All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
Was thinking surely it must be a sell out 32k but we only got just over 30k! Palace brought more than i thought so was it just empty seats or dosent the segregation allow us the full capacity anymore?

Palace didn't sell out, first two rows of BLUT and few in top corner of BLUT empty , would seem right.

When a certain amount of people, (ie the additional 2500) have to have 500 loyalty points or they can't buy a ticket what do you expect.

When our attendances have been anywhere between 19,000 and 26,000 since leaving the Premier League last time, where are the extra fans going to get the loyalty points from ? I had two friends that wanted to go, they are casual fans yes, maybe not even strong casual fans, but they wanted to go and couldn't buy a ticket.

When a certain amount of people, (ie the additional 2500) have to have 500 loyalty points or they can't buy a ticket what do you expect.

When our attendances have been anywhere between 19,000 and 26,000 since leaving the Premier League last time, where are the extra fans going to get the loyalty points from ? I had two friends that wanted to go, they are casual fans yes, maybe not even strong casual fans, but they wanted to go and couldn't buy a ticket.

They could. 0 points needed since last Thursday!

Lots of empty seats around me on the Bramall Lane end. TV may have had an effect on casual fans. Also a few guys I know didn't go as they also thought they needed 500 points to get a ticket. Club needs to sort this out, make membership worthwhile, allocate a lot of points for the cup game or communicate effectively when you can buy a ticket without the 500 points.

Seems lots on the kop wing didn't go on sale by the TV studios. Was announced as sold out in that area online.

Was sat in south stand so couldn't see, wondered if the new media centre between kop and SS impedes any A blockers' view ?

It went to general sale.
Anyone who wanted to go could have.

Can't blame anyone for not doing though, £35 is a lot of money when you can watch it in the pub for free.
Over 30,000 when it's on TV is a good effort.

agreed. club could have been a bit clearer to avoid misinformation etc. Work in progress though.

It went to general sale.
Anyone who wanted to go could have.

Can't blame anyone for not doing though, £35 is a lot of money when you can watch it in the pub for free.
Over 30,000 when it's on TV is a good effort.

My dad couldn't get a ticket for the Kop to stand with us so he sat in the Streetwise corner. Showed me his ticket and saw that he'd paid £41 for it. My eyes watered.

Makes me even more glad to have a season ticket from a purely selfish point of view. However, £41 for Palace at home in a pretty crap stand is highly questionable.

agreed. club could have been a bit clearer to avoid misinformation etc. Work in progress though.

yeah the first few games will be a learning curve with regards to how many tickets we sell. Be interesting to see if the attendance is higher next week. Not on Sky & Leicester apparently sold out, so it should be. Just wonder if the novelty of 1st game back in the Prem drew a lot of the day trippers in...

Would you like to look for another stick to bash the club with? The one you've used is covered in (bull)shit.

yeah the first few games will be a learning curve with regards to how many tickets we sell. Be interesting to see if the attendance is higher next week. Not on Sky & Leicester apparently sold out, so it should be. Just wonder if the novelty of 1st game back in the Prem drew a lot of the day trippers in...

i expect a higher gate next week. as well as far tougher match

My dad couldn't get a ticket for the Kop to stand with us so he sat in the Streetwise corner. Showed me his ticket and saw that he'd paid £41 for it. My eyes watered.

You do know that standing is not allowed? As isn't vaping or using cash. 😂

I go in the middle of the SS and felt a bit left out as it seemed I was the only one not wearing a 'security pass' lanyard. Do you need one to go for a piss?

Makes me even more glad to have a season ticket from a purely selfish point of view. However, £41 for Palace at home in a pretty crap stand is highly questionable.

Agreed. Got a season ticket so myself, but being a tight bastard there's no way I'd pay £40 for a match that's on TV, can't justify it.

Yeah Leicester should have beat Chelsea on Sunday by all accounts. Got a seriously good team, should cause us a hell of a lot more problems than Palace did...
watched MOT2 this morn - 2nd half leic created a lot! Chelsea couldn't cope at times.

The casual fan cannot get a ticket
Even general sale is for 500 loyalty point holders

The answer was in your original post. You said we had anything between 19,000 to 26,000 attendances since we got relegated in 2007.

Let's over egg it and take the top end, 26,000. Lets say 5000 tickets available due to segregation etc.

23 home games a season, for 12 seasons with 5000 tickets available.

The casual fan has had 1,380,000 chances to obtain a ticket (more if we used actual attendances). If they took two or three of those chances they'd be able to get a ticket. And that's not accounting for away games, cup ties etc.

From the BLUT, there were plenty of empty seats in the Kop corner, presumably restricted view. Also on the Kop on the JSS side and also the front few rows of JSS G and H Block.

The answer was in your original post. You said we had anything between 19,000 to 26,000 attendances since we got relegated in 2007.

Let's over egg it and take the top end, 26,000. Lets say 5000 tickets available due to segregation etc.

23 home games a season, for 12 seasons with 5000 tickets available.

The casual fan has had 1,380,000 chances to obtain a ticket (more if we used actual attendances). If they took two or three of those chances they'd be able to get a ticket. And that's not accounting for away games, cup ties etc.

It doesn't work that way
The maximum number of people with loyalty points will still be 26000

If people only want to watch Premier League football that's their right and their business

We're not the only club on the planet with casual fans

They shouldn't have obstacles put in their way if they want a ticket, especially spare tickets that are not sold anyway.

Think we've got quite a few undercover Porkers on here commenting that the attendance was low. On Friday evening we had 658 seats available, many of which were restricted view and in crap places. With all the messing about I can understand a few watching it on Sky. Don't think the attendance at the Lane now is over 32000.
Just checked the Pigs attendances when they last got back to the top division. 3 out of their 5 first attendances were under 30000 in a ground that held 39000. Finished 3rd behind Man U and Leeds and still couldn't average 30000. So you Pigs on here, go fuck off.

It doesn't work that way
The maximum number of people with loyalty points will still be 26000

If people only want to watch Premier League football that's their right and their business

We're not the only club on the planet with casual fans

They shouldn't have obstacles put in their way if they want a ticket, especially spare tickets that are not sold anyway.

There was no loyalty point requirement from Thursday onwards, none, zip, nada, zero.

Back
Top Bottom