2018/2019 Season - Current Sheffield United First Team Squad Contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
**PLEASE NOTE - WORK IN PROGRESS, WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY**

Goalkeepers:

Dean Henderson - On season long loan from Manchester United
Simon Moore - Contracted until end of June 2021
Jake Eastwood - Contracted until end of June 2020

Defenders:

George Baldock - Contracted until end of June 2020
Enda Stevens - Contracted until end of June 2022
Jack O'Connell - Contracted until end of June 2023
Chris Basham - Contracted until end of June 2021
John Egan - Contracted until end of June 2022
Jake Wright - Contracted until end of June 2019
Kieron Freeman - Contracted until end of June 2020
Richard Stearman - Contracted until end of June 2020
Daniel Lafferty - Contracted until end of June 2019
Kean Bryan - Contracted until end of June 2021
Martin Cranie - Contracted until end of June 2019

Midfield:

John Fleck - Contracted until end of June 2021
John Lundstram - Contracted until end of June 2020
Paul Coutts - Contracted until end of June 2021
Mark Duffy - Contracted until end of June 2020
Ricky Holmes - Contracted until end of June 2020
Kieron Dowell - On season long loan from Everton
Marvin Johnson - On season long loan from Middlesbrough
Ollie Norwood - Contracted until end of June 2021

Strikers:
Leon Clarke - Contracted until end of June 2020
Ched Evans - Contracted until end of June 2019
Caolan Lavery - Contracted until end of June 2019
David McGoldrick - Contracted until end of June 2021
Billy Sharp - Contracted until end of June 2021
Scott Hogan - On season long loan from Aston Villa
Gary Madine - On season long loan from Cardiff City
Conor Washington - Contracted until end of June 2019

Last edited:

Cheers for that Foxy, highlights the obvious where it’s all orange and red. Unfortunately the most expensive and difficult position to fill as well !!

Basham needs updating
Norrington Davies, Holmes, Ched, Evans, Lavery and Leonard need removing too pal

**PLEASE NOTE - WORK IN PROGRESS, WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY**

Goalkeepers:

Dean Henderson - On season long loan from Manchester United
Simon Moore - Contracted until end of June 2021
Jake Eastwood - Contracted until end of June 2020

Defenders:

George Baldock - Contracted until end of June 2020
Enda Stevens - Contracted until end of June 2022
Jack O'Connell - Contracted until end of June 2022
Chris Basham - Contracted until end of June 2019
John Egan - Contracted until end of June 2022
Jake Wright - Contracted until end of June 2019
Kieron Freeman - Contracted until end of June 2020
Richard Stearman - Contracted until end of June 2020
Daniel Lafferty - Contracted until end of June 2019
Rhys Norrington-Davies - ?????

Midfield:

John Fleck - Contracted until end of June 2021
John Lundstram - Contracted until end of June 2020
Paul Coutts - Contracted until end of June 2021
Mark Duffy - Contracted until end of June 2020
Ricky Holmes - Contracted until end of June 2020

Strikers:
Leon Clarke - Contracted until end of June 2020
Ched Evans - Contracted until end of June 2019
Caolan Lavery - Contracted until end of June 2019
David McGoldrick - Contracted until end of June 2019 + optional year extension
Billy Sharp - Contracted until end of June 2021

Thanks for updates Foxy

I reckon Basham and McGoldrick are 2021 now as well.

I know this is about the first team, but is it worth adding in Wilder’s contract date too?

Does anyone know the contract situations for the following; mostly young players....will start pulling together my end of season review soon.

Rhys Norrington Davies, Jordan Doherty, David Parkhouse, Simeon Oure, Oliver Greaves

The partying hasn't quite finished, but my thoughts have now moved to what we need for next season. I think we'll need a core squad of 25 players and I think it needs to be in place prior to the first match (they were the rules last year). To my mind it looks like we need the following

• 2 goalies in - 1 to be Hendo hopefully, experienced cover in and Eastwood out on loan
  • 4 defenders in - Cranie to be offered extension plus 2 wing backs and another CH - all capable of challenging for 1st team starter status. Stearman / Freeman / Kean all retained but probably likely to fall further down the pecking order
  • 2 midfielders (3 if Coutts decides he needs to be a starter elsewhere) At least 1 to be capable of challenging Duffy in that role. So far he's seen off about 5/6 players since his arrival. I'd keep Lundstram but he's likely to have limited opportunities unless he brings something more to his game.
  • 3 strikers needed to compliment Sharp and McGoldrick. This looks to be the hardest part as it always is. Madine may be a decent option, as he's proved to be an good option in many games, especially where we have struggled to dominate midfield. Hogan hasn't really looked the part for me, so I'd look elsewhere unless CW/AK think they can dramatically improve his all round game. TBH, if we signed those 2, I'd hope to bring in 2 more
Overall I'd propose 5 of the loans/Out of contract players to be added to the active squad of 14 signed players

That means 7 or 8 additions of premier league standing with maybe 2 or 3 of the fringe players out on loan later in the transfer window (late august)

All in all that is 12 or 13 players to be signed before the start of the season. Busy days ahead for CW/AK

The partying hasn't quite finished, but my thoughts have now moved to what we need for next season. I think we'll need a core squad of 25 players and I think it needs to be in place prior to the first match (they were the rules last year). To my mind it looks like we need the following

• 2 goalies in - 1 to be Hendo hopefully, experienced cover in and Eastwood out on loan
  • 4 defenders in - Cranie to be offered extension plus 2 wing backs and another CH - all capable of challenging for 1st team starter status. Stearman / Freeman / Kean all retained but probably likely to fall further down the pecking order
  • 2 midfielders (3 if Coutts decides he needs to be a starter elsewhere) At least 1 to be capable of challenging Duffy in that role. So far he's seen off about 5/6 players since his arrival. I'd keep Lundstram but he's likely to have limited opportunities unless he brings something more to his game.
  • 3 strikers needed to compliment Sharp and McGoldrick. This looks to be the hardest part as it always is. Madine may be a decent option, as he's proved to be an good option in many games, especially where we have struggled to dominate midfield. Hogan hasn't really looked the part for me, so I'd look elsewhere unless CW/AK think they can dramatically improve his all round game. TBH, if we signed those 2, I'd hope to bring in 2 more
Overall I'd propose 5 of the loans/Out of contract players to be added to the active squad of 14 signed players

That means 7 or 8 additions of premier league standing with maybe 2 or 3 of the fringe players out on loan later in the transfer window (late august)

All in all that is 12 or 13 players to be signed before the start of the season. Busy days ahead for CW/AK

Aren't you only allowed x2 loans in the PL?

Based on that and the above, could be a busy off season for Tufty and the fax machine!

Plus re: Coutts and Lunny - can't see any player leaving of their own free will. Not when there's a chance of PL games round the corner!!

Back
Top Bottom