4-5-1 formation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
We know it'll never happen, but it should. 4-5-1. I'd be really surprised if Verrips is worse than Ramsdale. Clearly Ampadu is not for us. It's the best formation we have available for the players we have. Why play with 2 upfront when we never get the ball that far? You just put yourself at an instant disadvantage in midfield. Got to have more of the ball in midfield first and build up from that with more possession and more chances.

Verrips

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Stevens

Bogle .- Lundstram - Fleck - Osborn
McGoldrick

Burke​

We know it'll never happen, but it should. 4-5-1. I'd be really surprised if Verrips is worse than Ramsdale. Clearly Ampadu is not for us. It's the best formation we have available for the players we have. Why play with 2 upfront when we never get the ball that far? You just put yourself at an instant disadvantage in midfield. Got to have more of the ball in midfield first and build up from that with more possession and more chances.

Verrips

McGoldrick

Burke​
Burke looks fucked off playing in a 2, he’d be suicidal on his own.

Not a bad line up that.

Except I'd replace Lundstram with, well.....anything really.

Black and Decker workbench, inflatable kids swimming pool, my old mattress, filing cabinet. Plenty of viable alternatives really.

Nope, he'd actually get more of the ball and more service from midfield.
He’d also be wasting his energy chasing between defenders. The only way a 4-5-1 works is if the whole team presses, we haven’t got a good press in us at the moment.

If not then you end up just telling the forward to conserve his energy for the scraps that come his way and not chasing the defenders down. The whole team drops deeper and we invite them on. It’s another method of getting the same end result in my opinion.

Stevens is useless as LCB/LB in a 3/4 at the back. Every time he has played in the back 3, he's cost us goals.

Not a bad line up that.

Black and Decker workbench, inflatable kids swimming pool, my old mattress, filing cabinet. Plenty of viable alternatives really.
Maybe Lundstum could get an Italian World War II tank.

Not a bad line up that.

We've already got a filing cabinet but it's spelled......N o r w o o d. Mebbe your old mattress could go in goal if it's got some spring left in it😉

It would be helpful if he parked it on the goal line.
No need for anyone to flap at anything then - even a cross or a header.

We've already got a filing cabinet but it's spelled......N o r w o o d. Mebbe your old mattress could go in goal if it's got some spring left in it😉

Already on it.

"I'm delighted to announce that I've signed a four year contract at Sheffield United. I promise not to turn into a monumental bellend and if the club decides to sign another midfielder, and to continue fulfilling my job description, which I'm generously remunerated for"

20210117_200157.jpg

Already on it.

"I'm delighted to announce that I've signed a four year contract at Sheffield United. I promise not to turn into a monumental bellend and if the club decides to sign another midfielder, and to continue fulfilling my job description, which I'm generously remunerated for"

View attachment 103345
Oo it's clearly a Blade n all. 😆

Not a bad line up that.

lundstrum played today like he has all season he dunt give a f***k its like playing with 10 men every game big wilder fan but im sorry he should have brought 2 more midfielders in and frozen lundstrum out

Already on it.

View attachment 103345
Is that you Ollie?

lundstrum played today like he has all season he dunt give a f***k its like playing with 10 men every game big wilder fan but im sorry he should have brought 2 more midfielders in and frozen lundstrum out
Totally agree, he shouldve sent him to the reserves permanently after the Brighton match in my opinion.

Fuck it we are down now, lets go 3-3-4 and have a laugh.

Not a bad line up that.

Replace Lunstrome ? He's our only midfield player with legs.
Maybe not technically great but he ticks most of the other boxes needed to play in the premiership. Only player on our books apart from Basham who can get around the pitch,unfortunately Bash cant be in two places at once.

Replace Lunstrome ? He's our only midfield player with legs.
Maybe not technically great but he ticks most of the other boxes needed to play in the premiership. Only player on our books apart from Basham who can get around the pitch,unfortunately Bash cant be in two places at once.
For half of last season I would've agreed, he was like a new signing. Unfortunately, since he got the titty lip over us signing Sander Berge, he's a deadweight and a borderline liability as far as I can tell.

Verrips

McGoldrick

Burke​
To me that would be a 4-4-1-1 but yeah that can turn into 4-5-1 or 4-3-3

To me that would be a 4-4-1-1 but yeah that can turn into 4-5-1 or 4-3-3
leicester are playing 433 tonight against chelsea but as soon as they lose possesion they revert to 451 then spring back to 433 when they get possesion back its not rocket science but were just obsessed with this 532 rigid set up far too easy to play against cmon chris be a bit more innovative please

Already on it.

View attachment 103345

Quinns half brother, Quilt.

Verrips

McGoldrick

Burke​
Burke would be better cutting in from the wing. I would have Burke in place of Osborn and Brewster as CF

Not saying it’s wrong but just don’t think we have players to play with one upfront
possibly not but we also havent got the creative midfielders to provide chances for a front 2 so dont see the point put an extra body in midfield and we would at least have more possesion then you can get 1 or 2 up in support of the lone striker in any case if chris is still here i think we will be back to the 3-4-1-2 system again next season in the championship

Back
Top Bottom