7th Place.......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Arsenal deserved the cup, much the better side on the night as Chelsea only turned up for the 1st 10 minutes.
True and I've been.very impressed with arsenals orignasitation and work ethic bit their play acting and cheating is obviously systematic

As much as I'd have loved us to get into Europe, I'm just glad we didn't finish a point from qualifying after what happened at Villa. That would have been so typically us and it would have given our desperate neighbours a straw to cling onto.

Looking back over the season, it’s funny how ourselves and Wolves are the top two in the ‘VAR decisions against table’. Even more ironic than we have both missed out on Europe in second and first place, as the best of the rest.

Looking back over the season, it’s funny how ourselves and Wolves are the top two in the ‘VAR decisions against table’. Even more ironic than we have both missed out on Europe in second and first place, as the best of the rest.
It takes a while to become accepted when you join any club. We can't expect privileges that are normally afforded only to the executive members to be given to us straight away. We will have to be patient and bide our time. But as long as we don't go around upsetting anyone, stealing their best players, or suing them in court over something, we will be accepted into the fold eventually. We have made a very good start, conducting ourselves, as a club, in exemplary fashion this season. It really has been a breath of fresh air that our basic football, played by a set of big, physical hard bastards, who rough you up, has brought to the Premier League this season.

Chuffing gutted we didn't finish higher than pigs.......gutted
Mortified
Crying in mi tea

"Dad can I turn telly right way up now....."

"Ohhh FFS..........."

So we didn't win the league!!??
WILDER OUT!

Yet out of a dozen or more decisons going against the two clubs, how many of those VAR decisons can you honestly look at and say that VAR made the wrong call? The offside toe goal at Spurs maybe, and obviously the goal at Villa Park which isn't counted as a VAR decision because they bottled making that call, but the rest?

Yet out of a dozen or more decisons going against the two clubs, how many of those VAR decisons can you honestly look at and say that VAR made the wrong call? The offside toe goal at Spurs maybe, and obviously the goal at Villa Park which isn't counted as a VAR decision because they bottled making that call, but the rest?
Apart from the assist by the ref at Man City. The second goal at home to Newcastle. The two disallowed goals at Brighton. The missed foul prior to Leicester’s second at Bramall Lane? The missed penalty appeal at home versus Southampton...

If Wolves win the Europa league then Spurs 6th place won't be good enough to get them European football next season.

How unlike us not to be in that position 😂

Two yellows cards that were not yellow cards resulted in a sending off that for reasons I dont understand didnt go to VAR.
The red card did get looked at by VAR as all such decisions do. It was deemed to be not a ‘clear and obvious error’ by the referee. Personally I thought the second yellow was very harsh but the 1st was definitely warranted. The ‘elbow’ into Giroud’s back was barely anything.
It would only have been looked at by VAR to see if it should have been a straight red card. They can only review straight red cards, so they can’t tell a referee that a yellow card should be rescinded. A red card for two bookings cannot be overturned by VAR.

The FA Cup had the same four categories of VAR review as the PL:
  • goal/no goal
  • penalty/no penalty
  • direct red card (not second caution)
  • mistaken identity when the referee cautions or sends off the wrong player of the offending team

If they did review red cards for two bookings it raises the question of whether to review the second yellow or both, but that debate is probably for another thread.

Apart from the assist by the ref at Man City. The second goal at home to Newcastle. The two disallowed goals at Brighton. The missed foul prior to Leicester’s second at Bramall Lane? The missed penalty appeal at home versus Southampton...
Brian said 'how many of those VAR decisons can you honestly look at and say that VAR made the wrong call?'

Brian said 'how many of those VAR decisons can you honestly look at and say that VAR made the wrong call?'
Well, VAR was used to check each of those goals mentioned; so all of them.

Certainly no arguments with the Brighton goals, one clear handball and one a mile offside.

Is it just me that thinks the FA cup final result was a forgone conclusion? You just knew Arsenal would win it. Who we got in next seasons European Competitions now ...............
Liverpool
Man C
Man U
Chelsea
Leicester C
Spurs
Arsenal
Wolves miss out how fucking predictable. :( If you don't get in the top 6 they work it so the big clubs get in every year.

It does seem that way. :(

Am I wrong to feel relieved we didn’t get seventh place?
I know it’s cost about £5million but I would have been so pissed off today to have been pipped by Arsenal to a place in Europe.

I’d have been absolutely inconsolable. I would have had at least £100 on Arsenal to win the cup though, most likely placed at the semi final stage, if I thought we could have finished 7th.

Still prefer to lose it mind.

Back
Top Bottom