A smokeless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pudseyblade

Reaction score
FWIW, I don't think a full ban on smoking works, not from what I've seen anyway. All it does is push it into the toilets, which ACTUALLY inconveniences non-smokers. Bramall Lane has perfect areas for smoking, it's a shame a blanket EPL rule will now make it unpleasant for some non-smokers

Slight tangent I've been stopped almost 14 years but when I smoked we had "smoke rooms" at work sometimes we couldn't get in for non smokers having a crafty 5 minutes. I feel sorry for smokers they are social outcasts the easiest thing in world is to stop smoking, the hardest is STAY STOPPED. When I stopped I was told I'd be dead in a week if I didn't, but I could not have patches as they can cause heart attacks, so had to use will power. It says on website that if a fan wants a fag and goes outside ground they can't come back in, that is harsh how hard is it for stewards to patrol it.

Slight tangent I've been stopped almost 14 years but when I smoked we had "smoke rooms" at work sometimes we couldn't get in for non smokers having a crafty 5 minutes. I feel sorry for smokers they are social outcasts the easiest thing in world is to stop smoking, the hardest is STAY STOPPED. When I stopped I was told I'd be dead in a week if I didn't, but I could not have patches as they can cause heart attacks, so had to use will power. It says on website that if a fan wants a fag and goes outside ground they can't come back in, that is harsh how hard is it for stewards to patrol it.

Empathise with you mate. I was warned 10 years ago by my dentist a tiny polyp on the floor of my mouth wasn't a great sign.
Quit the following week and not touched one since. No interest in them.
Funny though how the chav Columbian marching powder snorting, leb smoking yoof are unhindered in their behaviour whilst baccy smokers are demonised.
One of my great childhood memries is night matches at the Lane with the smell of baccy and more matches being struck than wankers turning their phone lights on at Coldplay gig.

One of my great childhood memries is night matches at the Lane with the smell of baccy and more matches being struck than wankers turning their phone lights on at Coldplay gig.
Oh Bill it was great mate there was summat about a match being struck

I don’t smoke, I’ve never smoked, I hate the smell of it, i’m glad it’s been banned.

Are your other 8270 posts as utterly joyous.
Don't bother answering. I can guess.

Edited to add just seen who your avatars is.
Perfect.

I don’t smoke, I’ve never smoked, I hate the smell of it, i’m glad it’s been banned.

But that's kinda my point - both corners of the kop where the entrances are have massive outside areas where you could be around people smoking and not get too annoyed by it. But a complete ban will now see folk into toilets and backs of stands to smoke, which isn't a great experience for the majority. Any away regulars must notice this same difference vs being at home? I've seen dedicated outside-ground cordoned smoking areas at places like Notts County and Rangers and it solves the problem - lets smokers get on with smoking and stops the scallys smoking in the toilets instead

It also causes cancer.. I’m against cancer.. suppose that makes me joyless..

Tit.

You're really anal aren't you.

Like a packet of Woodbines.

A million things cause cancer mate.

Lighten up. Chill out.

But that's kinda my point - both corners of the kop where the entrances are have massive outside areas where you could be around people smoking and not get too annoyed by it. But a complete ban will now see folk into toilets and backs of stands to smoke, which isn't a great experience for the majority. Any away regulars must notice this same difference vs being at home? I've seen dedicated outside-ground cordoned smoking areas at places like Notts County and Rangers and it solves the problem - lets smokers get on with smoking and stops the scallys smoking in the toilets instead

It’s a Premier League rule.. it a couple of hours at most.. surely people can manage that long without it.

It’s a Premier League rule.. it a couple of hours at most.. surely people can manage that long without it.

Because the Premier league are right about everything aren't they.
Think I'll start smoking again just to blow smoke in your face. Lol.

I’m glad vaping is banned too.
Bloke on the row in front of me frequently fills half the John Street Stand in candyfloss smelling mist.

What was the beef against e-cigs? Sure they smell a bit naff, but so does the old fella constantly farting on the row behind me. Incidentally I would report him to the stewards, but apparently he’s worth 60,000 loyalty points - no chance I’ll take on a big hitter like that! 😬🤷‍♂️

If smokers end up in the toilets, where will everyone take coke.

The Premier league haven’t thought this through.

You do know this ban has been in the Premier League for about a decade don’t you?

I would bet it does. Smokers find a way to get a fag, Wembley v Hull was one example. You couldn't see where you were pissing for smoke.

My guess at Old Trafford and Anfield it isn’t a problem cos anyone doing it is kicked out they lose their season ticket and go to the back of the ten year waiting list.

My guess at Old Trafford and Anfield it isn’t a problem cos anyone doing it is kicked out they lose their season ticket and go to the back of the ten year waiting list.

No chance, I went to Old Trafford in the cup the other season and it was rife on away end in bogs.

Back
Top Bottom