CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I share your love of the River Plate style, such that I drafted up this last season...

s25sae.jpg
That with Laver as kit sponsor would be mint

Don't we just get the previous seasons juventus kit in red and white instead of black and white, think that's how the machine works at addidas, they only seem to do bespoke kits for the big teams then the smaller ones just get a version.of it in there own colours the year after. Striped ones based on juventus plain ones based on bayern/madrid as far as I can tell.
We’ve had adidas for 5 seasons now, why do people still think this is how it works. Apart from the first year when it was rushed, we’ve had our own unique shirt every time.

Who in their right mind sanctioned that absolute monstrosity of a fckn shirt. I live in the absolute certainty that we'll never ever dress in anything near that. Still makes me shudder...I mean c'mon...wtf?
I think it was Harry.

We’ve had adidas for 5 seasons now, why do people still think this is how it works. Apart from the first year when it was rushed, we’ve had our own unique shirt every time.

There's always an underlying template. Our first Championship season our shirt was the same as Bayern Munich's, our away shirt was a Tiro 17 template kit like most Adidas teams. This season our away kit is a Condivo 18 template kit, and the home is the same as a lot of other striped teams but with different colours.

Only teams like Man U, Real, Bayern, and Arsenal next season will get custom jobs from Adidas. It's no bad thing though as long as we get to pick the nicest one. The Bayern based kit was gorgeous, this season's would have been too if the stripes were on the back too.

Don't care it can be pink with purple stripes sponsored by every snowflake organisation .in the country so long as it has a premiership badge on the sleeve ;)

Not really bothered whether it’s a template or not. All I care is whether it looks good and has the Sheffield emblem on it. Anybody watching us on the telly won’t be thinking ‘oh that’s just a copy of whoever’s shirt’ they’ll just think it looks nice or it doesn’t.

Too much is made of having a individual custom design. It’s got stripes or it hasn’t, a round neck or not. There’s only so much you can do with a striped shirt at the end of the day. It’s the badge on the shirt that’s what’s important, and the one on the sleeve.

Hopefully ours next season will have a Lion’s head on it.

There's always an underlying template. Our first Championship season our shirt was the same as Bayern Munich's, our away shirt was a Tiro 17 template kit like most Adidas teams. This season our away kit is a Condivo 18 template kit, and the home is the same as a lot of other striped teams but with different colours.

Only teams like Man U, Real, Bayern, and Arsenal next season will get custom jobs from Adidas. It's no bad thing though as long as we get to pick the nicest one. The Bayern based kit was gorgeous, this season's would have been too if the stripes were on the back too.
The first Adidas kit was bespoke (or a bespoke one was certainly offered)

Not true. There is always a template involved. The templates involve a choice of different collars, shoulders, sleeves, positioning of stripes etc. Then the colours are just changed to suit.

This season we have the same shoulders, back and sleeves as Brentford:

upload_2019-3-29_16-18-19.png

Last season, we had the EXACT same template as Bayern Munich. We just had alternate colours either side of the pinstripes.

upload_2019-3-29_16-19-47.png

Season before, Our away kit and home shirt had same template and shared with Forest and Newell's Old Boys amongst others Look at the black on our sleeves.They all have the same sleeves, just chose to have them the same colour as their shirts. You can also see the 'cutting in'on the sides, particularly noticeable on the Forest one and our home shirt:

upload_2019-3-29_16-35-8.png

Season before:
upload_2019-3-29_16-38-8.png
Season before:

upload_2019-3-29_16-38-53.png

I just want a real simple, classic design. Red and white stripes, front and back, black trim on the arms and collar, black shorts, black socks. Blades badge, sensible sponsor. Done.

Not hard, is it? No modern twists. Just give us a classic.

The first Adidas kit was bespoke (or a bespoke one was certainly offered)

It wasn't. See above.

We may be the only team to wear stripes that used the template, but the shirt is exactly the same as the Forest away kit. Collar, shoulders, sleeves all exactly the same. They both have that little grey line on the back above the names too.

It wasn't. See above.

We may be the only team to wear stripes that used the template, but the shirt is exactly the same as the Forest away kit. Collar, shoulders, sleeves all exactly the same. They both have that little grey line on the back above the names too.
‘Or a bespoke one was offered’. On the back of the cup semi-final.
Aren’t templates supposed to be the same too? Some of the examples have different collars. The only similarity between the 125 ‘home’ and the Forest one is the pinstripes. Different collar, cuffs, neck and the adidas stripes end at different places

Not true. There is always a template involved. The templates involve a choice of different collars, shoulders, sleeves, positioning of stripes etc. Then the colours are just changed to suit.

This season we have the same shoulders, back and sleeves as Brentford:

View attachment 51484

Last season, we had the EXACT same template as Bayern Munich. We just had alternate colours either side of the pinstripes.

View attachment 51485

Season before, Our away kit and home shirt had same template and shared with Forest and Newell's Old Boys amongst others Look at the black on our sleeves.They all have the same sleeves, just chose to have them the same colour as their shirts. You can also see the 'cutting in'on the sides, particularly noticeable on the Forest one and our home shirt:

View attachment 51489

Season before:
View attachment 51490
Season before:

View attachment 51491
That first adidas shirt on Flynn was fucking terrible.

‘Or a bespoke one was offered’. On the back of the cup semi-final.
Aren’t templates supposed to be the same too? Some of the examples have different collars. The only similarity between the 125 ‘home’ and the Forest one is the pinstripes. Different collar, cuffs, neck and the adidas stripes end at different places

They pick different bits available. Look at the promotion shirts. Same everything apart from collar.

Have you ever designed your own trainers on NikeID or anything? Bit like that.

That first adidas shirt on Flynn was fucking terrible.

Not as bad as the away

ab5ef313511b78eeb9a6e444c100b0fd.jpg

Here's this seasons away kit,as modelled by- Aberdeen, Ipswich, Valencia, Iran, Scotland......

upload_2019-3-29_17-16-34.png

Next Seasons Adidas templates are just starting to filter through:

Flamengo:
flamengo_2019_adidas_home_kit.jpg

Cork:
cork_city_2018_adidas_third_kit_shirt.jpg

Argentina (how would people feel about that in red??):

transparent.gif

argentina_2019_copa_america_adidas_home_kit_4.jpg

Scots:
scotland_2019_womens_world_cup_adidas_home_kit.jpg

Scots (A):
scotland_2019_womens_world_cup_adidas_away_kit_shirt.jpg

Germany:
germany_2019_womens_world_cup_adidas_away_kit.jpg

I would expect next season's away kit to be like the bottom two which is the "Tiro 19" template...

http://www.3qsports.co.uk/adidas-2019-Matchwear

That Cork one is a Squadra 17

Don't mind the others though, bar Scotland home which is wank (to match the team's recent performances?)

Mattbianco1
I’d feel damn good about him in red ;)

PS appreciate the work on kit and template research *thumbs up*

Attachments

• 00DBB9D5-5C3E-4F99-9E65-10F33512FD36.jpeg
    00DBB9D5-5C3E-4F99-9E65-10F33512FD36.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom