Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

Grew into the game and didn't look outclassed against a competent Bournemouth side.

Enda, Baldock, Egan, Bash & Didsy all starting the season as they finished 🔥

Encouraging performances from Robinson, McBurnie & Freeman 📈

The reaction to the equaliser from the players on the pitch, on the bench and the staff shows the togetherness ❤

Chuffed to be a Blade today 🔴⚪⚫

I loved that obvs. It's noticeably quicker & sharper in The Prem isn't it? I knew you'd want to read about our first Premier League pub for a while as quickly as possible. So, my Blog is out quicker than The Green 'Un used to be. You know the drill. Bit of grumpiness. More about what colour the boots were than who played well. You might not find out any player ratings. But, you'll know who said what in the pub. I'd be delighted if you'd read it....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/08/do-you-know-my-uncle-ron.html

Feels like we've won the league or sommat! What a result that was and Billy Sharp, lost for words! Yes I'm going a tad over the top but that's a great start and so pleased for the sell out away end!

the biggest surprise of the day was Billy Sharp scoring a goal . Who would have thought that , eh ?

Sharp is always going to score when we push men forward....he’s the fox in the box...fantastic poacher.
Great to bring on when we’re chasing the game with the opposition sitting back
Or when we play weaker opposition at home where we see a lot of the ball and get plenty of opportunities to attack.

When we’re sat back and relying on counter attacking on the break then Billy pace means he’ll struggle.
That’s why we’ve brought in Robinson and Mousett for them situations. Wilder knows what he’s doing.
Strikers are like tools in a tool box, you need different strikers for different situations.

There maybe be better sides than us in this league but show me one with more togetherness and heart.

Special times.

Norwich battered in terms of scoreline, but had their moments

Villa battered in every sense of the word, and a Grealish mistake cost them a goal which is nice.

We've done ourselves proud today.

that was a great point, which was even better to stick it to media who written off our players & club as cannon fodder. already told talksport drive to stick there comment where sun dont shine. no bones about it this was going to a difficult opening day because in my opinion were playing tier 2 team a side that not the big 6 but wont be in relegation battle. we more than matched a good bournemouth, who have quality on there day beat Chelsea 4-0 last season Fraser Wilson Ake all linked with big club moves, with future england manager. but just like we said coming up to championship the further up the pyramid you go, you have to make your dominance count because they have quality to nick a goal. which is only criticism i can have to wilder

but its a sign of a good performance even when it looked like we would lose in closing minutes, i was thinking im still been happy with performance if not result of course as we have wouldve shown more than enough to everyone. that we can survive in this premier league.

Says something that I’m disappointed that we’re not talking about getting all 3 points. Bournemouth struggled to create for the most part and Henderson didn’t have to deal with much. We had plenty of chances but just not clinical enough today. Fought until the end proud of the boys. UTB

Anyone know does it appear on the red button on Sky for Game of the day?

I hope you're referring to all the negative shit from our own "fans" posted on here after seeing the team announcement.
I hope also you read my comment as being rather ironic, and aimed at all those "nay-sayers", as per my 1st comment on this thread:

I didn't mate, my bad. Was a knee jerk reaction to the negativity lately. My apologies.

Very proud of the guys today.Overall felt we performed well and made some very good chances surprising some I'm sure; fantastic point to start the campaign.

Also must admit tear came to my eye when Billy scored, just had to be our living legend who got the equalizer.

On to the next one.

UTB

Love the expressions the split second before the ball hits the back of the net, Sharp’s determined look and Egan’s giddiness.

1565518771527.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom