5th round fixture

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not read any of this thread but just backed us at 33/1 to win a grand. Seems like good odds to me as I'm pretty sure we will make the quarters then we are only a.couple of games away from Wembley

Prince @raul has already done that feeble joke.

Second!

Wow.......

Keep it under your hat, but most of them on here are a bit dim and will laugh at anything.

If the Simonsen's pen/ fax machine /selling Duffy for the Desso jokes can keep going years after the event, then surely we can take the piss out of you for more than a few hours?

Anyhow, your 'it won't happen again apology' needed highlighting. Ideally by someone funnier than me apparently.....

Many readers of vos Savant's column refused to believe switching is beneficial despite her explanation. After the problem appeared in Parade, approximately 10,000 readers, including nearly 1,000 with PhDs, wrote to the magazine, most of them claiming vos Savant was wrong (Tierney 1991). Even when given explanations, simulations, and formal mathematical proofs, many people still do not accept that switching is the best strategy (vos Savant 1991a). Paul Erdős, one of the most prolific mathematicians in history, remained unconvinced until he was shown a computer simulation demonstrating vos Savant’s predicted result (Vazsonyi 1999).

It happens to the best of us......

I've had it explained (without shouting 1/15 1/15 1/15 aggressively or typing p and numbers many times.) not only as to where I went wrong but why and the reasoning behind my error. Which l did ask for yesterday evening.

I was clearly wrong.

As a wise man might say, "glistens, fucking glistens"
I realise that this is now completely non Blades related, but that Monty Hall problem is really interesting (to me at least).

I realise that this is now completely non Blades related, but that Monty Hall problem is really interesting (to me at least).
Yeah. The way I see it, if your first choice was a 1 in 3, you’re more likely to have got it wrong than you are right. So, if you’re more likely to have got it wrong and you eliminate one of the other options, the one left is the most probable winner.

Yeah. The way I see it, if your first choice was a 1 in 3, you’re more likely to have got it wrong than you are right. So, if you’re more likely to have got it wrong and you eliminate one of the other options, the one left is the most probable winner.

You sure, only......

:(

That's right, and is a very neat and simple explanation - as counter-intuitive as it is.

Back
Top Bottom