A dose of realism.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
We are too far behind the top 2.

Automatic promotion has been out of reach since October, and i think we are still too far behind the top 2 to get anywhere near them.

As nice as it has been to get a win today, don't be under any illusions that we are going to go up automatically on the strength of todays win.

you was saying ?

Automatic promotion has been out of reach since October, and i think we are still too far behind the top 2 to get anywhere near them.

As nice as it has been to get a win today, don't be under any illusions that we are going to go up automatically on the strength of todays win.

Couldn't agree more. The annoying thing is, we finally seem to have signed a good striker. Imagine where we could be
if we signed Done in august?

True but there is still hope.

Just enjoy it and get pissed. Top two here we come.

win the two games in hand and it can be done
swindon have to play bristol yet

Yep for us to get top two 3 teams would have to fall to bits in spectacular fashion while we win every game. Great win today but still it's only one game, I do think a few on here are getting a bit carried away tonight.

Always look on the bright side of life de da de da de da de da.
It aint over till the fat lady sings.
Look what we did last year.
Course it nigh impossible.
But I have a dream. :)

So long as we don't call for cloughs head if we don't get top two then that's ok, I know it sounds a bit silly saying this tonight, but last week it was almost time to light the torches and march on nottingham...

Its a tall order, I dont think we'll do it, but why not go for it, and remember, always two things happen as the season closes..

1.. one of the front runners falls...

2.. a team comes from nowhare...

Hope its us....

I agree.

And this forum is ridiculous at times, a few days ago Clough out posts were everywhere and folks were talking about possible relegation. Now, an average home performance and an excellent away one and people are talking about top 2 again. Just calm down and see where the next few games take us.

Just enjoy the win! Also Swindon and MK Donalds dropped points today.

Hope springs eternal (for some of us)

We shouldn't be worrying about the top two, we can only do what we can do.
Best thing to do now is build more and more momentum and make sure that if we get in the play offs we arrive in them absolutely 100% on top of our game.

If the top three or four want to screw it up we'll take it, but getting into the play offs and arriving in them with 100% confidence is the main aim now.

Swindon have lost 3 of the last 4 and are sinking into oblivion. The more I look at this the more certain automatic promotion becomes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom