone genuinely think he'll be in the starting 11 within the first 10 games ?
Me.

Yes.

UTB

I'm gunna wait and see. I'm sure I will have the answer for you next May.

im far from a slasher, but i just dont see him getting back to anywhere near what he was, barring catastrophic injuries i cant see him getting much game time and many more than 4 or 5 goals, but fuck i hope im wrong

Can't see Ched or any of our strikers doing a great deal at all TBH. I'm not sure any of them are Championship quality.

No I don't.

But I think he will start to feature regularly from the end of this year onwards - as long as he's fit.

He was an outstanding talent and good footballers don't become bad footballers overnight. The thing with Ched is it's been one hell of a long night and the lad is playing catch up big style.

He may never be the same. We all know it's a gamble, but it's not an expensive one and if it works out then we are in for a treat!

Or we are taking our time with him to get up to speed.

Then he'll get a place on the bench and he's strength and tenacity will really help at the end of a game.

He might even get back to full match fitness and refind his eye for goal.

Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom