2020/21 Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JayGreen17

Reaction score
Now that we’re safe officially we can start to look forward.

was just thinking when would be feasible to start the new season? and do we think we might see some fans being allowed back into stadiums.

im thinking the new season will start mid Sept, with some fans back in the grounds. Maybe 20% capacity.

yeah pretty sure it's planned to start 12th september. who knows if fans will be there

was just thinking when would be feasible to start the new season? and do we think we might see some fans being allowed back into stadiums.

im thinking the new season will start mid Sept, with some fans back in the grounds. Maybe 20% capacity.
How do you get to 20% capacity when we sell 26000 season tickets??
Who chooses who's allowed in and who isn't??

How do you get to 20% capacity when we sell 26000 season tickets??
Who chooses who's allowed in and who isn't??

Random draw of ST and Membership holders for every match that's reduced capacity? ST people just get the seat, members are offered a ticket to purchase.

It's likely if there's reduced capacity your existing seat would be irrelevant anyway, as they'd put people wherever has the best access/ most bogs/ look on camera (basically bottom of the Kop and John Street I'd imagine, I think people would understand surely?

Random draw of ST and Membership holders for every match that's reduced capacity? ST people just get the seat, members are offered a ticket to purchase.

It's likely if there's reduced capacity your existing seat would be irrelevant anyway, as they'd put people wherever has the best access/ most bogs/ look on camera (basically bottom of the Kop and John Street I'd imagine, I think people would understand surely?
Im sure they wouldnt!
You'll get the 50000+ pointers missing games, and new members, not even ST holders in their place, can you imagine the shit storm.

Said it before. All back or nobody back.

I think the players would appreciate even a few thousand fans getting behind them over 0, and I'd be fine with missing games knowing at least someone is getting behind them. It's still a shite situation, but I'd rather listen to a cluster of fans actually reacting than some dodgy crowd noise from FIFA on a 2 second delay.

I think the players would appreciate even a few thousand fans getting behind them over 0, and I'd be fine with missing games knowing at least someone is getting behind them. It's still a shite situation, but I'd rather listen to a cluster of fans actually reacting than some dodgy crowd noise from FIFA on a 2 second delay.

And if they just gave tickets to those in John Street?

:)

Third week in September is looking like the return date but will still be behind closed doors.

i think 10% Fan capacity by Xmas is the best we can expect dependent on the test and trace app Working and no second spike, 30% capacity by the end of next season.

Full grounds aren’t coming back until a vaccine or cure.

Appreciate the thinking behind it, it's not going to happen though. No realistic practical, workable way that club and fans would get behind it. It will be January on (for example) when they open up to everybody.

Third week in September is looking like the return date but will still be behind closed doors.

i think 10% Fan capacity by Xmas is the best we can expect dependent on the test and trace app Working and no second spike, 30% capacity by the end of next season.

Full grounds aren’t coming back until a vaccine or cure.

No cure that won’t happen and a vaccine will reduce the R to levels meaning a “new” normal

That should be early next year but then everyone has to have it so time to get volume to the masses

unless we have a miracle of the virus mutating to a less problematic one or it dying then I doubt we will be in a packed ground before April

September to April it’s going to be 30-75% capacity at best

Thats without a second wave

All the club have to do is tell the authorities that they are holding a protest against inequalities or hosting a soho style outdoor drinking event and we can ram more people in than normal.

Cricket seems to think they can have some % of crowds in by August which feels optimistic to me but I suspect they have been tipped off that's the plan.

It will be a while until all fans are let back in so while it's not ideal crowds will be let back in with a small percentage just to get money in especially in lower leagues.

And seeing as how champions league and Europa League goes on all of August it'll be some time in September.

This is where my loyalty points will really come into their own 💪

Assuming we won’t be able to go back next season, I’d be happy to buy a Blades TV season ticket so I could watch all our games (home and away) live. I’m sure Sky or someone could come up with such a package.

Although this sounds a good solution, my worry would be that this would open the door to the top clubs selling their own TV rights. E.g. Man U sell 10x the TV Season Tickets as us and start demanding a bigger slice of the pie from Sky/BT.

Back
Top Bottom