Player Suggestion Alexander Milosevic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

forte

Reaction score
A commanding centre-back that was instrumental for AIK in their league winning season 2018. Is out of contract and would fit in very well at the Blades imo. Is similar to Pontus Jansson at Leeds in terms of playing style, although I rate Alex a little higher due to his consistency. Good passer, strong in the tackle, very good in the air and have a decent all-round game. Have been in and around the Swedish national team in the past and had a few good seasons on loan in the German Bundesliga from Besiktas.

Basically the plan is to buy loads more players, get promoted this season then pay the fine out of the PL money.

A commanding centre-back that was instrumental for AIK in their league winning season 2018. Is out of contract and would fit in very well at the Blades imo. Is similar to Pontus Jansson at Leeds in terms of playing style, although I rate Alex a little higher due to his consistency. Good passer, strong in the tackle, very good in the air and have a decent all-round game. Have been in and around the Swedish national team in the past and had a few good seasons on loan in the German Bundesliga from Besiktas.

Is he out of contract because the Swedish season runs at a different time or has be out of contract since the summer?

If he is better than Pontus then he must be good because Jansson has been a beast this season for Leeds.

Is he out of contract because the Swedish season runs at a different time or has be out of contract since the summer?

He is way too good for the Swedish league, and I can honestly say that I rate him higher than Jansson. They are quite similar with Jansson having a better pass, but Milosevic is more allround and consistent and can play as a defensive achor on the midfield which I can't see Jansson do.

He only signed a one-year contract, although he had offers from La Liga and Ligue 1, but because Nils-Eric Johansson was forced into retirement at the start of the season he felt he needed to come back and help the club. Turned out to be a good decision.

Sad to see him sign for Wednesday, if that should happen.

Would be a good acquisition, for sure. I know centre backs might have lower priority atm, but I agree on the fact that we should be scouting players like him. He's is in a good age with top division experience from Germany and Turkey and have feature for the Swedish national team as well as winning the Euro U21 Championship in 2015.

Right footed. AIK play a 352 system where he has been deployed on the right side of those three at the back. Would certainly help the adjustment in terms of tactics, but unfortunately we don't seem to be doing a lot of scouting outside of the UK, so him and other out of contract Scandi players are probably not even on the radar of Wilder and his staff.

Well, we could need to replace O'Connell soon. And it shouldn't be set in stone that any LCB has to be left footed. If the right calibre of player is available, they shouldn't be disregarded just because they're right footed. Wolves have done well with a right footer at LCB.

If this guy is flexible enough to play in midfield, I'd imagine he could play LCB too.

Basham, Cranie and Stearman are all getting on a bit now as well. Cranie only on a short term deal. Signing someone like this on a free would hardly be unjustifiable.

Well, we could need to replace O'Connell soon. And it shouldn't be set in stone that any LCB has to be left footed. If the right calibre of player is available, they shouldn't be disregarded just because they're right footed. Wolves have done well with a right footer at LCB.

If this guy is flexible enough to play in midfield, I'd imagine he could play LCB too.

Basham, Cranie and Stearman are all getting on a bit now as well. Cranie only on a short term deal. Signing someone like this on a free would hardly be unjustifiable.

I was just going to say the same, things can change very quickly. We can go from being very strong to struggling in a position with an injury or two.

We should always be striving for better in every position and if we can get a player on a free who could potentially improve us, we should give it some serious thought.

Sign someone like this guy then get rid of Stearman.

Fuck me, how many centre backs do they need? They've signed 3 now.

It’s the only way they can combat our strike force
COYRWW

Why is he out of contract?

He signed a one-year contract due to Nils-Eric Johansson was forced into retirement. He is way too good for Allsvenskan and was never going to extend his contract beyond 2018. As I've stated before, he is similar to Pontus Jansson in terms of playing style. Will be interesting to see how he can adjust to the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom