A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ainsley Harriott

Reaction score
Exactly this.

I draw cash at the station on my way to the game, spend a chunk of it in the pub and it takes seconds to count what I have left so I know exactly what I've spent.

Maybe it's just the bankers in us.
Bankers who like to keep track of where money is going? Where were you when the bankers were sending the country to shit?

Smirth

Reaction score
Smirth we are in Asda a couple of years ago and tills failed for cards, people left shopping and had to dash for money from ATM if the system fails as it will, the only fall back is cash. I don't give a bollox it's 2019 yes we move on but we don't forget our past and heritage, something this country and it's young are fucking shit hot at forgetting.
So it’s happened to you once, 2 years ago and that means we shouldn’t bother modernising and using safer, more efficient payment methods?

Maidenhead

Reaction score
Bankers who like to keep track of where money is going? Where were you when the bankers were sending the country to shit?
Delivering the mail as a Royal Mail postie.

I fell out of love with banking when it stopped being a service industry and became an insurance sales business.

This was in 2004 and fortunately by then my family circumstances, and the fact that I had enough assets behind me to enable me to live mortgage free, and survive to a reasonable standard on about 25% of my previous income enabled me to make a lifestyle decision.

That was the outcome of a 5 year plan that commenced in 1999.

MobileBlade

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if 99 per cent of fans would find it easier without cash for a variety of reasons.
And ticket prices of £35 to £40 definitely doesn't make it easier for 99 per cent of fans.
99% of fans have not paid £35 to £40. Around 80% of fans have paid £23 or less.

Ainsley Harriott

Reaction score
Smirth we are in Asda a couple of years ago and tills failed for cards, people left shopping and had to dash for money from ATM if the system fails as it will, the only fall back is cash. I don't give a bollox it's 2019 yes we move on but we don't forget our past and heritage, something this country and it's young are fucking shit hot at forgetting.
If I remember rightly, that was a worldwide problem with visa. Not just asda. Yeah it happened, once, but it wasn't isolated to a football stadium that is open for 3 hours a week.

And if it Does fail, then fuck me, I'll miss my solitary half-time pint. Cry me a fuckin river.

TomJonesBlade

'What's the biggest room in your house?...'
Reaction score
Here's a picture of fans happy with this move:

View attachment 59813

Fuck me Sandra, I'm getting the best possible fan experience and it's fucking great.
They look happy, fed and watered. I'll have some of that.

Sheep don't understand English either, so we can tune out people fucking moaning.

Ainsley Harriott

Reaction score
Here's a picture of fans happy with this move:

View attachment 59813

Fuck me Sandra, I'm getting the best possible fan experience and it's fucking great.
I don't see how people who credit this move are sheep. Contactless is the way forward is normal modern society. There's a cafe near town Hall that takes just cards. Bet they shut down in a few days what with people not turning up....

Ainsley Harriott

Reaction score
They look happy, fed and watered. I'll have some of that.

Sheep don't understand English either, so we can tune out people fucking moaning.
Amen to that.

Furthermore, I don't even have to take a wallet to games any more. Season ticket in the back of my phone case and pay for ale on my phone. No more wallets going missing or getting nicked.

So it's better for security and pickpocketing.

Sabella's Socks

Dribbling
Reaction score
I don't see how people who credit this move are sheep. Contactless is the way forward is normal modern society. There's a cafe near town Hall that takes just cards. Bet they shut down in a few days what with people not turning up....
You want to pay contactless. Have at it.

I'm still not quite sure how forcing this on to everyone is delivering the best possible fan experience.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom