Player Suggestion Adam Armstrong

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whoateallthepies

Reaction score
Quick, good finisher, very highly rated when he was at Newcastle, scored 16 last season for Blackburn. Worth a punt IMO

Callum Robinson scored that from left wing in the championship.

He did mate your right but we don
Callum Robinson scored that from left wing in the championship.
[/QUOTE]
He did mate but we don't play with wingers and Callum Robinson looks lost up top, he's not a very good finisher and his movement isn't the best

On the assumption that we've spent the majority of our budget already, I think there's a few in the Championship that could be worth a punt too. Along with Armstrong, you could also chuck in a few more who either have potential OR need a new challenge and a good manager to get the best out of them. A few suggestions who would certainly be risky signings but if the price was right . . . . . .

Swift (Reading . . . . Still hoping we get him)
Dack (Blackburn)
Campbell (Stoke)
Marriott (Derby)
Assombalonga (Middlesbrough)

Puts tin hat on and awaits onslaught. However, these are merely risky suggestions that MIGHT or COULD pay off and only IF the price / wages were right of course. In Wilder we trust and even if we didnt sign anybody else I still think we'd have enough to be "ok" (though that wouldn't be progressing how Wilder would want either).
Think the crowds will have one of the biggest barings on how we do and if there's no supporters (or limited fan numbers) for a sustained period then we will suffer more than most I fear. Get the crowds and the atmosphere back and we could push for European football once more!! COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIIIZZZAAARRRDDDSSS!!!!

On the assumption that we've spent the majority of our budget already, I think there's a few in the Championship that could be worth a punt too. Along with Armstrong, you could also chuck in a few more who either have potential OR need a new challenge and a good manager to get the best out of them. A few suggestions who would certainly be risky signings but if the price was right . . . . . .

Dack (Blackburn)
Campbell (Stoke)
Marriott (Derby)

Puts tin hat on and awaits onslaught. However, these are merely risky suggestions that MIGHT or COULD pay off and only IF the price / wages were right of course. In Wilder we trust and even if we didnt sign anybody else I still think we'd have enough to be "ok" (though that wouldn't be progressing how Wilder would want either).
Think the crowds will have one of the biggest barings on how we do and if there's no supporters (or limited fan numbers) for a sustained period then we will suffer more than most I fear. Get the crowds and the atmosphere back and we could push for European football once more!! COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIIIZZZAAARRRDDDSSS!!!!
You could add onto that list the derby youngsters boggle,bird,knight and sibbley although they won’t be cheap now and will likely be only get more expensive as they get more fist team football

On the assumption that we've spent the majority of our budget already, . . . . .

Dack (Blackburn)
Campbell (Stoke)
Marriott (Derby)

Puts tin hat on and awaits onslaught.

Its a good job you have no involvement at the lane ..😇😇😇😇

Assombalonga ...!! ..FFS fella...

Have I just gone back in time 3yrs!!

Seriously though... only swift out of that lot. We’ve completely outgrown the rest!

Whilst I agree that we Should have possibly 'outgrown' a number of players, transfer fees and wage demands could suggest otherwise??
Don't get me wrong, there are a number of players that would certainly be a BIG risk but that might just be the position we find ourselves in unfortunately (i.e. simply having to take a punt on someone because we cant afford or get near the others?).

Villa are inflating the average player market in fees and wages and the lower clubs have cottoned on and £10m seems to be the starting point for any player.
This works to Villa’s advantage as they can afford inflated prices for the better players where clubs like us will have to pay these silly values for players that are not good enough for PL but are all we can afford. Armstrong, Dack and Asomberlonga to name a few are being suggested ffs.

no offence to OP and a genuine question, how is adam armstrong any different or better than Oli? because i feel that is what we should be looking for

The grass always seems greener and i think we forget that there was a reason OMB was £20m, he had a way better record than any championship players we’ve been linked with (maybe on par with Watkins)... and Sharp and Didzy also had great championship records, Mousset has actually cut it at an EPL level, just not sure armstrong is at the required level

seems like some want us to spend on a striker, but the thing is we need that striker to improve the squad, now i think Watkins, Brewster or Dennis would be improvements on someone different to play alongside OMB, whether we will be able to get them is a different story

Whilst I agree that we Should have possibly 'outgrown' a number of players, transfer fees and wage demands could suggest otherwise??
Don't get me wrong, there are a number of players that would certainly be a BIG risk but that might just be the position we find ourselves in unfortunately (i.e. simply having to take a punt on someone because we cant afford or get near the others?).

Have you just forgot that we’ve signed Sander, McBurnie and Ramsdale for around 20mil each?

no offence to OP and a genuine question, how is adam armstrong any different or better than Oli? because i feel that is what we should be looking for

The grass always seems greener and i think we forget that there was a reason OMB was £20m, he had a way better record than any championship players we’ve been linked with (maybe on par with Watkins)... and Sharp and Didzy also had great championship records, Mousset has actually cut it at an EPL level, just not sure armstrong is at the required level

seems like some want us to spend on a striker, but the thing is we need that striker to improve the squad, now i think Watkins, Brewster or Dennis would be improvements on someone different to play alongside OMB, whether we will be able to get them is a different story
Bingle I still think Dennis is our main target. However if we cant get him due to budget or wages I think we are left with little alternative but to sign back ups.

If we knew McB, Moose and Didzy could.play a full season we'd be pretty much ok but they won't and we don't have any replacements

Assombalonga no thanks unless he drops into the last chance saloon part of our system.
Dennis no thanks don't even think he's on our radar couple of lucky goals raised his profile.
Robinson needs to go back to what made him successful, getting into good positions in the box.
Anybody we can afford is going to be a risk (Armstrong), how much can we afford to spend on that?

Dack!! Jesus wept. He’s the championship equivalent of Ricky Holmes. At his level.

Assombalonga- has been years ago. Not for us thanks.

I’d take Swift from that list, none of th rest.

Assombalonga no thanks unless he drops into the last chance saloon part of our system.
Dennis no thanks don't even think he's on our radar couple of lucky goals raised his profile.
Robinson needs to go back to what made him successful, getting into good positions in the box.
Anybody we can afford is going to be a risk (Armstrong), how much can we afford to spend on that?

Emmanuel Dennis is a no from you?? Have you never seen him play? Unbelievable feet, goes past players at will, creates chances and finishes them. Very exciting talent!
For me he’s the one missing part to our starting XI

Don't get me wrong, with the exception of possibly Swift, I don't particularly want to see us signing 'risky' players either (who certainly would be a BIG risk too).
Just got a feeling that players and agents think we've got more money than we have and will be simply waiting for a Villa or a Fulham or a West Ham to just throw a load of money at them and we'll be left looking at alternatives.
Appreciate that we've invested previously with the likes of McBurnie, Moose, Berge and now with Ramsdale too but just got a feeling we might now be struggling budget-wise to add to the group (hope I'm wrong obviously and we can get another 3 or 4 quality players in but are we able to compete with those who appear to be inflating the market?).

CoatesyBlade Not seen him in a game I only watch United live (I have this thing about TV licences being robbery) so only pick up highlights off the internet and he doesn't stand out (for me), maybe the highlights aren't reflective of his input but game affecting situations are usually included so maybe he's a good player with no end product.

I think the quality of the opposition has to be considered.

I'm pretty sure I would have bagged against Wycombe today by the sounds of things.

I agree, this is the worst championship for a very long time but he got 16 last season in a very strong championship. He's still young so I reckon he'll get a move a some point and can't see Blackburn asking for the sort of money Brentford and others want for there player's

I agree, this is the worst championship for a very long time but he got 16 last season in a very strong championship. He's still young so I reckon he'll get a move a some point and can't see Blackburn asking for the sort of money Brentford and others want for there player's

Oh definitely, he's a good player and if he keeps it up, he will almost certainly play in the PL at some point.

The reason I commented is when I saw that he scored a hat-trick, I knew someone would have updated this thread - I wanted to be the first to point out how shite Wycombe are.

Far more a CWAK signing then Brewster or Balogun.
Possibly is, but is he robust and physical enough to handle the Premier league? Remember what McBurnie our most physical striker said about being ragdolled by Van dijk

Back
Top Bottom