A smokeless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If smokers end up in the toilets, where will everyone take coke.

The Premier league haven’t thought this through.
beat me to it.

where will I go for a piss?

Once I've nudged past the gurning coke heads, who all think I'm a copper, I'll now have to have my clothes stinking of shitty smoke and ash. wankers the lot of em

Laws are a wonderful invention,it's the policing of the law that's the clever bit,if you can't why bother ?

I'm surprised how many think this is a relatively new regulation and / or specific to the Premier League .

A ban on smoking in all areas of EFL and Premier grounds ( including open areas such as car parks etc. ) has been in place since 2007 .

If the Lane is anything to go by , clubs have sensibly turned a blind eye to those smoking well away from any enclosed areas but it seems that's about to change , although it's difficult to see what harm this does to anyone but the smokers themselves .

Having said that , even though I've been smoking for 65 years I wouldn't dream of doing so in the toilets or any other confined space out of respect for other fans , many of whom I know find tobacco smoke offensive .

What I don't understand is why football supporters should be treated any differently to customers of pubs , clubs , restaurants and just about any other establishment you can think of , all of whom are allowed to have dedicated areas for those who take pleasure from having a cigarette .

i'm a smoker and this is really going to screw up my pre match and half time rituals

It also causes cancer.. I’m against cancer.. suppose that makes me joyless..

Harry we know what effects smoking can have on some people and yes they get cancer, but cancer isn't just restricted to smokers mate it's horrible and has no favourites. If I could have one wish it would be that I could go to Lane have a few beers couple of fags and summat to eat, it's not gunna happen so Sunday I'll be on me sofa glass of pop sobbing with pride when they walk out .

Anyone spark up behind the kop?

I went for a cig at half time at the back of the kop. A couple of female stewards approached me and asked me to put it out. I said no & carried on peacefully smoking. They sat with me for a chat. All very relaxed.

Today was a warning, Leicester game will be more stern and I was told after that people will be ejected from the stadium :eek:

I smelt smoke as soon as I walked in the kop toilets, so obviously some are going down this route, which is a shame - as per my original post - there are massive smoking areas available but now non-smokers are being inconvenienced as a direct result of a blanket rule that our fine ground can get around.

Why would the Premier League be against a smoking area in a stadium? If people want to smoke they should be free to do so. Find that bizarre.

I went for a cig at half time at the back of the kop. A couple of female stewards approached me and asked me to put it out. I said no & carried on peacefully smoking. They sat with me for a chat. All very relaxed.
more importantly did ya get their phone numbers, if not expect some kidney puncnhes through t'owd tinterweb.

But that's kinda my point - both corners of the kop where the entrances are have massive outside areas where you could be around people smoking and not get too annoyed by it. But a complete ban will now see folk into toilets and backs of stands to smoke, which isn't a great experience for the majority. Any away regulars must notice this same difference vs being at home? I've seen dedicated outside-ground cordoned smoking areas at places like Notts County and Rangers and it solves the problem - lets smokers get on with smoking and stops the scallys smoking in the toilets instead

What, they have to nip out the ground for a fag? Do they get back in? For free or do they show their buts (could get interesting). Might as well wait until end o' t'match.

The Vapers were out in force today too, just like nothing had changed, dirty barstewards! ;) :p 😁

I never smoke on the open air concourse at the back of the kop at half time, so the stewards never have to turn a blind eye. This makes me glad that no one there, who would undoubtedly be massively inconvenienced, and have their health and safety compromised, could find a reason to not be happy with my actions, in never smoking in the open air concourse at the back of the kop.

Besides which, I've never noticed the smell of cannabis at the back of the kop during the game, nor a queue of ne'er-do-wells who suddenly need a shit.

So I reckon anyone not happy with nobody smoking tobacco can not get fucked.

I never smoke on the open air concourse at the back of the kop at half time, so the stewards never have to turn a blind eye. This makes me glad that no one there, who would undoubtedly be massively inconvenienced, and have their health and safety compromised, could find a reason to not be happy with my actions, in never smoking in the open air concourse at the back of the kop.

Besides which, I've never noticed the smell of cannabis at the back of the kop during the game, nor a queue of ne'er-do-wells who suddenly need a shit.

So I reckon anyone not happy with nobody smoking tobacco can not get fucked.
Yes, exactly

Back
Top Bottom