A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not everyone does and it's well known there are concerns about the move away from cash for poorer and older people.
But we're in the Premier League, charge £40 a ticket and who gives a flying now?

Not everyone, but the vast majority. Ring the bank and get one. Its free. This will save time all over the ground. Great move.

Cutlery Works (in Sheffield) is cashless. It's the way things are moving. Who carries shit loads of cash? Twattin about waiting for folk to count shrapnel etc fcks off the majority.

It may well be the way things are moving but not everyone is ready for cashless and why would anyone necessarily being carrying shit loads of cash?
I've never been to the Cutlery Works but I've a feeling it charges a lot for ale. Then again, I still buy a round in cash down Chessie Road and don't have to take out a loan to pay for it.

People who've been going eons will struggle at first but less and less carry cash now, if I go out to pub now and then with son & SIL I say to bloke have you got that "wavey davey" thing (contactless). I've always loved money in my pocket but goes back to 60's when say changed a 1 bob, you'd walk down road jangling all the pennies in your pocket.

Cutlery Works (in Sheffield) is cashless. It's the way things are moving. Who carries shit loads of cash? Twattin about waiting for folk to count shrapnel etc fcks off the majority.
Don't know what you're on about. I went into the co-op other day and bought the mrs a box of Ferrerro Rochers with the 5p's I've been saving up for about the last 5 years. She doesn't know how lucky she is.

It may well be the way things are moving but not everyone is ready for cashless and why would anyone necessarily being carrying shit loads of cash?
I've never been to the Cutlery Works but I've a feeling it charges a lot for ale. Then again, I still buy a round in cash down Chessie Road and don't have to take out a loan to pay for it.

Get a mate to buy you one on their card and you can buy a round with cash after the game.

Pretty much the only reason I ever get cash out these days is to buy a pint at the Lane. I have very little reason to do so at any other time. Contactless has been around for at least three years. If you're not ready for it now, I don't really know what to suggest.

I'm not on a tight budget but I'm with Dkc on this one.

I like to know what I'm spending and having cash makes it easy to do that.

After 2 hrs of waving a card in a bar I won't have a clue what I've spent.

Edit: if any of my mates jump on this and say I never spend owt they may suddenly discover that I don't, well not on them anyway 🤣

I do feel they're should be the option but not in my contactless line.
My thought is that they would make more money by accepting cash but i wonder if it's because of a partnership deal with Visa which means that each transaction the club takes, Visa make money from that sale etc.

Now on TalkSport. Are their researchers reading this forum?

If that's your worry, Monzo is your friend.

A Monzo card sends you a notification of how much you've spent immediately after you've spent it, and tots up what you've spent for the day on the app so you can keep track. Free to do and piss easy to sign-up. In fact, if you get someone to refer you, both of you get a free fiver to spend.

Anyone thought this might be a Premier League stipulation rather than something the Club has done? Much like the hard-wiring etc?

If that's your worry, Monzo is your friend.

A Monzo card sends you a notification of how much you've spent immediately after you've spent it, and tots up what you've spent for the day on the app so you can keep track. Free to do and piss easy to sign-up. In fact, if you get someone to refer you, both of you get a free fiver to spend.
But you’d have to set up mobile banking on your phone for that which judging by a lot of comments I’ve seen will really blow people’s minds.

In the past we have seen drinks and food at £2.50, £3.00, £3.50 etc, it makes sense cos of the change issue, makes it easier.

You just accept it, now its contactless, it dont matter if its £1.78 or £2.89 - no change to come back

If the Vendor, being SUFC or Compass Catering are also seeing other benefits, no Cash Handing, Security, quicker for them as well as us ......

Shouldn't some of these savings, plus the rounding up of prices be passed back to us ?

In all honesty let's face it, we'll end up being a cashless society, I mean we get/god paid into banks now't beat getting a pay packet something strangely satisfying about it.

People who've been going eons will struggle at first but less and less carry cash now, if I go out to pub now and then with son & SIL I say to bloke have you got that "wavey davey" thing (contactless). I've always loved money in my pocket but goes back to 60's when say changed a 1 bob, you'd walk down road jangling all the pennies in your pocket.
But that was when the jangling pennies were enough to buy something with.
Nowadays jangling pennies are only useful for avoiding more jangling pennies when you use cash for transactions.

But you’d have to set up mobile banking on your phone for that which judging by a lot of comments I’ve seen will really blow people’s minds.

Joe Blade: "Club's always stuck int past, we need to move forrad"

SUFC: "We're introducing a cashless system to ease queue congestion and speed up sales"

Joe Blade: "WHOAAAA 'ang on. Don't like change, me"

🤷‍♂️

Make it difficult for fans to buy tickets and make it difficult for fans to buy stuff in the stadium.
United seem to be desperate to live in a shiny new Premier League world rather than remembering the club still resides in the city of Sheffield.

It’s not really making it difficult though is it - in fact for 99% of fans it’s making it easier.

Edit: if any of my mates jump on this and say I never spend owt they may suddenly discover that I don't, well not on them anyway 🤣
Legally, they have to give you a receipt if you ask for one.

Have the club taken food and drink sales
back in house?

I think we could still get a situation where someone buys 4 pies, 3 bags crisps, 3 Bovril's and then get's money out, staff what do they do then put stuff back there has to be contingency surely.

Back
Top Bottom