Allez Allez Allez craze

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mojo

Reaction score
So when Egan first did this it was the first time I ever heard it.

Now since then, every match I watch they are all doing it. Did Egan going viral with it start all this or were these teams already singing it?

Now since then, every match I watch they are all doing it. Did Egan going viral with it start all this or were these teams already singing it?

They are all plagiarising cnuts:)

Are you serious, loads of clubs have been singing it well before us.
It’s us that are doing the copying.

On its first airing at the players presentation Egan even says back in January he promised his wife he would sing his song if we gained promotion. He then apologises to Duffy and O’Connell for copying it from their home town club Liverpool but changes the words.

Egan isn’t a songwriter like Elton John, he’s more of a lyricist like Bernie Taupin.

Charlton are singing it but I did a bit of googling and it's on their forum in October.

Egan just picked a song that every fucker sings.

Stuntpegg on YouTube mentioned it on one of her videos that she's fed up of it because everyone does it, and that was pre-Egan version too.

She's a Napoli fan and they started doing it before Liverpool and they've been doing it for years. Think it actually started off in the Italian lower leagues.

She's a Napoli fan and they started doing it before Liverpool and they've been doing it for years. Think it actually started off in the Italian lower leagues.

Didn’t realise Stuntpeg was a Napoli fan, suppose it beats being a Bolton fan ha ha.

With the chorus being Allez, allez, allez....then surely there’s some French origin somewhere?

Obviously I'm not asking if Egan invented it he said himself he got it from an Irish team but since then I've heard it throughout every match I've watched

Didn’t realise Stuntpeg was a Napoli fan, suppose it beats being a Bolton fan ha ha.

With the chorus being Allez, allez, allez....then surely there’s some French origin somewhere?

She's half Italian or summat. She actually goes to Napoli games more than some Liverpool/Citeh fans that live in the same country go to games.

You would want a second team if you supported Bolton though yeah haha

The song is called L’Estate Sta Finendo, apparently a 1985 hit by some Italian disco pop group.

Think the Napoli version is about some siege of the town or something.

Certainly used at Cork City when I was there last season

Also witnessed Atletico sing it pre moving to 'Wanda' so < 12/18 months 'old'

Suggestion re Italian lower league seems (more than) feasible given (apparently) based on an Italian disco 'hit' !?

Regards club songs I remember our Kop in the late 70’s and early 80’s singing

You’ll never walk alone - the Liverpool song and even
Marching on together - the Leeds song.

At the time I was very young and thought the MOT song was a Sheff United original and assumed Leeds must have copied us ha ha

Just seen Charlton doing it , why does lee Boyer look like he’s in his sixties now ?

Do you ever watch cycling?

The song is complete shite, got bored of it very quickly. Its great that Egan came up with some lyrics but they fail to save a really dull song. I’m never joining in with singing the fucker.

i think it is a European song. they were singing it at Sturm Graz literally years ago

You ever bought a new car then all of a sudden seen 100s of the same model drive past you?

Give credit to Leeds and Derby, I never heard it once from Elland Road. Apologies if I missed it.

Me neither...well...not deliberately. But I am aware its origins are in cycling and they've been chanting this at the Tour De France for at least half a decade, maybe more? I know this will come as a cruel blow to aspiring football songwriters, of which we have many. But I'm sure we can find another tune to debate about?

tourdefranceyorks.jpg

No it’s been around a while, but I think it’s fair to say that it’s definitely ‘kicked on’ since our much publicised promotion celebrations. Fans seem to have picked up on it and from being a bit part song (as it was with ourselves), it’s become probably the one most commonly sung throughout the playoff games, so I can understand why you’d think it was new mate.

Made me smile that video, I’m imaging John Egan to jump on the stage and appear in it.
Sometimes when a song comes into fashion then it means big publicity and a re-release for the artist.
Maybe it can still become a top 10 hit? Sounds daft but daft things tend to happen regards the charts.

I know they’re probably about 60 now but at worse maybe they’ll get a booking at the next Blades do.

Back
Top Bottom