Alan Shearer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dorset Blade

Reaction score
'They truly deserve that result'
FT: Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United

Alan Shearer
Former Newcastle and England striker on BBC One
I watched Liverpool v Norwich last night and and I know they were battered in the first half but they came back strong. It would have been easy for them to feel sorry for themselves. What we have seen with them and this afternoon with Sheffield at Bournemouth is that they are not going to go to sit back and they are going to go for it. That’s what we want. It would have been really harsh for Sheffield to leave Bournemouth without a point, they truly deserve that result.

'They truly deserve that result'
FT: Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United

Alan Shearer
Former Newcastle and England striker on BBC One
I watched Liverpool v Norwich last night and and I know they were battered in the first half but they came back strong. It would have been easy for them to feel sorry for themselves. What we have seen with them and this afternoon with Sheffield at Bournemouth is that they are not going to go to sit back and they are going to go for it. That’s what we want. It would have been really harsh for Sheffield to leave Bournemouth without a point, they truly deserve that result.
It’s Sheffield UNITED, you slapheaded Geordie twat. 😆

Me too ,it implies there is only one team in the city and undoes a bit of the damage done by the fella on football focus earlier
I watched that guy on football focus today and he told the world that we are Sheffield small club, and he was a Blade, anyone watching it.

I watched that guy on football focus today and he told the world that we are Sheffield small club, and he was a Blade, anyone watching it.

HE was called out for it on twitter.... then rather than sheepishly admit he just lost his words, he actually said he was correct.

Shearer was complimentary of us in our 2006/07 season.

Think he has soft spot for us due to his old mate Gary Speed's connections.

Fair play to him, I quite like him to be honest and he was a great servant for England. Mind you, I really couldn't stand him when we played Blackburn with him leading the line back in 1993/4! Seems a world away now!

Don't know why anyone would have an issue with him anyway, he's always fair and wants teams to do well. He'll just say if you're shit at the back, which is fair enough.

One of the best pundits about.

Don't know why anyone would have an issue with him anyway, he's always fair and wants teams to do well. He'll just say if you're shit at the back, which is fair enough.

One of the best pundits about.
I have to say he’s become very good at it. I thought he was anodyne when he started but his analysis is pretty decent these days.

I think he’s missed fans of the week being the blades. The chants of DEANO!! definitely helped with his selection in team of the week.

Selling Ramsdale for £1m is beginning to look like the worst piece of business we have ever done. Hope there’s a decent sell on clause.

It’s not. The sale was right for the time and allowed us to bring in players that helped promotion to the Championship. The same way selling DCL and Brooks was right at the time. Without selling these players we wouldn’t be in the Premier League now.

It’s not. The sale was right for the time and allowed us to bring in players that helped promotion to the Championship. The same way selling DCL and Brooks was right at the time. Without selling these players we wouldn’t be in the Premier League now.
Had no problem with the sales of Brooks & Adams but DCL & Ramsdale went far too cheaply.

Selling Ramsdale for £1m is beginning to look like the worst piece of business we have ever done. Hope there’s a decent sell on clause.
There will be. It turned out we even had sell on clauses for Walker, Maguire, Murphy etc.

Shame we had to sell him though. Less than two years after we were spunking money on Bradford etc. Typical of our boom and bust approach under KM.

7 figures for each of Ramsdale and DCL whilst in division 3 is more than good business considering they'd made about 5 appearances between them.

You could argue the fact that they had so few appearances made it harder to tell if it was good business or not.

Not knocking the club; I'm glad Wilder had the control to sell them and use the funds to build a promotion team, and I'm sure plenty at the club were mindful of the Slew and Mellis deals, and how well we did there.

However, in an alternate universe, Ramsdale and Calvert-Lewin take the place of Henderson and McBurnie in our squad.

Back
Top Bottom