After specific home shirt....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

International Arm Stealer
Reaction score
This shirt, I think was from 1983, was from the year I started going and was worn for several seasons. It’s means a great deal to me.

Would love to get hold of one.

Hopefully yours,
Idelurchin

C538A315-61CC-4296-8617-7198456C1C68.jpeg

This shirt, I think was from 1983, was from the year I started going and was worn for several seasons. It’s means a great deal to me.

Would love to get hold of one.

Hopefully yours,
Idelurchin

View attachment 88210

Not the actual shirt but a decent copy.

I've got that in large, stopped fitting me a long time ago! Wife bought it me for my birthday 4 months after we met, shes bought me a fair few since, shes a keeper ❤🤍🖤

I've got that in large, stopped fitting me a long time ago! Wife bought it me for my birthday 4 months after we met, shes bought me a fair few since, shes a keeper ❤🤍🖤
Is she a decent replacement for Henderson ? Or more a back up?

Different world when I picked up the 92 yellow away on ebay, in about 2008. Great condition, and under a tenner including postage!! 😳
....a lot more sites to check nowadays. And can't rule out people having clearouts in charity shops....

Different world when I picked up the 92 yellow away on ebay, in about 2008. Great condition, and under a tenner including postage!! 😳
....a lot more sites to check nowadays. And can't rule out people having clearouts in charity shops....

I got it off Classic Football Shirts for about 30 quid in 2011.
I literally have nightmares about someone walking into a charity shop and picking one like the above up for a fiver, then sticking it online for 250 quid.

I do have one somewhere, but unfortunately it's from when I was about 4, so it's very small. I'm going to have to think now where it is... 🤔... As with other posts, I appreciate this isn't all that much help

I got it off Classic Football Shirts for about 30 quid in 2011.
I literally have nightmares about someone walking into a charity shop and picking one like the above up for a fiver, then sticking it online for 250 quid.

Great price too!.....yes, that's the way football shirts are going, and most likely what would happen to a charity shop find!

I imagine we'll soon see more and more genuine replicas coming! I think there'll still be a market for original shirts though.

Great price too!.....yes, that's the way football shirts are going, and most likely what would happen to a charity shop find!

I imagine we'll soon see more and more genuine replicas coming! I think there'll still be a market for original shirts though.

Most of the 'Big' teams have done repro replicas, there is always some difference to the original replicas such as no manufacturer logo etc.

I'll always be on the hunt for the original replicas as they can only go up in value as there will never be any more made, regardless of re-runs

Just a heads up with this era up to the 88 home shirt, a large pre 88 is a medium in todays sizing. Ive made that mistake before.
What a load of bollocks that is. Modern day sizing to make people feel slimmer.

Fuck me for ladies clothes it is beyond a joke. You see ladies with an arse so wide it has it's own postcode, and she beeps when she goes backwards, yet she slips into size 6 jeans...which in 1988 would have been size 26.

If somebody is a big fat fucker, why do we have to pretend they are Lena Zavroni?!!

What a load of bollocks that is. Modern day sizing to make people feel slimmer.

Fuck me for ladies clothes it is beyond a joke. You see ladies with an arse so wide it has it's own postcode, and she beeps when she goes backwards, yet she slips into size 6 jeans...which in 1988 would have been size 26.

If somebody is a big fat fucker, why do we have to pretend they are Lena Zavroni?!!
Fuck knows what this has do with anything. Was merely pointing out that Umbro changed the sizing and fit of shirts in the late 80’s. Because if you drop £300 odd quid on a shirt online, it would be nice to know if it fits you.

Fuck knows what this has do with anything. Was merely pointing out that Umbro changed the sizing and fit of shirts in the late 80’s. Because if you drop £300 odd quid on a shirt online, it would be nice to know if it fits you.
Agreed. Mate it was not a go at your point which was helpful, it made me think about the modern trend of vanity sizing which does piss me off !

What size is equivalent to Y?
Y is youth. So probably XS

I got one off Shoreham Street Magnifique. Bought a medium. Ha! I'm a medium in every single shirt and top I own. Yet that one doesn't fit unless I lose 3 stone and 6" off my height. Still in its bag.

A load of old shirts just been listed on ebay, large and XL (not by myself) if anyones still after some 90s/00s ones.

On a separate note does anyone know if this years lime green 3rd shirt was ever on sale?

In respect of getting hold of Old Shirts, we seem to have not cottoned on at the Lane to the retro shirt boom.

I was up at Anfield on Friday, and there's an entire section of Liverpool's club shop devoted to retro shirts. Not just one season, but everything from the early 80's up to the mid 2010's.

It made me think how our club should be working alongside people like GUN Retro so a whole array of retro shirts could be made available in our club shop and for them to extend the limited runs they do so they are readily available. The one's GUN have done have been absolutely spot on.

I'm absolutely certain that with forethought and some commercial nous, they could be quids in.

C'Mon Mr Bettis,you know it makes sense... 👍

An original 89 lime green away WITH sponsor just been listed on ebay. £225 opening bid but I've never seen an original with sponsor for sale before, must be player issue/ match worn

An original 89 lime green away WITH sponsor just been listed on ebay. £225 opening bid but I've never seen an original with sponsor for sale before, must be player issue/ match worn
Following the 89/90 promotion the replica away sold in 90/91 season did have the Laver sponsor on for the first time. However nearly everyone already had it from the previous season so there was no point buying it again just for that.

In respect of getting hold of Old Shirts, we seem to have not cottoned on at the Lane to the retro shirt boom.

They did ask in one of the questionnaires that went out during lockdown whether fans would be interested in a retro shirt and which one. I said 'yes' and asked for the early 90's thin striped home shirt or the yellow laver away shirt.

There seems to be loads of listings for original shirts from Poland and Ukraine on eBay. No idea as to whether these are original shirts or more recent copies. They are listed at original prices though.

Back
Top Bottom