5th Round Opponents Reading or Cardiff away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As soon as Reading/Cardiff came out the hat I said yes please! We don't want a home tie against a team that sticks ten men behind the ball and makes it difficult. We have a superb away record and if we field a strong team then I expect us to be too much for either team. I'd rather play Reading out of the two, no doubt in front of about 17,000 and 3/4,000 of them will be our fans.

We ain't taking more than 1,000 to either Cardiff or Reading on a Weds night

Interestingly Cardiff play Reading at home in the league, 3 days before an identical fixture for the replay.

Good draw for us if you want to progress.
Win this one and we are one game from a game at Wembley.

Roy needs to do a view from Man City fans some of their comments about playing the Pigs are Hilarious;

"One of the best grounds in the Country"
" Ground capacity is 39,000 so we'll get 8,000 away allocation" 😀

That sense of entitlement since we played them doesn't seem to have diminished 😀.

Roy needs to do a view from Man City fans some of their comments about playing the Pigs are Hilarious;

"One of the best grounds in the Country"
" Ground capacity is 39,000 so we'll get 8,000 away allocation" 😀

That sense of entitlement since we played them doesn't seem to have diminished 😀.

"I'm a man city fan but I love Sheffield Wednesday"

...and that's just on porktalk

Cannot wait to see Man City’s kids put eight past them. See what the piggies say then after the shit they gave us for losing to their first team 😂
The very first Pork thoughts after the draw were that they must fill the Sty...not because a full house might give their shower a better chance of winning, but because the match will almost certainly be on TV and so they must show the viewing public just how well supported they are. Like anybody outside S6 gives a toss about their once a season decent turnout, they’re not right in the bloody head... weirdos. 😂

It will mate. I thought originally it was on the weekend. I can see us getting more if its at Reading than Cardiff. I've been to see us play in Cardiff on two occasions and it takes ages to get home; I kept going round in circles at abergavenny y fenni! That was on the way back from the 3 - 0 loss to Wolves also! What a day that was!
You big fenni.

Well Cardiff fans are happy reading fans aren't

Cardiff have an excellent recent record against us....suspect they’ll feel confiident
whereas Reading have a terrible recent record against us....suspect they feel they have little chance.

We’ve only won 1 game in our last 10 fixtures against Cardiff whereas
against Reading we’ve only lost 1 game in our last 10 fixtures...with us winning 8 from our last 10.

Basically Cardiff are our bogey team whereas we are Readings bogey team.

Last edited:
The very first Pork thoughts after the draw were that they must fill the Sty...not because a full house might give their shower a better chance of winning, but because the match will almost certainly be on TV and so they must show the viewing public just how well supported they are. Like anybody outside S6 gives a toss about their once a season decent turnout, they’re not right in the bloody head... weirdos. 😂

" Hope we get SAG sorted so we can get an attendance of around 34,000. That means we'll have the highest crowd in Sheffield this season "

Bless em they don't get out much 😀 😀.

Other than Chelsea v (maybe) Liverpool, I don’t think you could have picked duller games if you’d tried. So many potential belters, but not one drawn 🤷🏼‍♂️
We have a great chance here, cheslea v lpool is the best tie we couldve hoped for except for city lpool, hopefully chelsea knockout lpool and then face city, we would have one of the best chances in years to win the cup

Boring draw really but a good one at the same time, would back us to win comfortably against either of them

Are the semi’s played at Wembley?
Yes, so 'one game from Wembley' means 'one game from the semi final' thus still three games away from winning the Cup.

Going to Wembley for a semi is bollocks. There's nothing 'magic' about going to a big stadium in London where everything costs a fortune for a semi final. We've been there enough times in recent years (and always lost). And even if you win, you've won nothing except got through to the final round which is held at, you guessed it, Wembley Stadium.

I can't tell you how happy I am with that draw. hopefully more Reading than Cardiff. as they were hopeless last season I don't know how rotherham finished below them last season but to only beat them to be 1 game from wembley. nearly punched air in delight it's not horrible journey couldn't ask for better

even better we have to cheer on Aston villa tomorrow. because if they win our game is postponed & we have a free week from Brighton 21st to reading/cardiff 5th march. so we can play the full strength team. with no worries

Reactions: Dkc
just because it become tradition my 5th rd tv predictions

BBC
Northampton/Derby v Man Utd
Chelsea v Shrewsbury or Liverpool

BT
Sheffield Wed v Man City
Portsmouth v Arsenal

BT will surely show everything on their 3734 channels given there's no Saturday 3pm bullshit

" Hope we get SAG sorted so we can get an attendance of around 34,000. That means we'll have the highest crowd in Sheffield this season "

Sorry to disappoint the little piggy but Man city have the right to claim 15% of capacity or 5100 if they allow 34,000 in which SAG will not do so at most 28900 pigs for what will be their cup final. May as well give Man City all the tickets or the sty will be empty 30mins in

I can't tell you how happy I am with that draw. hopefully more Reading than Cardiff. as they were hopeless last season I don't know how rotherham finished below them last season but to only beat them to be 1 game from wembley. nearly punched air in delight it's not horrible journey couldn't ask for better

even better we have to cheer on Aston villa tomorrow. because if they win our game is postponed & we have a free week from Brighton 21st to reading/cardiff 5th march. so we can play the full strength team. with no worries
Ain't a bad draw for you, at all. Gotta think the Q/F's a real possibility now.

Back
Top Bottom