A plug and some cheese

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Steve Mackan

Greasy Wilder
Reaction score
Web header Season Ticket.png

Okay, so I am posting to plug our fanzine's season ticket. From today you can subscribe to EVERY fanzine in 2020 by following this link. I hope I am right in saying that (pretty much) everyone who subscribed for 2019 feels like they got their money's worth (the final edition of the year coming next week).

But I also want to thank everyone on the forum for enabling us to produce a fanzine in the first place. DEM Blades is coupled to the existence of S24SU. I posted my first blog on here after our first game back in the championship. I'd lurked on the forum for years without posting, but something compelled me to write a blog and stick it on here. That I ever did, is a testament to the community on here.

Being free to write what I want in that first blog, and having people that I know-but-don't-know telling me what was good or bad or funny or terrible was a very healthy thing — a tonic to the unchecked hype-machine of social media. I ended up writing weekly blogs which involved a character, Steve, talking about anything other than Sheffield United while attending the game. It was strange stuff.

But I ended up writing this blog after near enough every game. When I started, posting I was in a job I absolutely loathed. Now, I work as a writer. Cheesy as it will sound cringe alarm I don't think I'd be doing what I do now without posting that first blog - it gave me a a lot of confidence to 'have a go'. Certainly, there would be no fanzine without the myriad of brilliant Blades on here who contributed to the first and subsequent editions - and hopefully in the future.

SO...thanks again to all who have commented on my blogs, bought a fanzine, subscribed, or just been good people on here, it is meant sincerely!

Ta Sam

It is definitely worth the money as it is clear the amount of hard work that goes into it. And for that I and I imagine all of us salute you.

I do have a question though. Was it you or someone in the dem blades team that used to the alternative commentaries? They were bloody hilarious. Just got me thinking after last night that you could have a field day with the game last night.

It is definitely worth the money as it is clear the amount of hard work that goes into it. And for that I and I imagine all of us salute you.

I do have a question though. Was it you or someone in the dem blades team that used to the alternative commentaries? They were bloody hilarious. Just got me thinking after last night that you could have a field day with the game last night.

Thanks pal!

It was me who made the videos, yes. And you're right, that Newcastle game would be ripe for picking in all the best/worst ways. I may, at some point, get around to doing a couple more again. Aware that there are a lot of them around, so don't want to do it to death. Out of interest, did you see it on Facebook or Twitter or on here?

Thanks pal!

It was me who made the videos, yes. And you're right, that Newcastle game would be ripe for picking in all the best/worst ways. I may, at some point, get around to doing a couple more again. Aware that there are a lot of them around, so don't want to do it to death. Out of interest, did you see it on Facebook or Twitter or on here?

Yeah I have seen a few of them doing the rounds tbf. It may have been Twitter when I first saw it but I can’t remember for sure. I’m sure I probably came across it on all 3 at some point tbh mate.

Yeah I have seen a few of them doing the rounds tbf. It may have been Twitter when I first saw it but I can’t remember for sure. I’m sure I probably came across it on all 3 at some point tbh mate.

Well, I will return to them at some point. Maybe an 'alternative look back at the decade just gone'.

Ordered, great work.

Cheers Caveblade, much appreciated.

Ordered my season ticket today. Best fanzine I've read.

(only one I've read but it ticks so many boxes for me)

Back
Top Bottom