Player Suggestion Angel Gomes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Young 19 year old attacking midfielder rejected contract at Man Utd! Highly rated, with a punt, now a free agent as of tomorrow?

Manchester United graduate Danny Webber said: "Gomes is still very small, but he sees the game seconds before others. Angel is like Paul Scholes; he can dictate a game with his intelligence."

Seems a good player and someone who would be within our reach. It'd also be worth it to see the spelling variations that our fans would come out with, for his name - Angle Gomez.

Angel Gnomes?

0bf3743fd2c4dde5492a0b878e753c06.jpg

Seems a good player and someone who would be within our reach. It'd also be worth it to see the spelling variations that our fans would come out with, for his name - Angle Gomez.

Whilst the difference in players wanting to sign for Utd compared to 3.5 years ago is frankly ridiculous (e.g. Chris Hussey v Sander Berge), when Chelsea are preparing a "lucrative package" I think it's safe to assume that he wouldn't be within Utd's reach, even if CW was after him. Most of Chelsea's U23s are on more than anyone at the Lane.

Whilst the difference in players wanting to sign for Utd compared to 3.5 years ago is frankly ridiculous (e.g. Chris Hussey v Sander Berge), when Chelsea are preparing a "lucrative package" I think it's safe to assume that he wouldn't be within Utd's reach, even if CW was after him. Most of Chelsea's U23s are on more than anyone at the Lane.

100% agree

I agree re Chelseas u23s wages etc. But surely he's leaving man u to play? I'm sure they've also offered him a 'lucrative' deal but he's turned it down which suggests money isn't his motivation, play time is which is fair play.

I agree re Chelseas u23s wages etc. But surely he's leaving man u to play? I'm sure they've also offered him a 'lucrative' deal but he's turned it down which suggests money isn't his motivation, play time is which is fair play.

If you're a young player struggling to get into your side's first team, I'd have thought Chelsea would have been well down your list of teams to move to in order to get game time, even if some U23s have been given a chance there recently due to their recruitment ban.
However, given CW's aversion to attacking midfielders he may well get more opportunities at Chelsea than he would if he saw the light and had an overwhelming desire to join the Blades (for less money than he's currently on).

If you're a young player struggling to get into your side's first team, I'd have thought Chelsea would have been well down your list of teams to move to in order to get game time, even if some U23s have been given a chance there recently due to their recruitment ban.
However, given CW's aversion to attacking midfielders he may well get more opportunities at Chelsea than he would if he saw the light and had an overwhelming desire to join the Blades (for less money than he's currently on).
Chelsea are well stocked in the no10 position. Mount, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Ziyech and Anjorin.

He would be better off staying at Man U than go to Chelsea.

Young 19 year old attacking midfielder rejected contract at Man Utd! Highly rated, with a punt, now a free agent as of tomorrow?

If he’s rejected a contract at Manchester, I’d presume that’s because he’s got something better already lined up. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s following the Jaden Sancho route to Germany. Either way, I’m fairly sure we’ve missed the boat.

Must be some reason he's barely played when the likes of Chong, Greenwood, McTominay, etc have had chances.

Must be some reason he's barely played when the likes of Chong, Greenwood, McTominay, etc have had chances.
Chong has 34 mins in the premier league

Greenwood has 754 mins in the premier league but Greenwood seems like he is one of the best youngsters in the world and Man U don’t have all that much depth at ST

McTominay has a lot of minutes but he is 23 so a bit unfair to compare the two.

Back
Top Bottom