A Preston view

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’ve sold around 2,200 now. Is it likely that we will be given the upper tier if we need it? Considering we are entitled to 4,900 as 15%?

If there's a chance of more overtime for SYPD, an invite to their pals from Durham Cuntstabulary and a chance to give the 'Hate Wall' an outing, I wouldn't doubt it.

Seriously, no chance. They'd have to arrange extra stewards, catering etc. in less than four days? Can't see it.

We’ve sold around 2,200 now. Is it likely that we will be given the upper tier if we need it? Considering we are entitled to 4,900 as 15%?

I reckon that once your allocation has completely sold out, the remaining 2,500 might be considered.
Can you see your club selling another 2,500?

It might have been a better idea to give them the upper tier in the first place, they’d have gotten a bigger allocation then and we wouldn’t have needed two tiers opening.

If they request the upper,then United will charge them for all the tickets in the upper,this is due to stewarding costs/catering staff,will Preston take the gamble?
I’m not sure obviously but isn’t it compulsory that the away team gets 15% in the fa cup? So surely it should be assumed that that amount should be allocated by the home side? Not sure at all of the finer details and we wouldn’t sell the full allocation either, maybe around 2,800 or something so 500 ish of the upper tier.

Club have already told PNE no sales on the day. Its Wednesday tomorrow and they've still got 200 to shift. Too late I would have thought to give them more tickets now. In any event SYP will have taken the day off assuming its a low level risk game although panic may now set in as PNE are likely to sell 193 more tickets than the Pigs.

If any PNE supporter can also confirm that they were hit (from above) by the following...

Bottles Of Piss/Semen/Spit
Sex Toys
Wooden Legs
Crutches
Distress Flares
Joints of Beef/Pork/Lamb
False Eyes

we know you're lying...

X

If any PNE supporter can also confirm that they were hit (from above) by the following...

Bottles Of Piss/Semen/Spit
Sex Toys
Wooden Legs
Crutches
Distress Flares
Joints of Beef/Pork/Lamb
False Eyes

we know you're lying...

X
Wednesday as a club are a joke. Club have spent fortunes on journeymen and think they are entitled to finish top 6. In reality they are past it and their squad is mid table even on paper. A few of their fans were telling me our manager applied for their job and they were signing Ben Pearson from us. Wouldn’t believe a word they say.

Wednesday as a club are a joke. Club have spent fortunes on journeymen and think they are entitled to finish top 6. In reality they are past it and their squad is mid table even on paper. A few of their fans were telling me our manager applied for their job and they were signing Ben Pearson from us. Wouldn’t believe a word they say.
I see their reputation has spread.

Still got vertigo from Deepdale Kop can I register a claim. I've never had PPI, whiplash or been sick on holiday (apart from alcohol induced as a youngster) so missing out on compensation culture.

Just release some more on the lower tier it does hold 2900

Did you see the segregation at Carrow Road?,SYP would have closed the entire middle section of that stand,possibly even the rest of the stand,they like a large segregated area does our wonderful efficient police force.

I’m not sure obviously but isn’t it compulsory that the away team gets 15% in the fa cup? So surely it should be assumed that that amount should be allocated by the home side? Not sure at all of the finer details and we wouldn’t sell the full allocation either, maybe around 2,800 or something so 500 ish of the upper tier.

Its not compulsory but away teams are allowed to request up to 15%. Problem is as others have said this late in the day you would be allocated another 1000 for the Upper tier as a minimum to cover costs and have to pay for any unsold tickets. Are you going to sell 1200 in the next few days? I would add the costs would include extra policing and we are dealing with SYP here, a police force that seems incapable of managing large away followings. Very good away following for you and credit to your club for the £10 coach fee as well.

Its not compulsory but away teams are allowed to request up to 15%. Problem is as others have said this late in the day you would be allocated another 1000 for the Upper tier as a minimum to cover costs and have to pay for any unsold tickets. Are you going to sell 1200 in the next few days? I would add the costs would include extra policing and we are dealing with SYP here, a police force that seems incapable of managing large away followings. Very good away following for you and credit to your club for the £10 coach fee as well.
That has aided sales. We are unique as a club in that our home attendances are low but we do like to travel away from home. We will get usually just over 1k for a Saturday away game 2 hours or more away. For closer games 2k +. Any game in Lancashire we sell out ( took 7k to Blackburn and 5k to Bolton). We don’t take THAT many to Wednesday or Leeds because it’s like £40 quid a ticket.

That has aided sales. We are unique as a club in that our home attendances are low but we do like to travel away from home. We will get usually just over 1k for a Saturday away game 2 hours or more away. For closer games 2k +. Any game in Lancashire we sell out ( took 7k to Blackburn and 5k to Bolton).
That’s the sign of a very good club because we are very similar. ;)

On another topic, first time I’ve gone by coach to the lane, only ever driven straight there for 3. So what nice places are there to eat in Sheffield City Centre?

A Salt n' Battered on London Rd do a nice line in chip butties.

Like whore

Some decent grub to be had up there, and you're near the ground. Winner winner Chicken (possibly) dinner.

Happy Crab closed ?

I thought Vern had sorted that problem with the food hygiene folk.

Given the choice at this point of the season, I'd rather take 3 points against Villa.

It will be interesting to see how close to each teams' first XI both sides put out.

We know Moore isn't starting. Blackman is.

I'd be very surprised if Sharp didn't start given his lack of recent game time. It could have come too early for Ched, but if Wilson and Clarke are the chosen two for Villa, perhaps Lavery or Donaldson joins Billy up front.

You'd expect Carruthers, Thomas and Lundstram to get the nod if we are sticking close to the midfield vs Norwich.

Lafferty and Wright should start.

I'm expecting something along the lines of:

Blackman
Basham Stearman Wright
Baldock Carruthers Lundstram Lafferty
Thomas
Sharp Lavery

That's still a strong team. Would be good to see Henigan get a run out too.

Last edited:
Sorry about the double post.
Coming in to land in the Rainy City and Emirates Wi-Fi is all over the place.

Now when I were a lad....

#FirstWorldProblems

Happy Crab closed ?

I thought Vern had sorted that problem with the food hygiene folk.

Depends what you mean by "sorted". From tonight, it will be business as usual at The Happy Crab. After all, our customer (yes I know I missed the "s") would expect no less. On an almost totally unrelated subject, I'd be careful where you walk the dog next time you go down the woods, You'll be in for a big surprise that's not a Teddy Bears Picnic and has almost nothing to do with the missing food inspector. It'll be a long time before he's marking anyones pride & joy -1 star again.

Fair play to pne and apart from the result have a decent day out in our amazing city. Cant see more than 15k at the game but for the league visit expect 27k or more depending on our promotion hopes its our average gate.

Back
Top Bottom