Alan Biggs says

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s a fucking numpty. His smugness is matched only by his mediocrity.

He wrote a book, you know. The autobiography of that notable football figure Lee Bullen. Lee Bullen? Lee Fucking Bullen. Top players and managers across the land must be flocking for his services.

His commentary for RS on the Crewe v Doncaster game a couple of seasons ago was the worst I’ve ever heard by a very long way. It was as though they’d asked a bloke in the crowd to do it at the last minute. Truly, horrifically awful.

His literary standards, I’m afraid, leave a good deal to be desired. A couple of hours tuition from me on style and grammar, at a reasonable fee, would do him no harm at all.

Like many a hack, he’s become so ludicrously consumed by self-importance, he’s persuaded himself that he IS the story. It’s not a good read, Biggsy.

All in all, he’s a little bit shite.

An "autobiography" is when you write your own life story, a "biography" is when someone else writes your life story.

I read the biography of legendary boxer, Rocky Marciano, written by someone else.

I read the autobiography of Leslie Phillips, written by the man himself.

Another delusion, did anyone notice the idiotic hype around Hazard that started pre-match - the BBC had got so whipped up in their self-created hysteria that before the match I'm sure I heard someone call him, 'the best in the world'.

So by time the game kicked-off, the commentators were expecting Maradona-like powers from him every time he touched the ball, I was so relieved they didn't award him man of the match ..... who chose that award, can't have been anyone from the BBC, that wasn't in the script.

and like I say, they don't go with the evidence of their own eyes ---- they work to a script and that is pathetic, and that is British TV coverage.

An "autobiography" is when you write your own life story, a "biography" is when someone else writes your life story.

I read the biography of legendary boxer, Rocky Marciano, written by someone else.

MV5BNWY3Y2YxODYtYzJhZS00ODYyLWEzZDktMDYxMTg0NDkzMDZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE3NjA1MzQ@._V1_.jpg

well......I take your point and understand why you raised it but I think more and more 'autobiographies' are actually 'ghost-written' by someone else.

The one personal experience of this that I have is a book 'written' by Kevin MacCloud - no it wasn't; it was actually written by a woman called Fanny who is so insignificant to history that though I met her, I can't even recall her surname ... and she was a poor creature who was paid sweet FA to do it too.

The trouble is, lots of famous people, especially footballers, would struggle to write a shopping list let alone their life story. Therefore they employ ghost writers to note down the stories and write the book for them.

This is what Biggs did for Bullen I believe. It was a ghost written autobiography not a biography.

The trouble is, lots of famous people, especially footballers, would struggle to write a shopping list let alone tgeir life story. Therefore they employ ghost writers to note down the stories and write the book for them.

This is what Biggs did for Bullen I believe. It was a ghost written autobiography not a biography.

Yes I know that a lot of autobiographies are ghost written, although I personally have written most of the things about me that appear in books, only one was taken from transcripts of interviews.

In this case, Biggs and Pig wrote the book together.

The trouble is, lots of famous people, especially footballers, would struggle to write a shopping list let alone their life story. Therefore they employ ghost writers to note down the stories and write the book for them.

Ah I’m not sure Pinchy understood the difference between biography and autobiography. Common mistake to make. I think Grappler was just helping him out.

He was very good, I especially liked his "you'll never win anything with kids" prediction. Bang on.

Crikey. Give the man a break. Making predictions about football, politics, anything, is a pretty risky business. What other obvious stuff was he wrong about? How many other domestic or international teams have won top honours “with kids”?

Hansen. Superb footballer. Top notch analyst.

Another delusion, did anyone notice the idiotic hype around Hazard that started pre-match - the BBC had got so whipped up in their self-created hysteria that before the match I'm sure I heard someone call him, 'the best in the world'.

So by time the game kicked-off, the commentators were expecting Maradona-like powers from him every time he touched the ball, I was so relieved they didn't award him man of the match ..... who chose that award, can't have been anyone from the BBC, that wasn't in the script.

and like I say, they don't go with the evidence of their own eyes ---- they work to a script and that is pathetic, and that is British TV coverage.

I noticed that. When they brought Willian on the commentator said "He's good, but he's no Eden Hazard"

All journalists are basically storytellers, and those that are trying to write popular stories are looking for a narrative, with romance, heroes and villains. I sensed that they were really hoping for Man U to equalise so they could go on and win it "for Fergie". Hazard was another potentially big story, especially if he'd scored, and Morinhio of course. OK Hazard's been playing well but so have many others in the Chelsea team.

For me, the story was that Chelsea put on a near-perfect defensive display after they scored

Most “autobiographies’ are ghost-written. I assumed Nonentity Bullen was an example. I certainly wouldn’t read a single word of drivel written by either him or Numpty Boggs on his behalf, so I couldn’t be sure which it was. Anyway, it’ll be utter shite, written by a talentless mediocrity about a talentless mediocrity, whatever its exact nature.

Yeah I liked listening to Hansen. I’m sure there’s people out there that aren’t ex-pro that understand football well

Oh there are, no doubt. The mistake people make is that people who write or broadcast about football are automatically in that group. Sadly many of them get it into their heads that they are. Listen to the Radio Sheffield football phone-ins to hear daily examples as the numpties purport to judge the merits of points other people are making, when they haven’t a fucking clue themselves.

I know it's unfashionable amongst a number on here to give even an ounce of credit to any journalist associated with our local newspapers, but I quite like a lot of Alan Biggs' articles.

At least he tells it as he sees it, good or bad and is not afraid to lay blame where he feels it lies. Whether you agree with him or not is a different matter but it makes a refreshing change from some of those we've had to endure in the past who often aligned themselves with either the Manager or the Board and simply produced articles showing one or the other in the most favourable light.

A good example of this was Tony Pritchett, whose head was so far up Dave Basset's arse it's a wonder he ever managed to retrieve it.

You can find all Biggs' United "scoops" discussed on here Joe. Days before he tweets them.

Back
Top Bottom