Andy Hinchcliffe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sometimes the things he comes out with regarding us I'm thinking, "is he trying to get a message down to the opposition dugout?".

thought he was fair today - for an ex-Piggy I don’t mind him, insightful at times about formations and how teams set up. There are many worse. I’ve been most impressed with Souness recently. Not always listened properly what he had to say- and still think he harks back to his own career sometimes to make a point, but he usually talks sense. And was very complimentary about us particularly just before game
Although Souness calls us ‘Sheffield’, I hate it.. we aren’t Sheffield FC:. Next time I see the fucker I’m gonna tell him n all............... tell him what a great job he’s doing

He’s fine and he’s not really biased against us at all. Yes, they were banging on about that second half record, but there wasn’t much else to talk about at times.

I saw the Sky news reports from Matthew Le Tiss?. He was looking down his nose and sneering whilst reporting on the match as if to say how dare you give me this fixture.

Don't know how people can get pissed off with Neville and Carragher (and yes, Hinchcliffe) when there are absolute fuck sticks professing to be experts like Crooks, Nicol and some the dross on Talksport. The chasm in quality is huge.

Funny how you become accustomed to things isn’t it, those who watch BT v those who have Sky. For all the deserved shit McManaman got the other day I thought Hinchcliffe was 10x worse last night as we actually played well and yet he couldn’t bring himself to give us any praise at all. I was fuming in the first half when we cut them apart and nearly got McBurnie in and he just started going on about how well Coady had defended and didn’t mention our move at all.

Don't know how people can get pissed off with Neville and Carragher (and yes, Hinchcliffe) when there are absolute fuck sticks professing to be experts like Crooks, Nicol and some the dross on Talksport. The chasm in quality is huge.
Can’t believe that broadcasters still manage to think that former players make good “experts” when it depends on which one is carrying the collective brain cell that day.

Hinchcliffe was banging on about the potency of the Spurs players at every opportunity all that game, too. Look how that turned out.
Yes, he does praise us (who has any grounds not to) but you can tell in his voice that he has allegiances on the pork side when he is thinly veiling an opposition perspective that is contrary to those plucky upstarts in red and white.

Worst person on Sky is Souness by a mile. You can just tell he can’t be arsed to speak about us and learn anything about us, even the players names.

If you aren’t at the top table he isn’t interested

Worst person on Sky is Souness by a mile. You can just tell he can’t be arsed to speak about us and learn anything about us, even the players names.

You obviously haven't listened to him recently then because although he calls us "Sheffield" he has been nothing but full of praise and compliments...

Hinchcliffe was banging on about the potency of the Spurs players at every opportunity all that game, too. Look how that turned out.
Yes, he does praise us (who has any grounds not to) but you can tell in his voice that he has allegiances on the pork side when he is thinly veiling an opposition perspective that is contrary to those plucky upstarts in red and white.

Hinchcliffe is disliked by the Rusties because he went there for one last payday and achieved very little, so he may feel more for us than he does for them. I don’t feel bias against us in his commentary.

He probably doesn’t have detailed knowledge of us player by player, but he likes us. When he was doing the home game v Man U he said that if he lived in Sheffield he’d buy a season ticket to watch us, he’s said it again Several times, including last night, I’d say he’s interested.

I like him, I like his input. My favourite 'co-commentator' for watching the Blades was Clarke Carlisle.

Totally agree. Clarke Carlisle is a very intelligent guy, and speaks very well, I'd like to hear more from him.

Higginbotham is someone I really like also, but maybe I'm biased there because he used to play for us briefly of course.

I like hinchcliffe & higginbottoapus the championship commentators are generally better as there not rimming man united Liverpool constantly and realise there’s two teams in a match not just the big team

Spending the time criticizing some completely pointless commentary, instead of praising the team?

Sounds like fun.....

You’re obviously not a Yorkshireman. Being happy and cheerful is too dangerous for us, as something is probably going to go wrong!

He's alright, got a sense of humour, pretty intelligent when it comes to formations and tactics, but he's not very consistent which can lead to feelings of him being biased, for example he'll go on about people getting away with blatent fouls from one team, and then one will go the other way and he'll say there wasn't much in it.

He calls things too early too I feel, like Bash, 3 seconds into a replay where you can't see whether he was clipped from behind.

Still better than McManaman (FAO: Razor Blade - I've seen the error of my ways)

I didn't mind McManaman until football came back, he did a few Bundesliga games I think, and the Prem and cup and he just talks absolute bollocks. It's a shame because Darren Fletcher is a good commentator, but he's got a reyt load of bellends alongside him.

He's alright, got a sense of humour, pretty intelligent when it comes to formations and tactics, but he's not very consistent which can lead to feelings of him being biased, for example he'll go on about people getting away with blatent fouls from one team, and then one will go the other way and he'll say there wasn't much in it.

He calls things too early too I feel, like Bash, 3 seconds into a replay where you can't see whether he was clipped from behind.

I didn't mind McManaman until football came back, he did a few Bundesliga games I think, and the Prem and cup and he just talks absolute bollocks. It's a shame because Darren Fletcher is a good commentator, but he's got a reyt load of bellends alongside him.
'Fletch' is probably my favourite commentator

It's a shame because Darren Fletcher is a good commentator, but he's got a reyt load of bellends alongside him.
Fletch' is probably my favourite commentator

He's a Forrest fan but loves us. He does the BBC5L footie preview shown on a Friday night with Jermaine Jenas and they picked up on us back in the Championship. They have spoken admiringly about our style of play and Fletcher clearly knows his stuff. Obviously as a commentator he has to appear neutral, but a radio host he can be more opinionated and he talks well about us, albeit we only get the last 5 minutes after the usual big club love in.

H
e's a Forest fan but loves us. He does the BBC5L footie preview shown on a Friday night with Jermaine Jenas and they picked up on us back in the Championship. They have spoken admiringly about our style of play and Fletcher clearly knows his stuff. Obviously as a commentator he has to appear neutral, but a radio host he can be more opinionated and he talks well about us, albeit we only get the last 5 minutes after the usual big club love in.​
Edited for you. Who did Forrest play for?

My commentary dream team would be Peter Drury (outstanding) and Pat Nevin

I think people are too quick to assign bias to commentators when the truth is they just don't have much to say. They have a list of factoids written for them, and they get prompts about useless stats like possession in the last five minutes, and they have to find something to say about them. And some Sky producer, trying to make a 0-0 sound as exciting as possible for neutrals, is feeding them garbage about Wolves' second half record and telling them to talk about it.

That's just the state of TV in general. It's catering to the lowest common denominator and that means you don't employ people who understand stats and tactics and have interesting things to point out about how the game is developing, you keep reminding them that it's been 34 games since some player got 2 assists in an away game on a Saturday when it was raining and they've never lost when they've worn long sleeve shirts after March.

I like Darren Fletcher a lot, the problem is they always stick him with the banter lads (McManaman, Robbie Savage etc), I think because he has that slightly informal air about him himself.

I like Darren Fletcher a lot, the problem is they always stick him with the banter lads (McManaman, Robbie Savage etc), I think because he has that slightly informal air about him himself.

They should get Crouch to do it, he can have a laugh but he also speaks well and is capable of insight.

Don't think McManaman and Savage have ever said anything insightful in their lives.

Daniel Mann, the rest are crap. I used to like Tyler but I now realise he is very boring.

I knew you would have changed your opinion on McManaman, he really does talk utter nonsense. Impressive since Owen set the bar high for talking crap.

To be fair Gary Neville is always critical of Man Utd when needed. Him & Martin Tyler together are always excellent. Just saying.
Yeah i don’t dislike any of them really, it just seems more of an observation that they all get their former teams

Roy Keane is always good value on Man U, especially when teamed with Evra

I quite like him and think he likes us. I don't get where everyone is coming from?

If he hadn’t played for the other lot I don’t think anyone would really care. For me, he always seems fairly positive on us and knows a bit more of the detail than most – like exactly when Wilder switched us to 3 centre-halves in League 1.

Watch the match on Bein Sports, Arabic. It takes a while to understand when we're being belittled. 2 years ongoing and still not clearer to me. However, I don't get pissed off with the commentary/analysis. Kuwaiti_blade 😎

Worst things about beinsports...

Keys trying to be clever and...

That blonde bimbo they roll out every now and again when Keys can't be arsed. Thick as pig shit, and ugly.

Daniel Mann, the rest are crap. I used to like Tyler but I now realise he is very boring.

I knew you would have changed your opinion on McManaman, he really does talk utter nonsense. Impressive since Owen set the bar high for talking crap.

At McManaman sounds vaguely pleased to be there, unlike Michael Owen.

On that point, one of my favourite commentary duos when the World Cup rolls around is the unlikely combination of Jon Champion and Ally McCoist. Now I know straight away that they won't be everybody's cup of tea, but they're a very endearing pair. Both of them know they they won't get the big games and they make the most of it. They bring an enthusiasm that shames the bigger commentators (looking at you, Alan Green) and whats more they clearly make an effort to enjoy their surroundings and see whatever local town they end up in. During lulls in the game, they'll take us about the city Cathedral or a famous square or something. It really helps liven up South Korea Vs Ghana.

Back
Top Bottom