3 Loans in January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not sure we should go for 3 I’d rather just have one exceptional player, the team is playing well as a unit it might upset our style to change to many players mid season
I agree.
There is definatley room for improvement down the right hand side but a quality striker and a quality, creative midfielder to compete with Duffy and I will be happy. I don't want massive changes either.
Dowell and Defoe would be ideal.
Zahore at the end of Jan would be a nice extra.

I’m not sure we should go for 3 I’d rather just have one exceptional player, the team is playing well as a unit it might upset our style to change to many players mid season

Personally, I think the squad is far more than 1 player away from being good enough. I take your point about potentially upsetting the balance but I disagree when you say the team is playing well - look at the last 10 games and tell me how many good performances there have been - 3, possibly 4. Also compare Utd's bench with WBA's last week - chalk and cheese.

If Utd are going to have a realistic chance of making the top 6, 3 signings would be the absolute min I think are needed.

Yes he can play right back too

Get your point but to translate that into him being able to play RWB in our system feels like a bit of a stretch. Those that do well there tend to be more right backs (or even right wingers) by trade, rather than people able to cover centre back and right back. But maybe he's the exception. Not seen enough of him.

I would take a stab at the one we may have to wait on until later in the window is Shane Long, probably waiting to see what his new gaffer has planned for this window.

If he can play there, that'd be great. Might be a stretch for him though being a natural CB.
Holgate will be JOCs replacement with JOCs sale funding the wages of the 3 loan players.

Holgate will be JOCs replacement with JOCs sale funding the wages of the 3 loan players.
A right sided centre back replacing a left sided centre back under Wilder? Not happening.

Where's O'Connell going anyway? Brighton have Dan Burn joining, they signed him after we rejected their O'Connell bids in the summer.

A right sided centre back replacing a left sided centre back under Wilder? Not happening.

Where's O'Connell going anyway? Brighton have Dan Burn joining, they signed him after we rejected their O'Connell bids in the summer.

That sort of joined up thinking is not a strong point for many on here

That sort of joined up thinking is not a strong point for many on here

Define 'many' holier than thou man?

It surprises me you waste your time with all the plebs on here.

Define 'many' holier than thou man?

It surprises me you waste your time with all the plebs on here.

Wow, someone seems to have taken that to heart. I do apologise if I’ve upset you but you shouldn’t take things so seriously.

Chill out, it’s Christmas

We have our style of play already set up
We can bring in 11 new players that play a similar style to our existing players but be better at it
Then nothing will be upset

Once you have your playing style sorted you buy players that can fit into it and don't be constantly trying to reinvent the wheel because it hasn't worked for a few games

We have our style of play already set up
We can bring in 11 new players that play a similar style to our existing players but be better at it
Then nothing will be upset

Once you have your playing style sorted you buy players that can fit into it and don't be constantly trying to reinvent the wheel because it hasn't worked for a few games

Precisely. Some are yearning for a different ‘style’ of play. It’s called ‘hoof’ and it’s grotesque but bizarrely revered in S2. They pop their heads over the parapet every time we dare to lose a game.

B194EE8A-4CD9-41CD-AB18-B32E39ED9B6F.jpeg

Precisely. Some are yearning for a different ‘style’ of play. It’s called ‘hoof’ and it’s grotesque but bizarrely revered in S2. They pop their heads over the parapet every time we dare to lose a game.

View attachment 47289
They're not really though are they ?
You've just sort of made that up haven't you ?

Plan B, mix it up, stopfannyinabaht and gerritforrardquicker are amongst the customary euphemisms. That idiot Edwards has become one of the standard bearers on amateur radio and Knill has to put one of their fucking stupid hacks in his place when he adopted that line of ‘thinking’ after the Ipswich game.

Plan B, mix it up, stopfannyinabaht and gerritforrardquicker are amongst the customary euphemisms. That idiot Edwards has become one of the standard bearers on amateur radio and Knill has to put one of their fucking stupid hacks in his place when he adopted that line of ‘thinking’ after the Ipswich game.
Does that include the manager who.signed a 6 foot 5 striker last season when our promotion push stuttered?

Soz Pinch, but even football's greatest managers i.e. Alex Ferguson used to mix it up now and again. It's pointless playing the same way every game for 90 minutes as you become predictable and get sussed out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom