Advice for avoiding traffic.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can understand it to be fair. I wouldn't leave early myself, I always stay until the players have left the pitch. I did consider it tonight though when it got to about 83 minutes (I didn't leave early but did go as soon as the full time whistle went).

We're a joy to watch at times, I can't have any complaints about that, but FFS I've had just about enough of A) seeing us dominate teams for long periods of time and get absolutely nothing from it and B) seeing us play so well in the first half and then we're utter shite in the second half. It's happened so many times, it's so frustrating to watch. We were brilliant for the first 40 minutes tonight and then we gifted them a goal and just fell apart for the rest of the game.

I can understand it to be fair. I wouldn't leave early myself, I always stay until the players have left the pitch. I did consider it tonight though when it got to about 83 minutes (I didn't leave early but did go as soon as the full time whistle went).

We're a joy to watch at times, I can't have any complaints about that, but FFS I've had just about enough of A) seeing us dominate teams for long periods of time and get absolutely nothing from it and B) seeing us play so well in the first half and then we're utter shite in the second half. It's happened so many times, it's so frustrating to watch. We were brilliant for the first 40 minutes tonight and then we gifted them a goal and just fell apart for the rest of the game.

The second half was so pathetic and spineless I am not surprised people left early.

A bloke was seriously doing his nut after their winner, stood up roaring abuse at the team, shaking his fist, etc.
He then punched his seat a few times.
It seriously got to him tonight. Roaring for 15 minutes. South stand.
People pay good money to watch this shit.

What happened to getting behind the team to spurr them on though?

That’s rhetorical by the way - it’s gone, and nobody gives a fuck.

There’s still a thousand or so, sadly scattered around the back of the kop - disjointed and pushed to the sides by people who’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years, but no longer give a fuck.

Sadly, it’s all about what the players are doing wrong.

There’s very few fans left these days, just consumers.

Again explain please. None the wiser.
I presumed your “really” comment was replying to the comment that “I’ve watched a lot shitter than that”.

Take it from there and it explains itself.

As it happens, you were replying to my OP, in which case you might expand on what you meant.

Well the players gave up at half time? Why shouldn't we give up at 80 mins?

I presumed your “really” comment was replying to the comment that “I’ve watched a lot shitter than that”.

Take it from there and it explains itself.

As it happens, you were replying to my OP, in which case you might expand on what you meant.

Nope I give in. See ya later, bed time.

....stay until the end with the other 5,000 of us. Straight home, traffic free.

Fucking cringeworthy, on national TV.

What’s happened to our support?

I stayed til the bitter end but the players might as well not have bothered. You'd have though they were four goals down, not one, the way they just ambled about.

I stayed til the bitter end but the players might as well not have bothered. You'd have though they were four goals down, not one, the way they just ambled about.
But remember the days when, after players already earning the benefit of the doubt, the fans would actually get behind them to lift them?

If only, eh? :(

But remember the days when, after players already earning the benefit of the doubt, the fans would actually get behind them to lift them?

If only, eh? :(

I don't disagree, the crowd was very poor tonight. But the players still looked defeated well before full time.

That’s the modern day spirit, right there!

You’re in good numbers fella, unlike me.

Although I did actually stay till the whistle as always, I just understand that it is frustrating and people leave when the team are playing like shit

....stay until the end with the other 5,000 of us. Straight home, traffic free.

Fucking cringeworthy, on national TV.

What’s happened to our support?

In fairness, that's the least of my concerns.

I really don't think Friday night games work generally, just like Thursday night games don't, but we have people leaving games early whenever we play.

I watched the game on TV, but i turned it off with 5 mins to go, it was 0030. I wish i'd turned off at half time.

Not sure I’m getting these ‘we gave up at half time’ comments.

They were fucking quality second half. Have a look at their XI and tell me that’s not bottom half Premier League. Livermore, Barry, Gibbs, Rodriguez - 4 straight off the bat who’ve played for England in recent memory. They adapted and turned it on - we worked hard but ran out of gas chasing shadows...that’s when we needed to get behind our lot and give them some energy.

Sometimes I’m happy to hold my hands up and say we were beaten by a much better side. But the support didn’t help a jot.

Not sure I’m getting these ‘we gave up at half time’ comments.

They were fucking quality second half. Have a look at their XI and tell me that’s not bottom half Premier League. Livermore, Barry, Gibbs, Rodriguez - 4 straight off the bat who’ve played for England in recent memory. They adapted and turned it on - we worked hard but ran out of gas chasing shadows...that’s when we needed to get behind our lot and give them some energy.

Sometimes I’m happy to hold my hands up and say we were beaten by a much better side. But the support didn’t help a jot.
You can excuse yourself for participating in a library and leaving with 10 to go if you kid yourself the players packed in.

Not that 95% of those that do it don’t consider it anything other than the norm, these days.

Happens at every ground in the country. Fans leave early, particularly when their club is losing and don’t look like turning it round. How many times have we sang ‘is there a fire drill’ and the likes?

Maybe if we’d not spent so long pretending we’re ‘the best supporters in the world’ and all that shit we’d be able to accept that we’re just football fans, no different to other fans and we act just the same.

Back
Top Bottom