A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BushBlade

We are Premier League
Reaction score
I actually mentioned this at work today. I get my airline tickets on my phone now and simply scan that to get on. If I were to get the same thing on my phone for my season ticket I would be able to take just my phone to a game and get everything I needed. It would be awesome.
I was going to do that but went old school and printed them out. Which was fortunate as I went swimming with my phone in my pocket.

bromtom

Reaction score
This is one moan to far, if you're outraged by this there's no helping you.

If it was your local supermarket or something then yeah, but it's a football ground, there's about a half hour period, bit before, and during half time, where you are likely to buy things. The most important thing is speed, contactless takes a couple of seconds, removes you counting cash or looking in your wallet, and removes the person serving counting change.

I don't get the "poorer people don't like contactless" comes from, I'm a poorer person (poor as balls m8) and I use it exclusively unless someone gives me real money for some reason, but my money is all spent online or with contactless payments.

People act as though 30,000 people are going to inconvenienced and we should revolt, but really, probably 50% don't even buy anything in the ground, and 45% don't give a toss and are quite happy to use contactless like they do everywhere else in the world.

The prices are the issue, not the form of payment.

metalblade

Something's got to give
Reaction score
I can't see this speeding things up much, we will still have some muppet walking to the other end of the kiosk to get your pie only to find they have brought you the wrong one ............................. repeat, then another muppet gives the pie to you as you pay. It won't make pints of lager pour faster either.

Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered to work my way through all this, but FFS, it's 2019, and there are more pressing issues in the world, and in football, to get stressed about. I'm not young, but this how the world is! I rarely buy owt in the ground anyway, as unreliable pies and warm plastic beer aren't really my thing, but if I do I'd be grateful for owt that speeds up the process!!!

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
No munneh , no pie. For that reason Im out .
I don't want to know how much Im spending or where Ive been , I just bung a load of notes in my pocket and then worry about it if they run out. Cashless facistess fuck off.
The sales of pies in the Crown are about to increase.

AnotherSpur

Reaction score

The bottom fill beer is ok. Not as quick as they make out in getting served although our staff do move at the speed of continental drift.

The amount of people that pushed the magnet at the bottom to see what would happen and then lose their whole pint on the floor was quite amusing.

Tynemouth Blade

Old enough to know better!
Reaction score
I don't know if it's already been posted, but this was mentioned on TalkSport this morning by Trevor Sinclair, who was making a valid point, but then Jim White turned it into chaos, as is usually the case with any subject on TalkSport!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom