A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I couldn't be bothered to work my way through all this, but FFS, it's 2019, and there are more pressing issues in the world, and in football, to get stressed about. I'm not young, but this how the world is! I rarely buy owt in the ground anyway, as unreliable pies and warm plastic beer aren't really my thing, but if I do I'd be grateful for owt that speeds up the process!!!

No munneh , no pie. For that reason Im out .
I don't want to know how much Im spending or where Ive been , I just bung a load of notes in my pocket and then worry about it if they run out. Cashless facistess fuck off.
The sales of pies in the Crown are about to increase.

The bottom fill beer is ok. Not as quick as they make out in getting served although our staff do move at the speed of continental drift.

The amount of people that pushed the magnet at the bottom to see what would happen and then lose their whole pint on the floor was quite amusing.

I don't know if it's already been posted, but this was mentioned on TalkSport this morning by Trevor Sinclair, who was making a valid point, but then Jim White turned it into chaos, as is usually the case with any subject on TalkSport!

Not read all 11 pages of this thread so spare me the humiliation if someone has already suggested it, but if they made it possible to have a season ticket or membership card that could be topped up with cash then it would help solve the problem.

It might help sell more membership cards as well?

Way to go I think.

It’s not very often I buy anything at the Lane as I generally don’t have cash and I couldn’t pay buy card. So if I was going to buy anything it would be at a shop nearby that accepts card.

So now it’s contactless, I’m far more likely to buy something. That’s a few quid they are going to make out of me at least!

It’s not very often I buy anything at the Lane as I generally don’t have cash and I couldn’t pay buy card. So if I was going to buy anything it would be at a shop nearby that accepts card.

So now it’s contactless, I’m far more likely to buy something. That’s a few quid they are going to make out of me at least!

Club patsy......

:cool:

Good news. Hopefully will speed up my half-time pint especially if we're also having the bottom up pints. Your decision if you want to only use cash but you won't be buying anything in the ground you'll just have to survive. If the terminals fail one match we'll all have to survive. I like my half-time pint it's just part of the tradition for myself and my mates but it's not vital. If United announced they were getting rid of all match day catering I really wouldn't give a fuck to be honest.

Good news. Hopefully will speed up my half-time pint especially if we're also having the bottom up pints. Your decision if you want to only use cash but you won't be buying anything in the ground you'll just have to survive. If the terminals fail one match we'll all have to survive. I like my half-time pint it's just part of the tradition for myself and my mates but it's not vital. If United announced they were getting rid of all match day catering I really wouldn't give a fuck to be honest.

If the terminals fail, the club has invested in a robust fall-back system

$_3.jpeg

No munneh , no pie. For that reason Im out .
I don't want to know how much Im spending or where Ive been , I just bung a load of notes in my pocket and then worry about it if they run out. Cashless facistess fuck off.
The sales of pies in the Crown are about to increase.
21st century sitters.. please keep up :D

Bramall Lane Cashless Stadium

Hillsbro Classless Stadium

Chocolate crisps and pop 100 points so the kids can build up their points?

You're catching on. All the old duffers using cash have got enough points already and the kids pile into the snacks to acquire points. Extra sales, extra points everyone a winner, except the old codgers. It's everything the punters on here want

Not all foreign bank cards will work on UK systems. This isn't likely going to be a problem at the Lane if they go cashless, but it is a wider problem if society goes cashless, they will need to sort out a universal system.

Not all foreign bank cards will work on UK systems. This isn't likely going to be a problem at the Lane if they go cashless, but it is a wider problem if society goes cashless, they will need to sort out a universal system.
had some European guests in last week. they were pretty astonished that you could use NFC (contactless) for just about everything ;D (you can't in Euroland).. ironic really seeing as they worked on it's implementation

had some European guests in last week. they were pretty astonished that you could use NFC (contactless) for just about everything ;D (you can't in Euroland).. ironic really seeing as they worked on it's implementation
Germany is so far away from being cashless, it's funny to see all the above talking about cash being a thing of the past. People here walk around with wadges of cash, it took quite a while to get used to. Having a few 50s in my wallet is normal now, paying with a 50 is not a problem anywhere. Paying with a 100 is usually ok, a 200 can be tricky.

Not read all 11 pages of this thread so spare me the humiliation if someone has already suggested it, but if they made it possible to have a season ticket or membership card that could be topped up with cash then it would help solve the problem.

It might help sell more membership cards as well?

Way to go I think.

Pigs do that.....or use to anyway. Seems a sensible idea, especially if they'd allow you took upload it via online before setting off.

Back
Top Bottom