A Preston view

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its a cup game it ain't that important . smallish crowd what Preston are used to. How they can compare themselves to us is a joke we get double there home gates and take much more away. I've actually been to deepdale with an attendance of just over 4000
We are a bigger club than Preston, obviously. We get much bigger home gates. Sheffield is miles bigger than Preston. However, the points the Preston fans are making I think are being misconstrued. We are similar in terms of history, and Preston’s away support is actually excellent. On average ours is likely higher, but you’ll be surprised as to how close it is. Currently, our squads are also similar and we are both punching above our weight and I think that’s where the ‘infrastructure’ similarities are coming from. I don’t think any Preston fans think they are a bigger club than us.

We are a bigger club than Preston, obviously. We get much bigger home gates. Sheffield is miles bigger than Preston. However, the points the Preston fans are making I think are being misconstrued. We are similar in terms of history, and Preston’s away support is actually excellent. On average ours is likely higher, but you’ll be surprised as to how close it is. Currently, our squads are also similar and we are both punching above our weight and I think that’s where the ‘infrastructure’ similarities are coming from. I don’t think any Preston fans think they are a bigger club than us.
Also, there are many more local away games for SUFC ( Leeds, pigs, Barnsley, dull etc) dragging our away attendance up. PNE only have Bolton and took 7,000 to Blackburn, 5,000 to Bolton a few years back if I remember correctly. That being said, any Preston fan who thinks they are a bigger club than us needs to give their head a wobble.

Get yourself on London Road and take your pick.

Some decent grub to be had up there, and you're near the ground. Winner winner Chicken (possibly) dinner.

Also, there are many more local away games for SUFC ( Leeds, pigs, Barnsley, dull etc) dragging our away attendance up. PNE only have Bolton and took 7,000 to Blackburn, 5,000 to Bolton a few years back if I remember correctly. That being said, any Preston fan who thinks they are a bigger club than us needs to give their head a wobble.
What does it matter who is bigger than who?

It would be great if Preston got into the play-offs if only because they are as bad as them as we are.

Ha, bang on that, apart from them winning 3-0 in the the semi and then 4-0 in the final in 2015.

I don’t think either side will learn a deal as it’ll be our Ressies vs your your Ressies . We were fucking awful at Deepdale I don’t think/ hope we turn in a performance like that again his season . The league match will be a better barometer

We are very similar to Preston. They may get smaller gates than us, but otherwise in terms of squad, budget etc there’s not much in it.

They’re a very likeable club too. I hope however we can show them how well we can play on Saturday after how poor we were at Deepdale.

Preston and us 10 years ago were the perennial top 6 challengers with both getting in the play-offs or one of us. They always had a solid and hard-working squad as did we. That's how I see us as similar.

We are very similar to Preston. They may get smaller gates than us, but otherwise in terms of squad, budget etc there’s not much in it.

They’re a very likeable club too. I hope however we can show them how well we can play on Saturday after how poor we were at Deepdale.
Preston sold us Alan Kelly for £150k. I will always cherish them for that and that alone. Up there with Deano for £30k and John Fleck on a freebie in terms of value for money signings!

Preston sold us Alan Kelly for £150k. I will always cherish them for that and that alone. Up there with Deano for £30k and John Fleck on a freebie in terms of value for money signings!

Dean Hammond at 300k wasn't too bad either.

Worth a thread of it's own that, value for money signings

Good OP, I've a lot of time for PNE fans and I think they're in general a level headed bunch - you don't get the same tripe that for example the Norwich fans were coming out with this weekend.
Forget the stupid comments about Blades being 'a bigger club' - who cares?
All the best stanneswhite for Saturday, not a particularly important game for either. Good luck for rest of season, id like to see PNE in play-offs just hopefully not at our expense!

For anyone interested we’ve sold around 1900 so far. Looking like we will probably sell out the bottom tier (2300), but I doubt we will be able to get anymore as we aren’t looking at 3,000 ish currently, so there would be little point opening the top tier for a few hundred.

For anyone interested we’ve sold around 1900 so far. Looking like we will probably sell out the bottom tier (2300), but I doubt we will be able to get anymore as we aren’t looking at 3,000 ish currently, so there would be little point opening the top tier for a few hundred.
Good effort that!

I’m not sure we’d have sold that many for a mediocre 4th round FA cup tie with the many decent away days around the corner, top effort.

May the best team win...
latest

We’ve sold around 2,200 now. Is it likely that we will be given the upper tier if we need it? Considering we are entitled to 4,900 as 15%?

We’ve sold around 2,200 now. Is it likely that we will be given the upper tier if we need it? Considering we are entitled to 4,900 as 15%?
I think we’ll open it and let you pay on the day if your club wants to pay a small amount.

How has your ticketing structure gone for this game, Stan?

Back
Top Bottom