Andy Carroll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Our gangway steward tonight said that at the pre match stewards meeting, there was a lot of talk about the possibility of Carroll joining on loan in January.
Yes i know it sounds a bit far fetched but he was adamant that it was a real possibility. Got to take it as bull but thought i would post it just in case of.

As if tonights defeat wasn't depressing enough. I know the OP is only posting what he heard but does anyone ever swallow this shit.

Our gangway steward tonight said that at the pre match stewards meeting, there was a lot of talk about the possibility of Carroll joining on loan in January.
Yes i know it sounds a bit far fetched but he was adamant that it was a real possibility. Got to take it as bull but thought i would post it just in case of.

I've heard the same thing from a different source, though it is third hand information. Pinch of salt required as always.

Came on for the last ten against Fulham today - anyone see how he did?

Wouldn't be against it. He'd offer something different and we need to be realistic about the market we'll be shopping in.

I've been mentioning him on here and Twitter a lot as a player (or type of) that we need. Maybe that's where the rumour started.

I feel famous

If fit he'd be a great asset, but that's always the problem. Would rather someone fit who's played more than 5 games a season!

Does he pass the Wilder 'character' test?

Craig Bellamy has a lot to say about Andy Carroll's attitude:

"I wouldn't say [he was] laid-back.

He went to gym and felt stiff, then he felt that he didn't want to go to the gym anymore. Are his injuries part of that he doesn't look after himself? I felt that is always the case with Andy.

I just feel he doesn't have the mentality or drive to be a top player, to be at Chelsea levels or be at Liverpool for more than one season, and that's just what I've always felt with Andy.

I was surprised he was linked to Chelsea."

Bellamy was also critical of Carroll's game.

"His strength is in the air, he's very difficult to deal with.

But, in general play, he's very difficult to link with, he doesn't see the game.

My conversations always with Andy were... I don't believe he worked hard enough during the week to be the player he wanted to become.

I never seen an inch of that, like with Jordan Henderson. He was going through a difficult period at that time as well, but he just trained and trained and trained, he kept improving, going to the gym.

He worked, and I knew, I remember saying to him, 'You're going to be a top player. I know it, just by your attitude, and the ability you have, it will come'.

I never felt that was going to be the case with Andy."

Didn't someone say they'd seen Wilder on the train to/from London the other week? The same day as West Ham had played Cardiff?

If the attributes of the striker were going for is crocked, ex-Newcastle trouble causer, then I'd rather us go for Nile Ranger. Cost a fraction of the price & we can instill a clause meaning we can get shut if he starts being a cock womble again.

I seem to remember in Alex Ferguson's book that ManUre looked at him (way back) and the 'experts' adviced Ferguson to steer clear as he would be injury prone: something to do with his gait (the way he ran?)!

To be released by West Ham. I know he’s incredibly injury prone, but we all said this about McGoldrick. Wages may be an issue. Unplayable on his day.

Hope to God we don't go for Andy Carroll now West Ham have released him.

Absolutely a complete waste of money, he's the perfect type of player for us but he'll be sitting in the treatment room all season for whoever is desperate enough to gamble on his frail body..

Warnock at cardiff would be my bet, he's daft enough..

However, how long before he's linked to us ?

Hope to God we don't go for Andy Carroll now West Ham have released him.

Absolutely a complete waste of money, he's the perfect type of player for us but he'll be sitting in the treatment room all season for whoever is desperate enough to gamble on his frail body..

Warnock at cardiff would be my bet, he's daft enough..

However, how long before he's linked to us ?
Warnock takes him to Cardiff, we get Madine. Works for me

Back
Top Bottom